• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow! Peyton Manning was the original t bagger while @ UT

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that one's nothing. Lawrence Phillips (starting RB at the time) caught Scott Frost (starting qb at the time) banging his girlfriend so he beat the shit out of her and dragged her down the stairs by her hair while Frost hid in the closet.
Lawrence Phillips was indeed a piece of crap of a human being. the fact the Osbourne worked so hard to make sure Phillips was available for the Orange Bowl after this incident also permanently marked Tom Osbourne as part of the problem in my mind.

Of course, I also remember when Lawrence Phillips was signed by the 49ers. All of the players were willing to look the other way on his checkered past - because they hoped he could help them win games.

This is the kind of thing I am talking about when I point out that giving people passes because they can play sports so well enables some really bad behavior.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't news. I first heard about this story like 5 years ago.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why womenz should be in the kitchen, not the locker room.

Y

Yapp14

Lawrence Phillips was indeed a piece of crap of a human being. the fact the Osbourne worked so hard to make sure Phillips was available for the Orange Bowl after this incident also permanently marked Tom Osbourne as part of the problem in my mind.

Of course, I also remember when Lawrence Phillips was signed by the 49ers. All of the players were willing to look the other way on his checkered past - because they hoped he could help them win games.

This is the kind of thing I am talking about when I point out that giving people passes because they can play sports so well enables some really bad behavior.
Things didn't work out well for LP. He hit the wall in the NFL and was finished pretty quickly. Eventually those who are allowed to skate on their issues usually hit the wall and excuses and free passes no longer work.

The sad part is there are often innocent people who are affected in the process

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or this pic

14203753-mmmain.jpg