• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade up for Sammy Watkins?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well for one it would take our 1st, both 2nds, and a 3rd to move to the 10th over all pick (if he's there), soo no we wont have the picks you listed. Two Sammy Watkins is good but he isn't worth that bounty. Three with a draft this deep, picks become more valuable. Four there are other WRs that can be as serviceable in this draft and you wouldn't have to give up your draft for them. Getting a top 5 WR, Top 5 CB, and Top 5 other position player would be more valuable.

Okay, so you think someone who is eliciting responses from draftniks along the lines of one of the top wr's in the last ten years can "be as serviceable" as some wr's later in the draft you are nuts..

point two.. it wouldn't take our 1st, both seconds, and a third to move to 10.. it may take most of that, but I would gladly give up our late first(hopefully of course #32) next season in exchange for our 2nd this year. So say it takes #30, #56, #94 and a first and fourth next year to get to the top 7 and get Watkins.. Say we get a 3rd round comp for Goldson.. So bear with me while I run through this quick mock and let me know what you think

1: Sammy Watkins, Wr
2: Louchiez Purifoy, CB
3: Dominique Easley, DE
3: Marcus Martin, C
4: Antone Exum, S
5: Aaron Colvin, CB
6: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
7: Cody Hoffman, WR
7: Caleb Lavey, ILB
7: Zach Fulton, G Tenn

So... doesn't that seem worth going to get one of the most dynamic players at a position and still come out with a hell of a haul in our draft?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would. I would also trade up for Evans. 49ers met with Evans and they like what they see. Word is 49ers might jump up to grab him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, so you think someone who is eliciting responses from draftniks along the lines of one of the top wr's in the last ten years can "be as serviceable" as some wr's later in the draft you are nuts..

point two.. it wouldn't take our 1st, both seconds, and a third to move to 10.. it may take most of that, but I would gladly give up our late first(hopefully of course #32) next season in exchange for our 2nd this year. So say it takes #30, #56, #94 and a first and fourth next year to get to the top 7 and get Watkins.. Say we get a 3rd round comp for Goldson.. So bear with me while I run through this quick mock and let me know what you think

So... doesn't that seem worth going to get one of the most dynamic players at a position and still come out with a hell of a haul in our draft?

A hell of a haul in this draft, assuming Watkins really does become a perennial pro bowl player. I view that as a pretty big if, despite Watkins' considerable talent. And our draft next year would be significantly less substantial. I think that's too much to give up for any one player in this draft.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call me nuts if you want but some "draftniks" thinks Mike Evans will have a better NFL career then Sammy Watkins. Watkins isn't as good or even graded as high as the payers you are referring to in that article; Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Julio Jones, or AJ Green. Those guys listed graded out as 8.5+ out of 10 Watkins grades at a 7. Also the drop off from Watkins to Beckham, Cooks, Mathews, Lee, or Moncrief really isn't that much or worth the bounty you want to give. Its a deep draft at WR.

I hope we get a 3rd for Goldson too but its unlikely. The draft looks good if it worked out that way but you assume people will fall... just like I am assume people will fall with out having to sell out, deep drafts tend to do that. :suds:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Call me nuts if you want but some "draftniks" thinks Mike Evans will have a better NFL career then Sammy Watkins. Watkins isn't as good or even graded as high as the payers you are referring to in that article; Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Julio Jones, or AJ Green. Those guys listed graded out as 8.5+ out of 10 Watkins grades at a 7. Also the drop off from Watkins to Beckham, Cooks, Mathews, Lee, or Moncrief really isn't that much or worth the bounty you want to give. Its a deep draft at WR.

I hope we get a 3rd for Goldson too but its unlikely. The draft looks good if it worked out that way but you assume people will fall... just like I am assume people will fall with out having to sell out, deep drafts tend to do that. :suds:

I would say that he is on the level of Dez Bryant without the baggage. I never said he was on the level of Calvin Johnson.. I would say he is on the level of Julio Jones/Andre Johnson in athletic ability/rac. AJ Green and Larry Fitz are very comparable as players coming out of college I would say.

I would have graded most of those players at 9.5's and up.. Dez would have been in the 8.5 area and I would have Watkins easily in that area.

These are just differing opinions on prospects, nothing wrong with some healthy debate.. however wrong it may be.. :whistle: just kiddin..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans has been my Draft crush this year. I think he has a chance to be like AJ and Calvin Johnson.

I like Evans, Watkins and Cooks. I want one of those WRs or if we go CB I want Gilbert or Dennard.

Sleeper pick is Moncrief. This kid is going to be good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he will be Calvin or AJ. I think he has potential to be that type of WR.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he will be Calvin or AJ. I think he has potential to be that type of WR.

I like Evans too. But have you ever consistently watched him play?

I think he's way more Eric Decker than Calvin Johnson.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Clemson WR Sammy Watkins solidified his position as a top five selection after his recent Pro Day.

"Kept all of his combine numbers and had an excellent workout. He’s an excellent route runner and has hands like a vacuum cleaner — he caught everything. Watkins solidified his position as a top-five player," Brandt wrote. Depending on which way the top of the board goes on draft day, Watkins could be the type of talent that teams could move up for, if he happens to slip out of the top 5. The Lions who currently sit at No.10, have been rumored to have a ton of interest in Watkins.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 8 - 7:50 PM

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trade up for Watkins, I might be inclined to do so For Evans... but I also look at Beckham as well hell could be the steal of the draft for the Niners...

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As someone who has medicine as a living, I think Tank is primed. It's an opportunity moment to have the chance at a high stales roster role/rotation. He is quite possibly th man to transform th league like an Aldonis from NE back in the day..Be a new dynamic to modifying the role's standard..

As peer topic I thnk Sam,my is too far out of our reach. But I believe Evans, if he drops will be in sticking grab should we have the opportunity to trade. Grab him - go for it!

I think this is a year to stack up tho. No red shirts, but definites on roster and need/BPA. Not much to improve on a NFC x 3 championship team...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have to trade up for Cooks now.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is why once upon a time I said he compares favorably to Julio Jones:

Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Browns coach Mike Pettine says Clemson WR Sammy Watkins is "an extremely explosive athlete."

Cleveland is not locked into taking a QB at No. 4, meaning Watkins, South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney and Buffalo's Khalil Mack are all options. Of Watkins, Pettine said: "(He's a) playmaker. He plays the wide receiver position violently, which is something you don't often see. To me what jumps off the tape is his passion. He loves football. We interviewed him in Indianapolis and you can tell he absolutely loves the game. He's a guy that I think you want to find a variety of ways to get the ball in his hands because he's special." Watkins and Josh Gordon could potentially form one of the NFL's best young receiving duos for a QB taken with Cleveland's second first-round pick at No. 26. The club reportedly likes Fresno State's Derek Carr.
Source: Cleveland.com

Mar 29 - 4:45 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is no way he lasts past our pick and more than likely will require a trade UP now.

I wouldn't say there's no way. It's somewhat unlikely, but who knows? There's a wide difference of opinion on receivers after the first two this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With all the WR talent in this draft no way would I trade up for Watkins.

I actually think Brandin Cooks is the better WR prospect.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what happen to Cully we have to trade up to grab one of the top 2 CB's We can still get a very solid WR in rd 2.