• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade up for Sammy Watkins?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think hardly anyone here has said that he is a crappy prospect, and if he was there when we picked we should not take him. What was said is that its not worth giving up our first two or three rounds of the draft to trade up and get this guy.

You say that you think he is a rare talent/prospect, I personally disagree. I think one or three players come out almost every draft that can be fit right into his mold. Calvin Johnson is a rare prospect IMO. I went and watched some of his highlight tapes, and I have watched some of his games. What i seen is an average to below average height WR that is incredibly fast, and shifty. He is a dynamic playmaker for sure. What I also seen is a guy that goes down to first contact on every play I seen. This would raise a concern for me. On one hand you could say you can't contact what you can't catch, and on the other hand you could say he can be completely shut down by physical corners. Now I can't say this is definitely right, but I could say this is a concern.

Exactly.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think hardly anyone here has said that he is a crappy prospect, and
if he was there when we picked we should not take him. What was said is that its
not worth giving up our first two or three rounds of the draft to trade up and
get this guy.

I was furious when we moved up to get a slot WR/punt returner - Tavon Austin. He's on the field for 15-18 plays a game. Cannot run block. Until he gets bigger, he won't be like Steve Smith (Carolina). You don't trade your 1st and 2nd for a 5'8 175 football player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Texas A&M Jeff Fuller. Volunteers Robert Mecheam. Volunteers DaRick Rodgers. So far Volunteers Justin Hunter.

Hunter had 6 catches for 109 yards & a TD today. He's starting to show why I liked him so much, but he's still raw. Once the Titans reload in the offseason & get Locker back from injury, he could have a big year.

Man there were a ton of players I liked in the 2nd & 3rd rounds of the draft in the offseason! It was like the 2010 draft all over again.

Come on & make me forget about these guys Tank!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter had 6 catches for 109 yards & a TD today. He's starting to show why I liked him so much, but he's still raw. Once the Titans reload in the offseason & get Locker back from injury, he could have a big year.

Man there were a ton of players I liked in the 2nd & 3rd rounds of the draft in the offseason! It was like the 2010 draft all over again.

Hunter is not better than Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, and Cordarrelle Patterson. And I liked Marquess Wilson better than him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he is there when the Rams (washington) picks or when the Rams pick. lol

We need this cat and hopefully Taj Boyd in the 2nd.

And for everyone that doesn't know alot about Sammy W, he's Julio Jones but 2-3 inches shorter and a little faster, with more jukes.

If San Fran moves up and jumps us to get him, we truly are cursed.

Go Rams!

Sammy Watkins is closer to Roddy White than he is Julio Jones. I really, really like Watkins but he isn't on the level of AJ Green or Julio Jones when they came out.

I think the Rams need to worry about getting a QB before getting another WR. Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Austin Pettis are perfectly fine for now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hunter is not better than Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, and Cordarrelle Patterson. And I liked Marquess Wilson better than him.

I loved Keenen Allen in college, but I wanted the Niners to get a deep threat to combine with their slow WRs. I'd rather add Hunter than Allen to the Niners' offense. Allen + Rivers is going to mean a ton of underneath yardage, but I want a deep threat.

Austin & Patterson? I'd still rather have Hunter.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Keenen Allen in college, but I wanted the Niners to get a deep threat to combine with their slow WRs. I'd rather add Hunter than Allen to the Niners' offense. Allen + Rivers is going to mean a ton of underneath yardage, but I want a deep threat.

Austin & Patterson? I'd still rather have Hunter.

Not a fan of Allen's. Hopkins and Hunter were my top two WRs and that hasn't changed. Austin was right there at #3.

Didn't feel strongly either about for Patterson, either. There are some intriguing guys in this year's draft at WR that I like for the 49ers so we'll see how the draft season plays out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunter coming out party. This is the first game where he got more than just a handful of snaps too. Even in limited snaps before today he was a deep ball threat with a couple TDs.

I agree with Sick, a Hunter like WR would be a perfect fit for our offense. Kap's strong arm bombing it deep to a fast rangy leaper would be sweet.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about trading our 1st to Cleveland for Josh Gordon?

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd have to be in the offseason because the trade deadline has passed.

I'd do that deal in a second if the Brown's are stupid enough to accept it. Gordon is quickly establishing himself as one of the top 3 deep threats in the NFL. He would completely change our offensive identity, because teams wouldn't be able to take both him and VD away down-field, so pick your poison; plus they'll also have to still worry about our rushing attack, Kap scrambling, and Crabtree. Good Luck With That!

I'd then take it a step further by using both our 2nd rounders, and whatever else it takes to get back into the first to grab Mike Evans if he falls into the 20's (possible with a bad 40 time), or we can move up into the early 2nd and draft Odell Beckham Jr. This would allow us to start using more 3 WR sets, and move Crabtree to the slot, where he seems to wreak the most havoc.

2014 WR/TE
J.Gordon (Trade)
M.Crabtree
V.Davis
M.Evans/O.Beckham Jr. (Draft)
Q.Patton
V.McDonald

This would definitely fix our inept offense.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd do that deal in a second if the Brown's are stupid enough to accept it. Gordon is quickly establishing himself as one of the top 3 deep threats in the NFL. He would completely change our offensive identity, because teams wouldn't be able to take both him and VD away down-field, so pick your poison; plus they'll also have to still worry about our rushing attack, Kap scrambling, and Crabtree. Good Luck With That!

I'd then take it a step further by using both our 2nd rounders, and whatever else it takes to get back into the first to grab Mike Evans if he falls into the 20's (possible with a bad 40 time), or we can move up into the early 2nd and draft Odell Beckham Jr. This would allow us to start using more 3 WR sets, and move Crabtree to the slot, where he seems to wreak the most havoc.

2014 WR/TE
J.Gordon (Trade)
M.Crabtree
V.Davis
Q.Patton
V.McDonald

Two late 2nd round picks will not be enough to move up in the draft to land Evans. Evans might be the first receiver off the board. That wouldn't suprise me one bit. He's practically out of our reach, Sammy is out of our reach too at the moment if we do not trade up.

Beckham Jr. is good but I don't see the elite potential / difference maker in him that our offense desperately need. I like him much better than Quinton Patton, when Patton was a prospect last year. He can develop to be a scary #2 receiver in the league, in the right system though. I'm just not sold on him, his potential to be a dependable #1 guy in the NFL. If we want to add quality depth, I would go with Miami's Allen Hurns somewhere in the 4th round, that's if I am unable to land someone like Brandin Cooks in the 2nd round. Cooks is small and his size might hurt him causing him to slide to the late 3rd round, at that point I would be heated if we pass up on him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

2014 WR/TE
J.Gordon (Trade)
M.Crabtree
V.Davis
Q.Patton
V.McDonald

in general, don't think we need to two WR's this high?

the largest issue is Kaep and unless he gets on track, won't matter what the receiving corps look like. i'd rather consider a QB along with a WR.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said Clemson WR Sammy Watkins is one of the "best wide receivers he's seen on tape in the last decade."

"Because his combine was so good a couple weeks ago, I think all he's going to do is catch the football (at Clemson's pro day Thursday), and if he doesn't get hurt, he's a top-10 pick," Mayock said. Coming from Mayock, that is a raving review for the Clemson wide receiver. With big names like A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, and Julio Jones drafted in the last decade that puts him among some highly elite company.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 6 - 11:01 AM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I still don't understand why ppl are so hesitant to go up and get him if we can still have another second and third AND SAMMY WATKINS!!!!

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why ppl are so hesitant to go up and get him if we can still have another second and third AND SAMMY WATKINS!!!!

Well for one it would take our 1st, both 2nds, and a 3rd to move to the 10th over all pick (if he's there), soo no we wont have the picks you listed. Two Sammy Watkins is good but he isn't worth that bounty. Three with a draft this deep, picks become more valuable. Four there are other WRs that can be as serviceable in this draft and you wouldn't have to give up your draft for them. Getting a top 5 WR, Top 5 CB, and Top 5 other position player would be more valuable.