• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would necessarily require a big jump. Natural progression should be enough. Ingram was much better this year than last. Should be able to continue that.

Because of how he plays, Lonzo doesn't really need a big jump as far as his passing, rebounding and defense. He still needs to improve his shot, but the presence of Lebron and PG would remove much of the urgency.

But with Lebron on the team, Lonzo would likely need to become less of a play maker and more of a shot creator. Unless Ball was going to run the 2nd team.

Honestly I have similar questions with regards to Lebron and Simmons if he were to come to Philly. And Simmons is a much better shot creator than Ball, at least at this point in their careers.

Yeah, Magic basically said it's land a whale or 2 this off-season or wait until next off-season. He said they aren't going to spend money just to spend money.

It will certainly be interesting. To be clear, the Lakers are either my preferred or my 2nd choice for where I would like to see Lebron go. If he isn't coming to Philly then I would prefer he goes out West.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Lebron on the team, Lonzo would likely need to become less of a play maker and more of a shot creator. Unless Ball was going to run the 2nd team.

Honestly I have similar questions with regards to Lebron and Simmons if he were to come to Philly. And Simmons is a much better shot creator than Ball, at least at this point in their careers.

A lot would depend on what Lebron wants in both situations, imo. If Lebron wants to be the show...then it would make him a tough fit in Philly or LA unless Lonzo or Simmons were willing to take a backseat for a couple of seasons.

Having said that, it's possible that the reason Lebron does as much as he does with the Cavs is because he has to. Who else on that team are you going to turn running the offense over to? We've been hearing for at least a couple of seasons now that Lebron is wanting to lighten his load and every year, his load gets bigger.

In Philly or LA, he wouldn't have to run the show. He could let Simmons or Lonzo do most of the work and pick and choose when to take over.

It will certainly be interesting.

No doubt. Should be a fun off-season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot would depend on what Lebron wants in both situations, imo. If Lebron wants to be the show...then it would make him a tough fit in Philly or LA unless Lonzo or Simmons were willing to take a backseat for a couple of seasons.

Having said that, it's possible that the reason Lebron does as much as he does with the Cavs is because he has to. Who else on that team are you going to turn running the offense over to? We've been hearing for at least a couple of seasons now that Lebron is wanting to lighten his load and every year, his load gets bigger.

In Philly or LA, he wouldn't have to run the show. He could let Simmons or Lonzo do most of the work and pick and choose when to take over.

If LeBron does in fact choose LA, I would hope he would buy into their Ball movement offense. I think he just might. It could be the ideal thing both for LeBron and the Lakers. LeBron could be more of a scorer and secondary facilitator which I think suites him perfectly at this stage in his career.

I see his potential role in Philly being very similar.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron does in fact choose LA, I would hope he would buy into their Ball movement offense. I think he just might. It could be the ideal thing both for LeBron and the Lakers. LeBron could be more of a scorer and secondary facilitator which I think suites him perfectly at this stage in his career.

Well he did okay in Miami and deferred to Bosh and Wade enough to win - It is hard to defer to players that lack reliability

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what im talking about....saw a report this morning that said Kawhi has a list of demands for the Spurs and one is that he wants practices to be less intense.

1. Kawhi is known to be an absolute work horse who stops at nothing to get better. This report makes no sense.
2. The Spurs rarely ever practice. I'm so sure Kawhi is upset with practice being intense maybe 4 times a year.

People are just reporting random shit now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what im talking about....saw a report this morning that said Kawhi has a list of demands for the Spurs and one is that he wants practices to be less intense.

1. Kawhi is known to be an absolute work horse who stops at nothing to get better. This report makes no sense.
2. The Spurs rarely ever practice. I'm so sure Kawhi is upset with practice being intense maybe 4 times a year.

People are just reporting random shit now.
Honestly, I'm with you and @flyerhawk ....

Even if the things reported all season long are all true, and I believe some of it is, I think they mend fences and he signs his max.

I'm actually more concerned about Pop returning than Kawhi.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. That's why I don't really get folks who say he can't play alongside Simmons or Lonzo.

Sure, if he wants to come in and try to do what he's doing in Cleveland, it won't work. But I think he's smart enough to see the benefit of not having to do everything all the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cmon dude

you win with LeBron by putting shooters around him. And LeBron always wants the ball. A guard that cant shoot and needs the ball is the last thing you want around LeBron. Honestly I dont know if i could pick a guard that would fit worse with LEBron than Ball. It just makes no sense. The Cavs had Kyrie Irving and LeBron refused to play off the ball for any kind of real stretches. It is an INCREDIBLE waste of LeBron James' talents and court vision and size and speed to play him off the ball for anyhting but small time frames. Trae Young and Colin Sexton are both guys that fit waaaaaay better.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. That's why I don't really get folks who say he can't play alongside Simmons or Lonzo.
Sure, if he wants to come in and try to do what he's doing in Cleveland, it won't work. But I think he's smart enough to see the benefit of not having to do everything all the time.

Actually I think Lebron really likes to be the focal point for long stretches at crunchtime. He wants the ball at the top of the key and do his thing.

I think it will bite these Cavs. It looks a lot like Y2010.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boom.

He's always had to be the de facto PG.

He wouldn't with the Lakers or the Sixers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did okay in Miami and deferred to Bosh and Wade enough to win - It is hard to defer to players that lack reliability

He didn't defer in Miami.

He averaged

26.7ppg

He led the team every year in scoring.

His 6.7apg (average over his tenure in Miami) were the lowest of his career for any team he played for.

Now Bosh sacrificed the most of that trio in Miami.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think Lebron really likes to be the focal point for long stretches at crunchtime. He wants the ball at the top of the key and do his thing.

I think it will bite these Cavs. It looks a lot like Y2010.

In crunchtime it's fine. That's part of why you have him. He's going to make the right play pretty much every time.

It's having to do everything, all game long that is the issue. I don't think that part is by choice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN offered up a bunch of possible trade options for Leonard.

Seven best Kawhi Leonard trades we'd like to see

I have to say that they all look pretty weak to me. I don't think a single team would spend 2 seconds worrying about giving up what ESPN proposes for Kawhi. And I don't think that the Spurs would accept any of those trades.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN offered up a bunch of possible trade options for Leonard.

Seven best Kawhi Leonard trades we'd like to see

I have to say that they all look pretty weak to me. I don't think a single team would spend 2 seconds worrying about giving up what ESPN proposes for Kawhi. And I don't think that the Spurs would accept any of those trades.
The only ones that I think are even close to being worth it for the Spurs are the proposed ones with the Celtics.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones that I think are even close to being worth it for the Spurs are the proposed ones with the Celtics.

I don't even think they are. Irving is a very good player. Kawhi is a top 5 player. Throwing in a late 1st doesn't change that. Hayward is coming off a pretty serious injury and Rozier is probably somewhere between a lower tier PG and a backup PG.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think they are. Irving is a very good player. Kawhi is a top 5 player. Throwing in a late 1st doesn't change that. Hayward is coming off a pretty serious injury and Rozier is probably somewhere between a lower tier PG and a backup PG.
If they're referring to the Celtics actual 1st-rounder then yeah, I agree. Especially since Kyrie is only signed for one more year. I guess I was thinking they were referring to the 1st-rounder the Celtics acquired via the Sixers, which is actually the Kings pick. Hayward should still be good though I think and he's signed long-term. Not saying I would actually do these if I were the Spurs. But if they're in a position where they're almost forced to deal him then those would be much more reasonable at least.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is still an cloud of mystery around Kawhi's injury status as well. If he is fully cleared, the trade demands would skyrocket (if they would even consider trading him). Until then, the trade scenarios will be weak.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're referring to the Celtics actual 1st-rounder then yeah, I agree. Especially since Kyrie is only signed for one more year. I guess I was thinking they were referring to the 1st-rounder the Celtics acquired via the Sixers, which is actually the Kings pick. Hayward should still be good though I think and he's signed long-term. Not saying I would actually do these if I were the Spurs. But if they're in a position where they're almost forced to deal him then those would be much more reasonable at least.

It's very hard to trade a malcontent star for another star.

Getting one back with a pick is about as good as a team can usually hope for.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still an cloud of mystery around Kawhi's injury status as well. If he is fully cleared, the trade demands would skyrocket (if they would even consider trading him). Until then, the trade scenarios will be weak.

Fair point. I can't imagine anyone is going to give up what it needed to get Kawhi unless they are VERY confident that his injury is not a concern.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they're trading Hayward.

The reason he came to boston was the bond with Stevens.

Kyrie and the first is more likely. Probably gotta add in the clips pick too.