• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Joseph. Honestly I would have gone with Shanahan given how an offensively inept team going with a defensive HC seemed a bit curious. Still, I trust Elway and felt the potential to assemble an all star staff was there. And so far it appears that's what has happened.

Falcons are taking it to the Seahawks right now. 26-10.

And I was on the Shanahan train too. Shanahan presented 2 big issues though for me...1) How was he going to handle the divided locker room that I have been told is worse than many fans know...He hasn't exactly been the best people person in the NFL. The other was the fact that waiting did mean missing out on some great coordinators. I mean we are seeing right now getting a coach early has helped us snatch up some of the top coordinators on the market.

I'm sure though fans especially watching this game against the Seahawks will say we should have waited. And maybe that will prove to be true. WE just don't know. To me I think both Shanahan and Joseph can be great coaches in this league. I preferred Shanahan but am happy with Joseph as well and to see what he can do with this team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all the fans that comment there are bad, but collectively as far as Broncos fan forums go it's not our best work.

Agreed not all are bad. But there are those who make it difficult to read through some of the comments and try to have a conversation.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed not all are bad. But there are those who make it difficult to read through some of the comments and try to have a conversation.

Yeah, some fans want you to agree with them no matter what or if you're not right on one thing or another one time they never let you hear the end of it. I think when discussing anything on a web-based media you're definitely going to get some intellectual bottom-feeders dragging down the collective IQ!

The Seahawks got a stop and assuming the Falcons hit this FG it'll be 29-13. It's funny, I used to like the Seahawks but cant stand them now. It wasn't even their win over the Broncos that did that in for me. It actually started before that: their fans out of nowhere became insufferable douchebags around 2012 or so. It only got worse after that Super Bowl, especially when their players spent that entire off season running their mouths about the Broncos. It was so bad I was rooting for the Patriots over the Seahawks in between the Broncos Super Bowls! The Broncos win over the Panthers has really softened the blow, but I don't fast forgive sore winners.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some fans want you to agree with them no matter what or if you're not right on one thing or another one time they never let you hear the end of it. I think when discussing anything on a web-based media you're definitely going to get some intellectual bottom-feeders dragging down the collective IQ!

The Seahawks got a stop and assuming the Falcons hit this FG it'll be 29-13. It's funny, I used to like the Seahawks and it wasn't even their win over the Broncos that did that in for me. It actually started before that: their fans out of nowhere became insufferable douchebags around 2012 or so. It only got worse after that Super Bowl, especially when their players spent that entire off season running their mouths about the Broncos. It was so bad I was rooting for the Patriots over the Seahawks in between the Broncos Super Bowls! The Broncos win over the Panthers has really softened the blow, but I don't fast forgive sore winners.

Believe me I understand all too well. I lived in Seattle before they all of a sudden got good over the last 5 years. When I first moved to Seattle honestly I never got yelled at for wearing Bronco gear other than the occasional person. On Sunday's the bars were pretty much empty other than a few regulars. So it was great where I would go watch the Broncos play and my wife would do homework. All of a sudden when they got good every person was wearing Seahawks gear and honestly I did start to worry when I wore my Elway jersey on Sundays. I don't know how many people would tell me "how dare you wear that jersey in this bar...you are a disgrace" kind of thing. I remember that 2012 season when they lost to the Falcons in the playoffs I was the only person in the city with a smile on my face. The day before that when the Broncos lost to the Ravens I had my boss actually run down out of the break room just to make sure he could be the one to break the news to me with a huge smile on his face.

So yeah ever since then I have actively cheered against the Seahawks. I remember leading up to that Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl being torn on who to cheer for but when the game started I am with you I was cheering for the Patriots all the way. I didn't think that would happen but it just came out of me naturally.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I understand all too well. I lived in Seattle before they all of a sudden got good over the last 5 years. When I first moved to Seattle honestly I never got yelled at for wearing Bronco gear other than the occasional person. On Sunday's the bars were pretty much empty other than a few regulars. So it was great where I would go watch the Broncos play and my wife would do homework. All of a sudden when they got good every person was wearing Seahawks gear and honestly I did start to worry when I wore my Elway jersey on Sundays. I don't know how many people would tell me "how dare you wear that jersey in this bar...you are a disgrace" kind of thing. I remember that 2012 season when they lost to the Falcons in the playoffs I was the only person in the city with a smile on my face. The day before that when the Broncos lost to the Ravens I had my boss actually run down out of the break room just to make sure he could be the one to break the news to me with a huge smile on his face.

So yeah ever since then I have actively cheered against the Seahawks. I remember leading up to that Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl being torn on who to cheer for but when the game started I am with you I was cheering for the Patriots all the way. I didn't think that would happen but it just came out of me naturally.

Isn't it funny how that sort of things happens? I feel the same way toward the Chargers. We lived there in the lean 2007-2010 years and the Chargers were riding a pretty solid wave starting with a 12-4 finish in 2004 and a 14-2 finish just before our arrival to the area. Chargers fans were awful to us. I had a baby girl (August 2006) and I'd be at the mall pushing her in the stroller and with my wife and people would walk up to us and tell me to "eff off" for wearing a Broncos hat or shirt. (Fun fact: One dumb bimbo at the mall food court was droning on and on to her friend about how she's a lifelong Chargers fan and have been with them through thick and thin, etc. This was about half an hour after the WC game between the Titans and Chargers kicked off (2007 season) and once I'd heard enough I piped up and asked, "If you're such a big fan why aren't you watching the game?" Her expression was blank and she said, "I think I'd know if there was a game right now." Yeah. Okay. Lifelong fan. Another "lifelong" fan said, "who?" once when I said something about Dan Fouts. Go figure.)

So colossal was the douche-baggery of Chargers fans that my wife the other day called me at work to make fun of Chargers fans in San Diego burning merchandise on the heels of the team's announced move to Los Angeles. My wife is a passive fan, mind you. She cheers for the Broncos because I do. Other than that she'd likely have a slight preference for the Broncos but is just not a huge NFL fan overall. Still, this development ignited some bad memories for her. "Fucking losers" and "no sympathy: they're awful fans and deserve this." When my wife starts talking about a fan base like that it's pretty significant.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Morris is the WR coach
That is some kind of outside the box thinking Denver needs

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Morris is the WR coach
That is some kind of outside the box thinking Denver needs

I recall a few years ago they interviewed him for the HC position. I believe the year they fired Shanahan.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Texans are holding up nicely against the Pats. 14-13 early. Good for them.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is average if he has to hold onto the ball longer than a 2.5 seconds
I think Houston can do that tonight

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this Texans defense is missing the MVP

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans are awful on offense. They make the Broncos offense look good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I think any other team in the playoffs other than Houston would be winning this game right now against the Pats. Worst I have seen them play this year other than when Brady was out.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I think any other team in the playoffs other than Houston would be winning this game right now against the Pats. Worst I have seen them play this year other than when Brady was out.

To be fair any other team other than Houston may not be putting on such a solid defensive performance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair any other team other than Houston may not be putting on such a solid defensive performance.

Very good point. I do think the Chiefs can get after Brady with their pass rush. I'm hoping they are watching this game and seeing how Houston is sending their top pass rushers right up the middle at Brady to get him off his spot. Genius defensive play calling there. But then again that means the Chiefs would be going to the Super Bowl. Man I would be torn if the Chiefs and Patriots were having to battle it out.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point. I do think the Chiefs can get after Brady with their pass rush. I'm hoping they are watching this game and seeing how Houston is sending their top pass rushers right up the middle at Brady to get him off his spot. Genius defensive play calling there. But then again that means the Chiefs would be going to the Super Bowl. Man I would be torn if the Chiefs and Patriots were having to battle it out.

At this point it's too early to even assume the Chiefs won't be booking flights for their offseason vacations by Monday morning!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's too early to even assume the Chiefs won't be booking flights for their offseason vacations by Monday morning!

I hope they are. I hope they get blown out by Pitt tomorrow. I want to see what Leveon Bell can do to this Patriots defense. Miller has had a very good game and some huge holes so I can't imagine what Bell could do.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they are. I hope they get blown out by Pitt tomorrow. I want to see what Leveon Bell can do to this Patriots defense. Miller has had a very good game and some huge holes so I can't imagine what Bell could do.

It's a shame for the Texans defense their offense was so inept. 31-16 now, and usually when that's the score we blame the defense. But they got no help from their counterparts on offense. They played 'em tough but there's no way in hell the Texans are closing a 15 point gap in less than 1 quarter of play remaining.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame for the Texans defense their offense was so inept. 31-16 now, and usually when that's the score we blame the defense. But they got no help from their counterparts on offense. They played 'em tough but there's no way in hell the Texans are closing a 15 point gap in less than 1 quarter of play remaining.

Yup all you have to do is look at that 3rd down percentage for the Texans and you see why this game is like this. The defense has done well forcing turnovers, getting 3 and outs, stuffing the run. All things you want to see out of the defense but when the offense just goes back out and goes 3 and out after a great stand it just gets tougher and tougher to keep going

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup all you have to do is look at that 3rd down percentage for the Texans and you see why this game is like this. The defense has done well forcing turnovers, getting 3 and outs, stuffing the run. All things you want to see out of the defense but when the offense just goes back out and goes 3 and out after a great stand it just gets tougher and tougher to keep going

Absolutely. We're familiar with that as Broncos fans but this Texans offense takes it to new levels!

I'm really looking forward to that Steelers-Chiefs tilt tomorrow. I think the Steelers more so than the Chiefs have a shot at beating the Pats in their house. With that said if the Chiefs win tomorrow I'll be rooting for the Pats!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. We're familiar with that as Broncos fans but this Texans offense takes it to new levels!

I'm really looking forward to that Steelers-Chiefs tilt tomorrow. I think the Steelers more so than the Chiefs have a shot at beating the Pats in their house. With that said if the Chiefs win tomorrow I'll be rooting for the Pats!

Yeah that should be a much better game than this one. Man the playoffs have been bad this year. Looking like we still won't have a 1 score game yet in the playoffs.

I'm torn on who stands a better chance. I think the Chiefs defense lines up much better against the Patriots and have enough offense to maybe do some damage. At the same time that Steelers' offense when it is clicking is maybe the most deadly in the NFL. Be fun to watch that shoot out