• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I live in Chief's country so I might have to move if they win.

Haha, definitely understand this! One thing that made living in San Diego bearable back then was knowing the Chargers would fall short in the playoffs. And they always did! That team had no discipline at all in the playoffs and it showed. It was fun to see how angry "fans" would get and my wife even poked the bear a couple times because she didn't like the way one particular acquaintance ran her mouth to me about the Broncos.

Here's a thought I had about the Chiefs. After the Broncos no-show in XLVIII Chiefs fans talked a lot of trash as if their team had anything to do with it as opposed to getting swept by the Broncos then going on to allow the most epic comeback in playoff history en route to their usual one-n-done. In the ensuing off season Chiefs fans argued that it would be better to have not made it to the Super Bowl than have a showing like that. (These were fans on AA and AP, not here on SportsHoopla. The regulars who are Chiefs fans here are actually great guys!) At any rate, I've pondered the likelihood the Chiefs reach the Super Bowl but then get railed. Would it be worth it to have to watch the Chiefs in the Super Bowl if it meant watching them blow it in the Super Bowl?

Truthfully for me I'd rather not. I personally believed the 2013 season, while ending in a crushing disappointment, was more fun than any of the non-Super Bowl seasons before it. I soundly rejected the Chiefs fans arguments that the whole season was a waste. With that said, I intend to hold them to their arguments should the Chiefs not win the Super Bowl this year. It'll be fun.

In other news, how's this for a fun fact: if the Packers reach the Super Bowl we will have a repeat matchup. The Packers have beat all three of the remaining AFC teams in the Super Bowl: XLV: Packers 31, Steelers 25; XXXI: Packers 35, Patriots 21; and I: Packers 35, Chiefs 10.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had much to say about the Packers @ Cowboys game but I do think the Packers win it. And so far so good if you're a Packers fan. I can't say I'm too surprised: so far the Packers have pretty much dominated this game. I hope this keeps up.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 12, Chiefs 7 at halftime. Chiefs have had one good drive but outside of that they've been outplayed pretty well.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's troubling to be dominating the game and only have 5 FGs...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the Chiefs fans talk about the Broncos being dirty, they've got some players on that roster that are cheaper than a Tijuana whore. Kelce and Peters come readily to mind.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of sequence that make for long off seasons! The Chiefs score the TD and pull within 2 at 18-16 and nail the 2 point try, only to have it negated due to a pretty obvious hold by Fisher. Then they failed on the next attempt. Nice! There's still time but not a lot.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Chiefs lost 8 consecutive playoff games from 1993-2013 and after last season's win over a pretty bad Texans team they're well on their way to another losing streak! Chiefs now 9-17 all time in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Chiefs lost 8 consecutive playoff games from 1993-2013 and after last season's win over a pretty bad Texans team they're well on their way to another losing streak! Chiefs now 9-17 all time in the playoffs.

The last divisional playoff win they had was against a team that doesn't even exist anymore in the Houston Oilers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as we have talked about in the past Andy Reid's terrible understanding of football situations once again showed up. The team is down by 8 with 9 minutes left to go. You would think hey that means speed things up a bit so you get 2 more chances to score in case you get the touchdown but can't get the 2-point conversion. Instead the Chiefs go on a 7 minute drive that makes it all come down to 1 play with the team having very little shot to get the ball back.

Not quite as bad as last year being down by 2 scores and still running those long time consuming drives. This is why I keep saying Andy Reid is going to struggle to win a Super Bowl because his in-game decisions continue to show up when the games matter most.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just anoint BB the greatest modern day coach. He trades away Collins and Jones, Brady misses 4 games and they still set a record for consecutive AFCC games though only one time have they made it with a road win.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG
Chiefs first team ever to score 2 more TDs than the other team and lose
245-0 before the chiefs made history
Kelcie is the biggest loser what a dillwad

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG
Chiefs first team ever to score 2 more TDs than the other team and lose
245-0 before the chiefs made history
Kelcie is the biggest loser what a dillwad

The last few playoff losses for them have been crazy. Had a 28 point lead against the Colts to only blow it and lose. Now to hold a team to field goals and still lose.

And definitely not a great look for so many of these players to just blame losses on the refs. I mean Kelce's huge penalty almost cost them big time on a promising drive. Got bailed out. Then the huge drop on a great throw that would have set them up 1st and goal. I mean maybe it is time to look at yourself as not showing up in the big moments rather than blaming the refs on a very obvious holding call.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just anoint BB the greatest modern day coach. He trades away Collins and Jones, Brady misses 4 games and they still set a record for consecutive AFCC games though only one time have they made it with a road win.

BB and the Patriots deserve some serious props. With that said, AFC East outside the Patriots since the rise of Brady and BB is a perennial .500 division. The AFC West since Elway's return has produced for the Broncos more competition than the Pats have faced within its division since Brady's career started. The lack of competition has enabled the Pats to have a good enough regular season record often enough to lock on first round byes most seasons, and never once having to start the playoffs on the road.

So while I can appreciate the Pats and all they've achieved, it has helped that they've played in such a weak division for so long.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few playoff losses for them have been crazy. Had a 28 point lead against the Colts to only blow it and lose. Now to hold a team to field goals and still lose.

And definitely not a great look for so many of these players to just blame losses on the refs. I mean Kelce's huge penalty almost cost them big time on a promising drive. Got bailed out. Then the huge drop on a great throw that would have set them up 1st and goal. I mean maybe it is time to look at yourself as not showing up in the big moments rather than blaming the refs on a very obvious holding call.

I've seen multiple Chiefs fans describe that holding call as "questionable." Sounds to me like they've been watching a lot of Broncos games because Broncos opponents these days seem like the only ones who don't get flagged for that kind of hold! I love it. The Chiefs finally get a year where they sweep the Broncos and reach the playoffs as a division leader with a first round bye instead of a WC and they blow it. Sure, the Broncos didn't even make the playoffs this year, but the Chiefs still squandered a perfect opportunity.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen multiple Chiefs fans describe that holding call as "questionable." Sounds to me like they've been watching a lot of Broncos games because Broncos opponents these days seem like the only ones who don't get flagged for that kind of hold! I love it. The Chiefs finally get a year where they sweep the Broncos and reach the playoffs as a division leader with a first round bye instead of a WC and they blow it. Sure, the Broncos didn't even make the playoffs this year, but the Chiefs still squandered a perfect opportunity.

Broncos ended the year with the same number of playoff victories as that of the Raiders and Chiefs. They just so happen to get a lower draft pick. So if we don't make the playoffs at least this year ended well with nobody else in the division doing anything.

And yeah not sure how you can call that hold "questionable." The LT was beat big time leading to at least a hurry if not a sack that ends the game. So the hold played a huge part in that play being successful for the Chiefs. Yeah I've seen plenty of times that doesn't get called but I'm glad they did because it truly did change the outcome of the play.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos ended the year with the same number of playoff victories as that of the Raiders and Chiefs. They just so happen to get a lower draft pick. So if we don't make the playoffs at least this year ended well with nobody else in the division doing anything.

And yeah not sure how you can call that hold "questionable." The LT was beat big time leading to at least a hurry if not a sack that ends the game. So the hold played a huge part in that play being successful for the Chiefs. Yeah I've seen plenty of times that doesn't get called but I'm glad they did because it truly did change the outcome of the play.

Honestly I am only partially kidding when I say this: the only time that doesn't get called is when it's the Broncos defense on the field. Any other time that's holding. Watching the Broncos these past two years has literally made me question how well I know the rules on holding.