• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers score a TD on a hail mary as the first half closes. Now even if they had missed on that, I applaud the way they play until the end. Had that been the Broncos they'd have taken a knee and let the half run out once the clock went below 40 seconds.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Dolphins get their lunch money taken, one can't help but wonder how the Broncos would have fared against the Steelers had they made the #6 seed instead of Miami. Of course one can only speculate and it's fair to assume the Steelers would have won this hypothetical, but I'd like to believe the Broncos would have at least made a game of it!

We would of because we have a D . I would say a Way better DC but I wanted to not piss off somebody .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a lane CD. LOL

Sorry let me clarify. Raiders fans would do good to remember that they were not the only team with a back up QB in that game. They also caught a break with the starter being out with a concussion. At the same time obviously the drop off from Carr to the others is not the same as Savage to Osweiler. What we saw in that game was the Texans showing they had other ways to win a football game other than a QB needing to have a great game. We saw them win with defense and a decent run game.

For the Raiders they need to figure out that if you are relying on a QB to completely carry you it isn't going to end well especially in the playoffs. Manning had that most of his career where he could win a lot of games in the regular season but in the playoffs we see just how important having a full team truly matters.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry let me clarify. Raiders fans would do good to remember that they were not the only team with a back up QB in that game. They also caught a break with the starter being out with a concussion. At the same time obviously the drop off from Carr to the others is not the same as Savage to Osweiler. What we saw in that game was the Texans showing they had other ways to win a football game other than a QB needing to have a great game. We saw them win with defense and a decent run game.

For the Raiders they need to figure out that if you are relying on a QB to completely carry you it isn't going to end well especially in the playoffs. Manning had that most of his career where he could win a lot of games in the regular season but in the playoffs we see just how important having a full team truly matters.
I think Raiders need to look hard at their #1-2 wrs going forward. Carr's future is very bright but having your two best wrs basically leading league in dropped balls should be concerning for them. Cooper is still young but Crab has been around awhile and still has that stigma attached. I would not be surprised if Oakland uses a 1 on wr or makes a significant move in FA to address that position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Raiders need to look hard at their #1-2 wrs going forward. Carr's future is very bright but having your two best wrs basically leading league in dropped balls should be concerning for them. Cooper is still young but Crab has been around awhile and still has that stigma attached. I would not be surprised if Oakland uses a 1 on wr or makes a significant move in FA to address that position.

Cooper really worked hard on his dropped passes issue this year. A great example is that Cooper had 87 catchable passes in both 2015 and 2016. He had 18 dropped passes last year to only 4 this year. So he to me is a big time keeper for them.

Crabtree though yeah I would think they have to look a bit at replacing him. He started out the year on fire making circus catches. As the year went on though he just seemed distracted and about once or twice a game dropped some key passes.
Also that Raiders offense cooled off big time over the last quarter of the season. Only one of those games was without Carr but they didn't score over 20 points in 3 of the last 4 games. Again to me that was a bit of a depth issue. Players were a little more banged up and the back ups just couldn't produce at all. And then the starters struggled with not being 100%.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper really worked hard on his dropped passes issue this year. A great example is that Cooper had 87 catchable passes in both 2015 and 2016. He had 18 dropped passes last year to only 4 this year. So he to me is a big time keeper for them.

Crabtree though yeah I would think they have to look a bit at replacing him. He started out the year on fire making circus catches. As the year went on though he just seemed distracted and about once or twice a game dropped some key passes.
Also that Raiders offense cooled off big time over the last quarter of the season. Only one of those games was without Carr but they didn't score over 20 points in 3 of the last 4 games. Again to me that was a bit of a depth issue. Players were a little more banged up and the back ups just couldn't produce at all. And then the starters struggled with not being 100%.
Crab led nfl in drops from what I heard. Maybe it was on 3rd downs but that would be even more problematic imo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crab led nfl in drops from what I heard. Maybe it was on 3rd downs but that would be even more problematic imo

He had 9 drops on the year which depending who you talk to lead the league this year. I will say though he didn't have the highest drop percentage which I would think would be the bigger stat. He was still 3rd in that category for any WR receiving more than 100 targets. So yeah not a great year especially after giving him the big contract.
So maybe they do look for another weapon on offense early in the draft. I would think they would look more to the defensive side of the ball just because that was the bigger issue this year compared to the offense but hard to pass up making that offense even tougher to defend.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone watching the Falcons-Seahawks game? It's a pretty good one so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone watching the Falcons-Seahawks game? It's a pretty good one so far.

I'm following it online while I work. Really hoping for a Falcons victory

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm following it online while I work. Really hoping for a Falcons victory

Me too. Hoping it's either Atlanta or Green Bay over any of the above in the AFC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Hoping it's either Atlanta or Green Bay over any of the above in the AFC.

Agreed could live with those 2 teams winning it all. Pittsburgh in the AFC if I have to pick one but don't even like that outcome

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed could live with those 2 teams winning it all. Pittsburgh in the AFC if I have to pick one but don't even like that outcome

I'm pretty much in the same grid square as you. I don't like the idea of any of the AFC teams in the SB:

Patriots: I don't want to see them in it with a chance to win their 5th or even just lay claim to a 9th Super Bowl appearance.

Chiefs: No brainer. I hope by tomorrow night their season is over.

Texans: I've really not even worried about this because by tonight they'll be out of the picture anyway but the idea of them reaching the SB but losing isn't so bad to me.

Steelers: I don't want them in because I don't want any team but the Broncos reaching that 9th Super Bowl appearance (for this reason I am rooting against the Cowboys too) but of the AFC teams remaining, the Steelers and Texans are the most tolerable for me and of the two of them the Steelers are the only team I think has a realistic chance.

With that said, there is a strong possibility we will see the Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl and in that even I'll root against the Pats, but hope the Chiefs get burned in a colossal blowout.

Still a long way to go before we have to worry about that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much in the same grid square as you. I don't like the idea of any of the AFC teams in the SB:

Patriots: I don't want to see them in it with a chance to win their 5th or even just lay claim to a 9th Super Bowl appearance.

Chiefs: No brainer. I hope by tomorrow night their season is over.

Texans: I've really not even worried about this because by tonight they'll be out of the picture anyway but the idea of them reaching the SB but losing isn't so bad to me.

Steelers: I don't want them in because I don't want any team but the Broncos reaching that 9th Super Bowl appearance (for this reason I am rooting against the Cowboys too) but of the AFC teams remaining, the Steelers and Texans are the most tolerable for me and of the two of them the Steelers are the only team I think has a realistic chance.

With that said, there is a strong possibility we will see the Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl and in that even I'll root against the Pats, but hope the Chiefs get burned in a colossal blowout.

Still a long way to go before we have to worry about that.

The only reason I'm not wanting to see the Texans in the Super Bowl is just the ridiculous outcry by some Bronco fans about how we should have signed Brock long-term. I've already seen some of it with people saying "well Brock still made the playoffs so we should have kept him." I am torn though in I do like the Texans. I like some of the players they have on the team and I enjoyed following them when Kubiak was the Head Coach. So I could probably get over the outcry on Brock because it would mean the Chiefs, Patriots, and Steelers didn't make it.

Right now though probably my top team I am cheering for is the Falcons. Good to see them win a Super Bowl. Also help eliminate some of the talk around Matt Ryan as I think he is a good guy in the league. Glad to see them looking good against the Seahawks. Also good to see Ben Garland make a play. If some of the talented players in this league had even half the heart that he has to go and play with everything he has they would be super stars.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I'm not wanting to see the Texans in the Super Bowl is just the ridiculous outcry by some Bronco fans about how we should have signed Brock long-term. I've already seen some of it with people saying "well Brock still made the playoffs so we should have kept him." I am torn though in I do like the Texans. I like some of the players they have on the team and I enjoyed following them when Kubiak was the Head Coach. So I could probably get over the outcry on Brock because it would mean the Chiefs, Patriots, and Steelers didn't make it.

Right now though probably my top team I am cheering for is the Falcons. Good to see them win a Super Bowl. Also help eliminate some of the talk around Matt Ryan as I think he is a good guy in the league. Glad to see them looking good against the Seahawks. Also good to see Ben Garland make a play. If some of the talented players in this league had even half the heart that he has to go and play with everything he has they would be super stars.

I was definitely rooting for the Texans against the Raiders and was even happy for Osweiler to do well. I consider him a vital piece of last year's Super Bowl run and will always appreciate what he contributed to the team. I didn't hold his decision against him, but definitely didn't appreciate some of his comments as he left town. With that said, I wouldn't consider it the worst thing in the world if the Texans won the Super Bowl. I don't think that'll happen. Hell, I don't even think they're going to be in this game tonight against the Patriots, but I maintain anything is possible in the NFL.

As for that narrative the Broncos should have kept him, I just don't buy it. Even with the Texans in the playoffs and the Broncos out, the Broncos were a better team this year than the Texans and a significantly better offense. And that's saying something.

For me it's the Falcons or Packers, though I'm leaning Falcons simply because they've not won a Super Bowl yet. Of the remaining teams the best Super Bowl in my estimation would be Texans vs Falcons because somebody will be winning their first and there's something exciting about that. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Packers go all the way just because they tend to be an easy team to root for, agreeable fans, etc.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and @cdumler7 you'd have loved reading MHR after the VJ hire. Of all things we had a Texans fan on commenting on how the move would be a total failure and he'll be fired in 2-3 years. A Texans fan talking trash to Broncos fans. Really. I get it man: Texans are in the playoffs and the Broncos are not. That's a product of the AFC South being a weak division though and not the Texans being the better team. I hope he keeps coming around this offseason. I'll have to register with MHR just to make him look silly!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely rooting for the Texans against the Raiders and was even happy for Osweiler to do well. I consider him a vital piece of last year's Super Bowl run and will always appreciate what he contributed to the team. I didn't hold his decision against him, but definitely didn't appreciate some of his comments as he left town. With that said, I wouldn't consider it the worst thing in the world if the Texans won the Super Bowl. I don't think that'll happen. Hell, I don't even think they're going to be in this game tonight against the Patriots, but I maintain anything is possible in the NFL.

As for that narrative the Broncos should have kept him, I just don't buy it. Even with the Texans in the playoffs and the Broncos out, the Broncos were a better team this year than the Texans and a significantly better offense. And that's saying something.

For me it's the Falcons or Packers, though I'm leaning Falcons simply because they've not won a Super Bowl yet. Of the remaining teams the best Super Bowl in my estimation would be Texans vs Falcons because somebody will be winning their first and there's something exciting about that. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Packers go all the way just because they tend to be an easy team to root for, agreeable fans, etc.

Yeah I don't hold it against Osweiler for leaving. I mean if I had the chance to go make possibly $72 million I'm not walking away from that opportunity. And yes I do appreciate what he did for us last year and he did help produce some of the most memorable games like beating New England in overtime.

It really does come down to a couple of things though...1) like you said how he left town. Didn't exactly do a great job of hiding his feelings about how he felt things went down in Denver. Then 2) nothing he can control but like I said the narrative that fans will have.

I mean just like you said the panic that hit Bronco fans after hiring Vance Joseph. I wrote an article trying to convince Bronco fans to have some patience and wait until we see the staff he assembles. We also are not privy to what is said in those meetings. Maybe Vance Joseph really did have that good of an interview. He is loved around the league by players and coaches. We are seeing now the staff he is assembling is ridiculous. Honestly this might be the most talented staff we have had in a long time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and @cdumler7 you'd have loved reading MHR after the VJ hire. Of all things we had a Texans fan on commenting on how the move would be a total failure and he'll be fired in 2-3 years. A Texans fan talking trash to Broncos fans. Really. I get it man: Texans are in the playoffs and the Broncos are not. That's a product of the AFC South being a weak division though and not the Texans being the better team. I hope he keeps coming around this offseason. I'll have to register with MHR just to make him look silly!

I don't doubt that MHR had people in a panic and probably still does. There are times I just have to stop reading stuff on that site because the fans are just nuts. So many of them show they know so little about football. @Dr Cyanide 28 and I were on there talking about how great of an addition OJ Howard would be and some fan commented about how he doesn't have huge receiving stats in college so that means he will be terrible in the NFL. Sounded like they had never even watched one of his games before and seen the run happy system that Alabama runs or that they have a true freshman QB that is not very accurate. That is one of many examples of fans again just not understanding what they are talking about.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't hold it against Osweiler for leaving. I mean if I had the chance to go make possibly $72 million I'm not walking away from that opportunity. And yes I do appreciate what he did for us last year and he did help produce some of the most memorable games like beating New England in overtime.

It really does come down to a couple of things though...1) like you said how he left town. Didn't exactly do a great job of hiding his feelings about how he felt things went down in Denver. Then 2) nothing he can control but like I said the narrative that fans will have.

I mean just like you said the panic that hit Bronco fans after hiring Vance Joseph. I wrote an article trying to convince Bronco fans to have some patience and wait until we see the staff he assembles. We also are not privy to what is said in those meetings. Maybe Vance Joseph really did have that good of an interview. He is loved around the league by players and coaches. We are seeing now the staff he is assembling is ridiculous. Honestly this might be the most talented staff we have had in a long time.

I agree with you on Joseph. Honestly I would have gone with Shanahan given how an offensively inept team going with a defensive HC seemed a bit curious. Still, I trust Elway and felt the potential to assemble an all star staff was there. And so far it appears that's what has happened.

Falcons are taking it to the Seahawks right now. 26-10.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that MHR had people in a panic and probably still does. There are times I just have to stop reading stuff on that site because the fans are just nuts. So many of them show they know so little about football. @Dr Cyanide 28 and I were on there talking about how great of an addition OJ Howard would be and some fan commented about how he doesn't have huge receiving stats in college so that means he will be terrible in the NFL. Sounded like they had never even watched one of his games before and seen the run happy system that Alabama runs or that they have a true freshman QB that is not very accurate. That is one of many examples of fans again just not understanding what they are talking about.

Not all the fans that comment there are bad, but collectively as far as Broncos fan forums go it's not our best work.