• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather?

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While no way practical or possible for that matter - In my fantasy world I like the idea of a 64 team Div 1/2 with relegation factors. Teams only play teams from their Division, a small bracket determines champions. Imagine the agony and shame of watching your school get relegated! Or the elation of promotion...

I expect the "get this soccer shit out of here" - Screw you it's my fantasy! :finger:
So, you expect HuskerOC to respond.:lol:

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of the 8 team format -
the five P5 champs and 3 at-large -
How is it everybody jumps for joy with WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! with the 8-team idea and I get called the biggest moron in the world with my 5-team idea? All I'm saying is take the 5 conference champions. Is it the odd number of teams that's confusing people and making you guys angry?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the FBS is this large - there will be no great solution.

What other sport tells half of it's league on day 1 that it is impossible for them to be the champion? There needs to be some way that every team can control their destiny.

What other sports lets anybody that wants in to join...What would happen if tomorrow I decided I wanted to start an NFL franchise in Pensacola Florida...Can the Chattanooga Lookouts say, hey, we're a pretty good AA baseball team, I think we should join MLB next season. People would say get out of here with your ridiculous bullshit.

Saying the Sun Belt champion deserves a seat at the table as a automatic qualifier for post season football is more ridiculous than either of the above scenarios.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this extra playoff teams talk is trying to punish teams for playing in good conferences. If such ignorance were to actually happen, Alabama would be best served by being part of the worst conference rather than the best.

The SEC would then be better off stopping revenue sharing between teams, because if Alabama shares it's revenue with Vandy or other SEC teams that don't bring in large football revenue, it would just be going against their best interests. Why in the world would the bigger teams want to make the smaller teams better?

Thus far the conference has been best served by helping the smaller teams with revenue, allowing them to build better facilities, offer their players more, etc. The SEC has been rewarded for these things with conference strength, tougher schedules, etc as those things still have some meaning.

This isn't the NFL.