• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Choose Jamison Or Odom

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar was sixth man of the year his last season with the Lakers. How is that subpar? Bang on Lamar all you like TLF, but the Lakers don't win titles without him. Lamar only played one more season with the Lakers following the titles. Get your facts straight.

As I said before - He played really good basketball those two years out of his entire career. Lamar is a fantastic player and I am convinced that he could play at that level all of the time, but has not.

That is my complaint about Lamar Odom - Good player when he applies himself, but has been lazy most of the time

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't banging on Lamar when I said I would take Antawn Jamison over Lamar. Lamar showed up nicely in the last two championships of the Lakers but then faded away in the last two years when the Lakers got swept. In any business what you did do is not relevent to what you are presently doing. That can be grounds for termination if your productivity is no longer acceptable. Lamar since then has done less in Dallas and for the Clippers, so yes I would take Antawn Jamison.

I am at this point hoping that the rumors of his drug abuse are not true

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar's been smoking crack, what was Jamison's excuse for sucking it up the majority of the year last year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar's been smoking crack, what was Jamison's excuse for sucking it up the majority of the year last year.

Considering that there is a drug testing program in place, I find it difficult that Lamar has been using that long and I am not disputing that Lamar in his prime was better then Jamison. All of you are still ignoring my observation though. Lamar had two stellar years out of the rest of his career in which he played to his true ability. I just don't believe he did that the remaining years and this point Lamar has not produced as good as Jamison in the last two years. I would love to get the Lamar from three years ago over the Jamison of today, but honestly I think Lamar is finished if he is on crack

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't banging on Lamar when I said I would take Antawn Jamison over Lamar. Lamar showed up nicely in the last two championships of the Lakers but then faded away in the last two years when the Lakers got swept. In any business what you did do is not relevent to what you are presently doing. That can be grounds for termination if your productivity is no longer acceptable. Lamar since then has done less in Dallas and for the Clippers, so yes I would take Antawn Jamison.

I am at this point hoping that the rumors of his drug abuse are not true

Lamar was great for all three Finals runs. Arguably the third most important player on the team. Lamar was only on the Lakers for one more season following the title runs. He was the sixth man of the year that last season. How are you figuring that he "faded away in the last two years when the Lakers got swept"?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar was great for all three Finals runs. Arguably the third most important player on the team. Lamar was only on the Lakers for one more season following the title runs. He was the sixth man of the year that last season. How are you figuring that he "faded away in the last two years when the Lakers got swept"?

Uh, the last year Phil Jackson was with the Lakers - Lamar did nothing, the Lakers got beat and the Mike Brown fiasco began. Brian Shaw was dismissed. How was that anything but fading away?

Lets count here

Jun-13 - Miami Heat, Dumb ass toni as coach
Jun-12 - Miami Heat, Mike Brown fiasco
Jun -11 - Dallas Mavericks, Phil Jackson as chief sitting bull
Jun - 10 - Lakers

So come back with numbers and tell me again what Lamar did in 2011 that was worthy of defending him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So come back with numbers and tell me again what Lamar did in 2011 that was
worthy of defending him.

14+ PPG and 8+ RPG. Sixth man of the year. That was his last season with the Lakers. That was also the last season Phil coached the team.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But lakersrule, Lamar is the sole reason we got swept by Dallas! Not Dirk having the year of his life.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that there is a drug testing program in place, I find it difficult that Lamar has been using that long and I am not disputing that Lamar in his prime was better then Jamison. All of you are still ignoring my observation though. Lamar had two stellar years out of the rest of his career in which he played to his true ability. I just don't believe he did that the remaining years and this point Lamar has not produced as good as Jamison in the last two years. I would love to get the Lamar from three years ago over the Jamison of today, but honestly I think Lamar is finished if he is on crack

What you are missing is that this is where you are wrong!! I think everyone agrees that Lamar has been an underachiever for the majority of his NBA career!!

However, there was a 4 year run with the Lakers in which it can be argued that he played up to or near his talent level. Those would be the 3 straight trips to the finals and the season after when he won 6th man of the year!!

As rule points out, without Lamar, the Lakers don't reach the finals those 3 years and don't win those titles. Also, they don't hand out 6th man of the year awards to players who have no impact!!

We all agree that Lamar has his demons. Why he was able to play to his level of talent for only those 4 seasons is anybodies guess!! Was he finally in a place where he felt like he fit? Was it Phil? Was it Dr. Buss? Did Kobe threaten to kick his ass? Was it all of the above? Who knows? But we did get 4 years of "good Lamar"!! Not just the 2 that you are claiming!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are missing is that this is where you are wrong!! I think everyone agrees that Lamar has been an underachiever for the majority of his NBA career!!

However, there was a 4 year run with the Lakers in which it can be argued that he played up to or near his talent level. Those would be the 3 straight trips to the finals and the season after when he won 6th man of the year!!

As rule points out, without Lamar, the Lakers don't reach the finals those 3 years and don't win those titles. Also, they don't hand out 6th man of the year awards to players who have no impact!!

We all agree that Lamar has his demons. Why he was able to play to his level of talent for only those 4 seasons is anybodies guess!! Was he finally in a place where he felt like he fit? Was it Phil? Was it Dr. Buss? Did Kobe threaten to kick his ass? Was it all of the above? Who knows? But we did get 4 years of "good Lamar"!! Not just the 2 that you are claiming!!

Like I said before - I don't argue that Lamar played great for two years, I think Lakers rule 3 years is questionable and I really disagree with your 4, but he did play great at times and then faded at other times in the regular season. As you pointed out he has always been an underachiever, but I'm not talking about what Lamar has done because that is history. I am talking about right now and given the choice right now I would choose Jamison over Lamar because for the last two years Lamar has went back to being an underachiever super big time and right now in this regular season I just don't see him getting his act together and being what you saw in 2010. It's just not going to happen. He is 3 years older, it sounds like he has some personal issues and needs some professional help. There is plenty of time before October though, so I just hope he gets the help he needs and moves forward

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently. Didn't help that Kobe's knees were shot.

Or that Pau was virtually non-existent!! Or am I the only one that remembers Phil punching him in the chest trying to get him going!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil gave him a good one too. That's when the softness of Pau started to show again. Hopefully this next year he'll be well rested and ready to take on the role of 1st option in the post.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be some good news coming out on Lamar - His wife denies that he is missing and his agents says Lamar is at an undisclosed location in a hotel in Los Angeles. ESPN claims that some friends are engaged in an intervention to get Lamar some help.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Lamar was the only reason Dallas swept the Lakers, and I think there was plenty of blame to go around, but Lamar was not the same person that helped us win championships either. I think Lamar could be a good addition, but you have to keep in mind that he won't be the same person he was in 2010 and he is still an underachiever

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be some good news coming out on Lamar - His wife denies that he is missing and his agents says Lamar is at an undisclosed location in a hotel in Los Angeles. ESPN claims that some friends are engaged in an intervention to get Lamar some help.

Here's hoping this ends well for him!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping this ends well for him!!

I don't hate the guy and I don't mean to be bagging on him, but it bothers me that he lacked the effort that he got paid for and we all agree that he failed to show up a lot of times because he just flat out didn't care. I do hope he gets his help and gets signed to a team.

What was funny was the Cardassian woman was cursing that people were talking Sh*** about her family. My response would be to expect it when you broadcast your personal like on national tv for the entire world to see. What the hell did she think was going to happen?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that game when the Lakers went to Dallas and Lamar gushed over Kobe's game winner. Lamar played pretty well in that game. Besides, I said I wouldn't take either of them right now, I don't understand what you're trying to say. We have been arguing about what Lamar did 3 years ago for a while now. Did you forget? He was one of the few players in the league to average pretty much a double double every game, and he did it off the bench. Not to mention he is a big who can handle the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that game when the Lakers went to Dallas and Lamar gushed over Kobe's game winner. Lamar played pretty well in that game. Besides, I said I wouldn't take either of them right now, I don't understand what you're trying to say. We have been arguing about what Lamar did 3 years ago for a while now. Did you forget?

What did he do in the other 3 games?

Just curious

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: