• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Choose Jamison Or Odom

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearantly the Clippers are waiting on Lamar Odom to make a choice and have told Antawn Jamison they are waiting on him. Bottom line the Clippers prefer Odom over Jamison. I am the opposite and would rather have Jamison who works hard can shoot, isn't need heavy minutes and isn't lazy or a slacker

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Odom who is 4 years younger, not thrilled about either though but if they just need a roster spot filled...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearantly the Clippers are waiting on Lamar Odom to make a choice and have told Antawn Jamison they are waiting on him. Bottom line the Clippers prefer Odom over Jamison. I am the opposite and would rather have Jamison who works hard can shoot, isn't need heavy minutes and isn't lazy or a slacker

More potential upside with Odom.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More issues as well.

That is a problem easy to solve though.

If he becomes as issue, you release him.
We are talking a veterans minimum contract here.

I'm strictly evaluating on a risk vs reward basis.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antawn Jamison is the bad luck Cooler.

He is the quickest way to turn a good team into an afterthought.

It makes no sense, but wherever he plays ends up as a bad team.

He is the anti-Horry.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of his short stay in Dallas, Odom never been a problem on any of the teams he's been on. He is a good teammate

The biggest issue that I had with Odom when he was a Laker was the inconsistency of his performance!! He has the talent to be among the best in the league, but simply has never shown the drive and mental toughness to get there.

Case in point is the way he handled things when he left the Lakers. Goes into Kupchak's office, throws a bitch fit, demads a trade and then when he's traded, goes into a funk and can't get himself motivated to play!!

Having said that, I'd still take him over Jamison because, as has been pointed out, he is 4 years younger than Jamison. He is also a walking mismatch. Too big to be defended by the guys with the speed and quickness to cover him and to quick for players with the size to cover him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue that I had with Odom when he was a Laker was the inconsistency of his performance!! He has the talent to be among the best in the league, but simply has never shown the drive and mental toughness to get there.

Case in point is the way he handled things when he left the Lakers. Goes into Kupchak's office, throws a bitch fit, demads a trade and then when he's traded, goes into a funk and can't get himself motivated to play!!

Having said that, I'd still take him over Jamison because, as has been pointed out, he is 4 years younger than Jamison. He is also a walking mismatch. Too big to be defended by the guys with the speed and quickness to cover him and to quick for players with the size to cover him.

The problem is you never know when he is going to show up or disappear

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo! that crybaby act at the end of his Lakers tenure didn't help "cement his legacy" in my mind, either...

Yeah, that said alot about him, imo!! Part of the reason I'd prefer him over Jamison is that at least with the Lakers, he "showed up" enough that I don't think the Lakers get those last 2 titles without him!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no reason to shit on Odom.

Lakers wouldn't have won in 09 or 10 without him

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odom, although I don't either makes a huge impact at this point.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hated the way Odom handled the nixed CP3 trade, but I agree with BKS. No need to shit on him. He was the third best player on those championship Lakers team. He may not have started but was on the court to finish games. NBATV showed all the Lakers 2010 playoff wins yesterday. Odom made many big plays down the stretch.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree that he hugely inconsistent the Lakers. Just because a player doesn't put up big stats during a game doesn't mean he wasn't trying hard. I thought he battled hard for the Lakers night in and night out. He just had an overblown reputation as being an inconsistent player.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not shitting on Odom to point out that for the last two seasons he has been lazy and inconsistent. That's the thing about business - what you did yesterday has no bearing on what you do today. Normal people get fired when they quit producing on the job no matter how good they were.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that he hugely inconsistent the Lakers. Just because a player doesn't put up big stats during a game doesn't mean he wasn't trying hard. I thought he battled hard for the Lakers night in and night out. He just had an overblown reputation as being an inconsistent player.

He was though - you just forgot - that's the reason Phil Jackson moved him to the bench from the starting line up. He showed up to training camp out of shape - didn't work out one time the entire season. Had two fantastic games in the WCF against the Suns and then when Stoudemire started boxing him out - he struggled and never hit his stride until the last game of the series. That was a classic example of how he shows up and then disappears. I have no doubt that he could be one of the best in the NBA WHEN HE WANTS TO

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was though - you just forgot - that's the reason Phil Jackson moved him to the bench from the starting line up. He showed up to training camp out of shape - didn't work out one time the entire season. Had two fantastic games in the WCF against the Suns and then when Stoudemire started boxing him out - he struggled and never hit his stride until the last game of the series. That was a classic example of how he shows up and then disappears. I have no doubt that he could be one of the best in the NBA WHEN HE WANTS TO

Struggling doesn't mean you weren't trying. LO battled hard for the Lakers, especially during the playoffs. He wasn't moved to the bench because of this misconception.