• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would we get a 1st rounder for Kaep?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the trade deadline is still open, would we get a 1st rounder for CK7 today?

And if, say, the Chiefs offered us their first round pick, would we go for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as he's been these first couple of games I would turn it down.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone was desperate enough then maybe. I mean Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn, Cleo Lemon, Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb are all millionaires today based of of 2-4 games so I guess someone would probably cough up a 1 for Kaep based on 1 or 2.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see. He went 36th overall, has been raised by Harbaugh for over a year, has been very impressive in his first two starts vs. difficult opponents and in difficult situations, has proven to be an NFL starting caliber QB and is only 25. So, I would say if the right situation opened up then yes, perhaps a mid-late 1st rounder.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see. He went 36th overall, has been raised by Harbaugh for over a year, has been very impressive in his first two starts vs. difficult opponents and in difficult situations, has proven to be an NFL starting caliber QB and is only 25. So, I would say if the right situation opened up then yes, perhaps a mid-late 1st rounder.

I agree. I think Kaep's market value right now is a 1st rounder, but where in the 1st round?

And as much as I'm unsure that Kaep's a franchise type, I don't know if I'd do it.

What if KC offers up their pick, which is projected to be #1 overall right now. Would you do it?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on recent history of back up QBs doing good and his draft position, i'd say yes there a chance we'd get a first. but I wouldn't do it. If kaep keeps it up and lives up to his potential we could have something special as he continues to grow.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Kaep's market value right now is a 1st rounder, but where in the 1st round?

And as much as I'm unsure that Kaep's a franchise type, I don't know if I'd do it.

What if KC offers up their pick, which is projected to be #1 overall right now. Would you do it?

Wow, talk about a question that just leaves you shaking your head and wondering, God, what would I do??

Okay, here is my answer. I would turn it down for one simple reason, at the end of the day the question is really asking, "Would I trade Kap for either Barkley or Smith?" (Thinking one-two here).

I like Smith but I'm not impressed with Barkley. I know what I have with Kap but I know only what I "hope" to have with either Barkley or Smith (or even someone else).

Thus I'm sticking with Kap - and I guess that is a sly way of getting me to say I think Kap is worth a #1 or #2 overall pick (at least to the 49ers). Well done - nicely played!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd turn it down, there is no Luck or RGIII in this next years draft from what I understand, and having your qb of the future is vital. Also we have some idea that Kaep can play in this league and a pretty good level, you never know what you will get with a qb draft pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment, we're talking about a #1 overrall pick for Kaep.... that's REALLY hard to pass IMHO.

But say Kaep leads them to 5 str8 wins... that's looking like a top 10 pick....

HARD to say no to that deal despite Kaep's rise as our potential Franchise QB....

It would be wasted if we were to draft a QB with the KC IMO....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the trade deadline is still open, would we get a 1st rounder for CK7 today?

And if, say, the Chiefs offered us their first round pick, would we go for it?

No. A rookie with 3 games experience won't get you a first rounder unless there is something else thrown in with him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. A rookie with 3 games experience won't get you a first rounder unless there is something else thrown in with him.

And yet a QB who has never thrown a pass at the NFL level is worth a 1st round - hell even the 1st overall pick. Hmm, strange logic we live by in this world.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like geno smith but kap might be better, so even for the 1st pick I wouldn't

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Would I trade Kap for either Barkley or Smith?" (Thinking one-two here).

If we did, that'd be the third Smith we had as a QB over 5 years and another Smith on this team (to go with Justin, Aldon, and Reggie - Alex will be gone most likely).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet a QB who has never thrown a pass at the NFL level is worth a 1st round - hell even the 1st overall pick. Hmm, strange logic we live by in this world.

by your logic no one would ever get drafted. If you have a first round pick and need a QB, are you going to take the guy who hasn't been overly impressive in just over two games or a college kid who you can control for an extra two years for about the same price?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before anyone jumps to any conclusions, I don't think CK is bad. I just don't think he gets first round consideration in these days of slotted salaries.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by your logic no one would ever get drafted. If you have a first round pick and need a QB, are you going to take the guy who hasn't been overly impressive in just over two games or a college kid who you can control for an extra two years for about the same price?

In 13 I would take kap over any qb. In 12 I would put kap behind luck and griffin. On draft day I wasn't happy but harbaugh had a good look at him and made a great choice.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, first off, it is not my logic.
Secondly, Kap has been very impressive in his first two starts - too bad you missed his performances.
Third, Kap would be a helluva lot cheaper and a lot less risk than either Barkley or Smith.
Fourth, I'm certain Kap would surrender to the same control as either Barkley or Smith or any other QB that KC will take.
Fifth, Kap has demonstrated he is a starting caliber NFL QB, has any QB currently playing college ball done the same? (Again, I understand how things work - but the point remains the same.)

Thus your point is?