• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worth the franchise price

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Saints and Jimmy not come to terms and they franchise him.. ( i really do not kno whow the tag works) cant another team come in and say i want that player.. pay the price and get him ?? Would Big Jim be worth what ever the franchise price the saints put on him.. Gronk and Graham as a TE tandem would put it back to where it was with AH.. if not better.. but would it be worth a first round pick and what ever money they put?

curious.. i could also have the franchise tag all wrong as well...

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have a franchise TE the cap hit would be to great and we would lack quality and depth at other positions because of it.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes sense.. as i stated i wasnt sure how the whole franchise tag worked.. cap ramifications and all that.. though i bet we could work on the cap numbers and move money around (as every team does) to make it work.. but i did hear grahams agent mention the patriots but that might have been talking abou tthey type of system we employ

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Franchise Tag price for a TE right now would be somewhere around $6.7 million. With a franchise tag it is not like a restricted FA. The player is actually under contract at that point. Now a team can trade for him once he is tagged and with Graham my guess is they would want a lot to even consider a trade.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes sense.. as i stated i wasnt sure how the whole franchise tag worked.. cap ramifications and all that.. though i bet we could work on the cap numbers and move money around (as every team does) to make it work.. but i did hear grahams agent mention the patriots but that might have been talking abou tthey type of system we employ

I just think his asking price will be through the roof, we may be better off targeting a talented rookie which you can get on the cheap.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Franchise Tag price for a TE right now would be somewhere around $6.7 million. With a franchise tag it is not like a restricted FA. The player is actually under contract at that point. Now a team can trade for him once he is tagged and with Graham my guess is they would want a lot to even consider a trade.

makes sense.. sad .. i use to have all this down.. but ive been heavily distracted.. thanks for the post.. but you should really consider chaning your team logos to include the pats.. lol.. we could use some peeps to shake up the riff raff around here

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think his asking price will be through the roof, we may be better off targeting a talented rookie which you can get on the cheap.

probably so mojo.. thought it would be interesting to bring up even if it were not possible

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably so mojo.. thought it would be interesting to bring up even if it were not possible

Ohh hell it would be fun to watch especially if they pick up another big WR in the draft. If that happened I would still target a big WR like Benjemmin or Coleman.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the cap situation as it is.. for any team.. i dont know if there are any playes out there worth picking up with the tag price.. which i guess is why the tag is there to protect the team from losing one of its best players..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes sense.. sad .. i use to have all this down.. but ive been heavily distracted.. thanks for the post.. but you should really consider chaning your team logos to include the pats.. lol.. we could use some peeps to shake up the riff raff around here

Haha while I respect the heck out of the Patriots and their organization definitely can't bring myself to cheer for them. Like most fans of other teams we are counting down the days till Tom Brady and BB retire.

Now as for picking up Graham it would definitely be a challenge to pay for both of the top 2 TE's in football but man that offense would be scary just with those two. Not many teams could contain both of those guys. This would be the time before teams figure out how to adjust to stopping the TE position or at least grooming players in college to become TE stoppers to have such a tandem. It really wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots were the team to pull the trigger on something like this as they do seem to be the trend setters in the NFL. Only thing I can see holding them back from something like this other than the Cap Hit side of it is the fact that they just tried this with Hernandez and Gronk and well at least for this season that kind of blew up in their face. They got a little unlucky with that.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Saints use their exclusive rights franchise tag he can't go anywhere or negotiate with any other teams. If he's under the non-exclusive franchise tag, other teams can sign him to an offer sheet and the Saints can opt to either meet it or let him go and the Saints will get two 1st rounders in compensation.

The only way the Pats get him IMO is if the Saints tag him and trade him for something reasonable. LOOOOONG shot.