• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By what criteria are you measuring the QBs, Sickness? Worst QB performance, or worst all around QB (meaning their single game Super Bowl performance isn't as important)?

I'd say the worst single game performance in a Super Bowl HAS to go to Craig Morton, with an honorable mention going to Tony Eason (doesn't win because he only threw 6 passes). I truly cannot see the Dilfers or O'Donnells of the world getting the nod over QBs who were REPLACED during the Super Bowl.

As for the worst career QB to play in a Super Bowl, I'd pick Trent Dilfer in a narrow "victory" over Rex Grossman because they were the only two career mediocre/horrible QBs I was old enough to have watched over their careers, whereas I've only really seen Eason & Morton through ESPN classic or youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By what criteria are you measuring the QBs, Sickness? Worst QB performance, or worst all around QB (meaning their single game Super Bowl performance isn't as important)?

I was asking which all around QB.

And it's hard for me to understand Grossman over Dilfer. Grossman pretty much gift-wrapped the SB trophy for Peyton, and Dilfer at least has one good season on his resume. Grossman wasn't even good enough to keep a starting job over the rest of the sucktastic Bears' QBs after one lousy season.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it's hard for me to understand Grossman over Dilfer. Grossman pretty much gift-wrapped the SB trophy for Peyton, and Dilfer at least has one good season on his resume. Grossman wasn't even good enough to keep a starting job over the rest of the sucktastic Bears' QBs after one lousy season.

You mean Manning earned it after beating the best defense and special teams in the league. The Colts was one of the only team in that decade to beat the defense wins championship saying.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilfer did not stay a starter for his career either, and you already said we aren't talking about individual Super Bowl performances.

*wipes hands* Done & done.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not the worst but Joe Namath was a pretty shitty QB who won a SB. His career stats are comical for a HOFer.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerry Collins had a pretty shitty game 15/39 for 112 yards 0 TDs and 4 Picks including a pick 6

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First five are the worst five I can think of...

Joe Kapp
David Woodley
Rex Grossman
Tony Eason
Vince Ferragamo
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Jim McMahon

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Vince Ferragamo....I actually waited in line for one of my very first autographs for that guy...sadly I still have it.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
David Woodley. Without question. Dolphins lose the 1982 Super Bowl. He's so bad they draft Dan Marino. Another good candidate is Gale Gilbert. He played at the end of the San Diego loss to us. He has the distinction of being the only man in NFL history to play for five consecutive losers in the Super Bowl.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First five are the worst five I can think of...

Joe Kapp
David Woodley
Rex Grossman
Tony Eason
Vince Ferragamo
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Jim McMahon

Doug Williams???? The man was the fucking MVP.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure there was some shit backup behind a good QB who took over in the 4th quarter when it was a blow out. Gerbac comes to mind in 94 and i am sure there are even worse out there.