• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worst mock drafts thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see this draft happening. My biggest fear. However, there is usually a "what were they thinking" pick somewhere up there. And, I could see a couple of those players moved between teams, specifically the Detroit pick, I would think they would go with a CB, like swapping picks with the Rams, not moving down but Rams taking a safety and Detroit a CB.

I'm truly worried about the Giants taking Donald.

C

cubzzzfanincali

really? Here are my responses to this mock draft.

1: Probably, but not certain.
2: Absolutely no fucking way. St Louis has just recently invested a ton of high picks on WRs, including #8 last year. They have much bigger needs at other spots on the field with elite pick level at key positions. St Louis takes Watkins second the day I turn into a gay man.
3: Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. If anyone is believing the "we are fine with Chad Henne as our QB" noise coming out of Jacksonville, I'd advise you to sober up. And if they draft anything but QB, it sure own't be a linebacker.
4: Quite possibly. Hooray for the author nailing something.
5: I'd say it's extremely doubtful Oakland picks a LT. Aside from the fact that the entire Oakland fanbase will throw a hissy fit if they don't draft a skill position player (like...say QB...unless they are actually serious about going forward with Schaub in a QB-rich draft), their O line is probably the best part of that team.
6: This is probably the most likely pick in this entire mock draft.
7: Is the author on drugs? Tampa is one position away from a Super Bowl contending team, and it isn't playing on the other side of Vincent Jackson. They already have three potential #2 WRs on the roster. If McC was clearly brought over to mentor a new young QB. That's his job, not to take them to the next level. If Tampa doesn't draft a QB, I will turn gay twice.
8: While Minny taking a QB I'd expect, I'll be surprised if it Bridgewater over Bortles. Of course, that the author even has both of them available at 8 is dubious in the extreme, so it's kind of academic.
9: Maybe, but I doubt it. Buffalo has way more pressing needs, and they already have Scott Chandler, who is an unremarkable but serviceable TE.
10: Detroit picking a safety over their other more obvious pressing needs....like.....umm....cornerback? I'd not even justify this with a response, except that Detroit's 2012 draft was so awful they have it in them to make another huge mistake.
11: Bortles won't be there at 11. This is an example of why mock drafts are so abstract.
12: I wouldn't rule it out. They could take Donald.
13: Um, what? Why on earth would St Louis take Dennard over Gilbert? On a team with a roster full of short corners, do they really need another?
14: If Gilbert is available and we draft Pryor, me turning gay won't matter because I will then suffer a heart attack.
15: Obviously, if Gilbert is there at 15, Pittsburgh takes him. But he won't be there.
16: If that's who Dallas has to choose from, then sure. I can see that as their pick. Of course everyone knows that Dallas is always fidgety and trades up or down in the first round all the time, so I doubt this is even a scenario.

That's the top half, maybe I'll do the bottom half later.
10:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? Here are my responses to this mock draft.

1: Probably, but not certain.
2: Absolutely no fucking way. St Louis has just recently invested a ton of high picks on WRs, including #8 last year. They have much bigger needs at other spots on the field with elite pick level at key positions. St Louis takes Watkins second the day I turn into a gay man.
3: Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. If anyone is believing the "we are fine with Chad Henne as our QB" noise coming out of Jacksonville, I'd advise you to sober up. And if they draft anything but QB, it sure own't be a linebacker.
4: Quite possibly. Hooray for the author nailing something.
5: I'd say it's extremely doubtful Oakland picks a LT. Aside from the fact that the entire Oakland fanbase will throw a hissy fit if they don't draft a skill position player (like...say QB...unless they are actually serious about going forward with Schaub in a QB-rich draft), their O line is probably the best part of that team.
6: This is probably the most likely pick in this entire mock draft.
7: Is the author on drugs? Tampa is one position away from a Super Bowl contending team, and it isn't playing on the other side of Vincent Jackson. They already have three potential #2 WRs on the roster. If McC was clearly brought over to mentor a new young QB. That's his job, not to take them to the next level. If Tampa doesn't draft a QB, I will turn gay twice.
8: While Minny taking a QB I'd expect, I'll be surprised if it Bridgewater over Bortles. Of course, that the author even has both of them available at 8 is dubious in the extreme, so it's kind of academic.
9: Maybe, but I doubt it. Buffalo has way more pressing needs, and they already have Scott Chandler, who is an unremarkable but serviceable TE.
10: Detroit picking a safety over their other more obvious pressing needs....like.....umm....cornerback? I'd not even justify this with a response, except that Detroit's 2012 draft was so awful they have it in them to make another huge mistake.
11: Bortles won't be there at 11. This is an example of why mock drafts are so abstract.
12: I wouldn't rule it out. They could take Donald.
13: Um, what? Why on earth would St Louis take Dennard over Gilbert? On a team with a roster full of short corners, do they really need another?
14: If Gilbert is available and we draft Pryor, me turning gay won't matter because I will then suffer a heart attack.
15: Obviously, if Gilbert is there at 15, Pittsburgh takes him. But he won't be there.
16: If that's who Dallas has to choose from, then sure. I can see that as their pick. Of course everyone knows that Dallas is always fidgety and trades up or down in the first round all the time, so I doubt this is even a scenario.

That's the top half, maybe I'll do the bottom half later.
10:

lol, there are a lot of gay men hoping things turn out differently.