• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An early mock draft out of Windy City Gridiron

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misunderstand. The point is... that there is still a difference in scouting grades. 7th round picks are graded higher and are regarded as more valuable than someone undrafted. Why is it better to pick high in a round than later?... etc...
Ok, fair enough. But it still doesn't change the fact that at this point we only have four picks, so why use one of them, especially in the 7th round, on a QB is is almost undoubtedly going to be on the PS for 1-2 years. The minute the draft is over, there are bound to be a sizable number of QBs, a number of whom will have been previously graded to fit in the later rounds in the draft, yet somehow didn't get picked for whatever reasons. That's when Pace can go after one of them. I'm guessing if he chooses a QB in one of the earlier rounds, then he must have had his eye on the kid for some time, hence the BPA selection.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. But it still doesn't change the fact that at this point we only have four picks, so why use one of them, especially in the 7th round, on a QB is is almost undoubtedly going to be on the PS for 1-2 years. The minute the draft is over, there are bound to be a sizable number of QBs, a number of whom will have been previously graded to fit in the later rounds in the draft, yet somehow didn't get picked for whatever reasons. That's when Pace can go after one of them. I'm guessing if he chooses a QB in one of the earlier rounds, then he must have had his eye on the kid for some time, hence the BPA selection.

I would suppose the reason would be that Pace/Nagy like the QB a lot as a developmental project and believe the risk of losing him to another team in the 7th or during the UDFA process is a real threat. I agree that you don't just take one to take one... but if you have your eye on a kid who makes you go "Man, a year or two of tutelage and he could really fit what we're trying to do"??? Yeah, go for it.