• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Houston Astros

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twelve pitchers on the Dodgers’ World Series roster made over $87MM in 2017. That’s more than four MLB teams’ full opening day rosters.

But yeah, if they can’t win, just go out and get two more game-changing pitchers. . .
Your argument would hold water if the Dodgers had won a few world series in the last 29 years. Yes they went out five years ago and spent $$$$, but they over-paid until they could get their farm system going. The hitters that got the Dodgers to this world series - all young players in fact both teams have the youngest rosters ever in the sport

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had seven guys with an OPS+ north of 120 (minimum 100 games). Correa, Springer, Gurriel, Altuve, Reddick, Gonzalez and Bregman. 6 of those guys were worth at least 4 WAR (or 3.5 if you use Fangraphs). Not to mention they had two solid hitting catchers (Gattis and McCann) and a good 4th OF (Marisnick).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument would hold water if the Dodgers had won a few world series in the last 29 years. Yes they went out five years ago and spent $$$$, but they over-paid until they could get their farm system going. The hitters that got the Dodgers to this world series - all young players in fact both teams have the youngest rosters ever in the sport

It was just the hitters that got the Dodgers to the WS. They’ve dragged this haggard pitching staff kicking and screaming through the postseason. Got it.

Let’s talk about something more your speed.

Do you prefer the taste of the short bus windows on Monday, when they’re freshly cleaned, or on Friday, after they’ve developed a glazed cocktail of dried snot, foreign saliva and cheese doodle dust?

Last edited:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just the hitters that got the Dodgers to the WS. They’ve dragged this haggard pitching staff kicking and screaming through the postseason. Got it.

Let’s talk about something more your speed.

Do you prefer the taste of the short bus windows on Monday, when they’re freshly cleaned, or on Friday, after they’ve developed a glazed cocktail of dried snot, foreign saliva and cheese doodle dust?
Y Stinky u on uh roll:heh:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Roberts took Rich Hill out way to soon and that really cost him that game. If the Dodgers lose to the Astros in this series - then they will need to invest more money in one or two more pitchers - I felt from the beginning they were vulnerable in the pitching department. They got some really good hitters who young enough to be around quite a few more years and will only get better.

I agree he pulled him too soon, but I think that about 90 percent of the time in baseball these days. I always criticized Hinch for having too quick a trigger and come to find out he lets his pitchers work deeper into games than most people. Go figure...

P.S. I don't think you are going to get much sympathy from the rest of the MLB about how flawed the best pitching staff in baseball is. Come on man. :pound:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debatable.

Top to bottom I think it is. I guess it depends on which Yu Darvish we are getting. I would have said Cleveland prior to that trade, I'm not so sure now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top to bottom I think it is. I guess it depends on which Yu Darvish we are getting. I would have said Cleveland prior to that trade, I'm not so sure now.

Reasonable point, and I'm thankful that you didn't respond with some stupid ass "where are the Indians' pitchers now" comment.

Darvish does add a lot to that staff.

Cleveland's ERA+ was 138, compared to the Dodgers' 124, but that's with only 9 starts from Darvish. Hard to tell if another twenty or so starts from Darvish would make up the difference.

Either way, I think it's debatable and I commend you for making a reasonable point.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load up the V Dollars on astros tonight. Take the over also.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable point, and I'm thankful that you didn't respond with some stupid ass "where are the Indians' pitchers now" comment.

Darvish does add a lot to that staff.

Cleveland's ERA+ was 138, compared to the Dodgers' 124, but that's with only 9 starts from Darvish. Hard to tell if another twenty or so starts from Darvish would make up the difference.

Either way, I think it's debatable and I commend you for making a reasonable point.

Oh it's debatable for sure. From a talent standpoint I think Cleveland is the answer, they just had some guys who didn't have the year I expected in the starting rotation. They came around in the 2nd half of the season when you guys were unbeatable. The damn Yankees pitching staff and bats just got red hot at the right time. I felt very grateful to get by those guys.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's debatable for sure. From a talent standpoint I think Cleveland is the answer, they just had some guys who didn't have the year I expected in the starting rotation. They came around in the 2nd half of the season when you guys were unbeatable. The damn Yankees pitching staff and bats just got red hot at the right time. I felt very grateful to get by those guys.

Word. Heading into the playoffs, I felt that the Indians, Astros and Yankees were all very evenly matched. The three best teams for sure, and I think there was a pretty big drop off from those three to the next level of teams.

Dodgers are good as hell too. I know I've said it on tHoop, but not sure on this thread, but I do believe (considering the regular season and the postseason thus far) that the two best teams from either league are participating in the World Series, which I think is not often the case. It's a good deal.

Good luck and enjoy the series.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load up the V Dollars on astros tonight. Take the over also.

I've got all my money on Rutgers beating the spread against Capt Khaki and Michigan. Taking the under.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he pulled him too soon, but I think that about 90 percent of the time in baseball these days. I always criticized Hinch for having too quick a trigger and come to find out he lets his pitchers work deeper into games than most people. Go figure...

P.S. I don't think you are going to get much sympathy from the rest of the MLB about how flawed the best pitching staff in baseball is. Come on man. :pound:
Ironically I haven't thought to much of the DODGERS pitching staff but I don't expect sympathy in here:lol:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Padres and Phils have youngest rosters, 26.2 and 26.8. I'm so fkn knowledgeable.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston strong. Hope for another good game