• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup 2022 Qatar

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina having an easier time vs the Netherlands than they did vs Australia.

Nevermind... Netherlands just scored... this got interesting.

Last edited:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Another overtime.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point but it applies to Morocco vs Spain more. Croatia weren't massive underdogs, they were the runner-ups last WC, and they play a very disciplined tactical scheme. Yes, it's a defensive scheme which can be boring, trying to do damage in counters.
Behind France one could argue Croatia is the most consistent team in last 10 years

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One semifinal set with Argentina vs Croatia

Croatia really controlled 1st half, but then tired in 2nd half and Brazil had better chances. Middlefield of Modric, Brozovic and Kovocic is extremely good. They are going to present a lot of problems for Argentina.

Once again Argentina defense breaks down with lead... could not handle the height of Netherlands in last 20 minutes of regulation. Thought Argentina would become unsettled in extra time, but they got composed and had the better chances in extra time. Argentina was fired up for the penalties due to van Gaal's comments leading up to the game.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morocco keeps advancing with a really ugly brand of futbol. I love soccer, it is one of my favorite sports, but I hate that kind of team, and tragically, there's a long history of teams like that being succesful.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow , coach of Portugal got some esplainin to do…

Bench renaldo, comes into game 2nd half and becomes immediate threat..

Renaldo leaves field without his mates, crying?

Wtf

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France advances, England's Kame missed a penalty kick late in the game.

Good game. England had the speed to cover and limit MBappe's. We will see if Morocco's "bus parking" tactics keep working for them, but I see France in the final.

Croatia vs Argentina will be tough. Croatia are very disciplined, so maybe we'll get a repeat final.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow , coach of Portugal got some esplainin to do…

Bench renaldo, comes into game 2nd half and becomes immediate threat..

Renaldo leaves field without his mates, crying?

Wtf

Portugal plays much better without Ronaldo, and his replacement scored 3 goals on the previous game. At this point of his career, entering during the second half is the best to use him.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portugal plays much better without Ronaldo, and his replacement scored 3 goals on the previous game. At this point of his career, entering during the second half is the best to use him.
I’ll take your word for it but wow!

I know he’s 37 and on his way out.

He’s had issues of late which may have led to his benching?

Signing a 200 mill contract to play in Saudi Arabia?

He’s still a threat ?

Just is weird that ok the other guy scored 3, so was that other guy in for the 2nd half?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an incredible World Cup so far. Some really amazing, tense matches

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Morocco gets scored on, the flood gates will open and they will get toasted. I bet MBappe scores on them in the first half and then Morocco will have to open up and France will make them pay. I think we will see a rematch of the last World Cup. Argentina’s weakness is in the midfield. Croatia is built to beat them. Without the big hitters (Pogba and Kante) in France’s Midfield, I think Croatia could win it this time around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina’s weakness is in the midfield. Croatia is built to beat them. Without the big hitters (Pogba and Kante) in France’s Midfield, I think Croatia could win it this time around.

Coming into the World Cup Argentina midfield was probably considered the weakness due to inexperience. But Mac Allister and Fernandez have played well. DePaul is the heart of the Argentine team. Honestly I have loved how Mac Allister has played in this World Cup.

So presently maybe not quite the weakness it was thought of before the start of the World Cup, but Croatia definitely has the better and more experienced midfield, so maybe the inexperience of Argentina will show more in this game. There is some concern of the fitness of DePaul as well.

I think Argentina´s defense has underperformed in the Cup conceding goals after getting up in games. I typically like Romero, but he gave up 2 goals vs Saudi Arabia and then looked lost vs Dutch at times (hand ball 1 example). If Pezzella subs on again... start chalking up many opportunities for Croatia, he was a complete disaster coming off the bench vs Dutch... absolutely lost on the pitch and gave up the late penalty that lead to the tie.

Also 2 defenders are both out for this game due to yellow card accumulation, Acuña and Montiel. Acuña loss could be significant... a bit slow so would not like him in matchup vs Brazil... but controls the ball well and attacks well from left and I think he would have been ideal vs Croatia. Tagliafico most likely starts... I like him as well, but nothing behind him on bench.

This game could very well go to penalties... Croatia has still only won 1 game in regulation... 2 ties in group stage (Belgium, Morocco both 0-0) and went to penalties in both knockout games (Japan, Brazil both 1-1). Only win was 4-1 vs Canada.

My prediction... Argentina scores first, Croatia will equalize and game will end 1-1 and go to penalties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina Netherlands is the match of the tournament so far. It was really tense.

Tense during the penalties and just after the match as well...

Dutch players tried to get in the head of Martinez before his kick to win it... Dumpfries had done the same to Martinez prior to his miss, so more got in on the action for Martinez. Then can see the little scuffle after Martinez slotted home the winner.

Video explains Argentine reaction in this picture.

1670771427782.png

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tense during the penalties and just after the match as well...

Dutch players tried to get in the head of Martinez before his kick to win it... Dumpfries had done the same to Martinez prior to his miss, so more got in on the action for Martinez. Then can see the little scuffle after Martinez slotted home the winner.

Video explains Argentine reaction in this picture.

View attachment 316318

Yeah that was a tense game overall, and Argies are under a ton of pressure. Against Croatia they will need to be very calm and surgical.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this sent to me... looking good for Morocco to win the World Cup in 2022 :D

Chelsea jersey # is proving pretty lucky who will win the World Cup that year.
- Mata / Spain 2010
- Schurlle / Germany 2014
- Giroud / France 2018

1670895979023.png