• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Workman loses no-no, Sox end first half in 1st nearly start to finish

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I really have to back up anything?

I mean, JD made it sound like every gang was the Sinola Cartel or something...

You can only get jumped/sexed/sentenced out...You're always loyal/obedient to a gang no matter what your current circumstances are...Etc.

All that is a bunch of bullshit...There are plenty of fake gangsters out there...Plenty of fake gangs...Some of those fake gangsters make grave fucking mistakes trying to be someone who they aren't...Some gangs would be happy to see Hernandez make it and let him be, some wouldn't have the means/guts to punish him...

We don't know what type of gang Hernandez was in...Could have been a bunch of dudes from the burbs trying to act hard, could have been some real fucking gangsters...Just because somebody got murdered doesn't prove either assumption...

Yeah. If anybody said that...which they didn't, you'd have a point.

All that was said is that you just don't "leave"...meaning even if you do "leave" you don't just "leave" the mentality that made you join the gang in the first place.

You said "some gangs are cliques"....which is like comparing a faction of the bloods to Oprah's book club, or Rock's "the only difference between a gang and a frat is a coffee table"

"Hernandez was in the T-Birds"

Right?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacey Underall

first bare bit in a movie

Lacey Chabert ... mmmmmm

LaceyChabert.jpg

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I really have to back up anything?

I mean, JD made it sound like every gang was the Sinola Cartel or something...

You can only get jumped/sexed/sentenced out...You're always loyal/obedient to a gang no matter what your current circumstances are...Etc.

All that is a bunch of bullshit...There are plenty of fake gangsters out there...Plenty of fake gangs...Some of those fake gangsters make grave fucking mistakes trying to be someone who they aren't...Some gangs would be happy to see Hernandez make it and let him be, some wouldn't have the means/guts to punish him...

We don't know what type of gang Hernandez was in...Could have been a bunch of dudes from the burbs trying to act hard, could have been some real fucking gangsters...Just because somebody got murdered doesn't prove either assumption...

Don't bother. He views everything in black or white. Every gang member, whether it is a juggalo or a crip is just as likely to commit murder. Their situation or circumstances has nothing to do with how likely they are to be homicidal (which apparently is very likely).

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roulette has 36 numbers, your odds are a lot better than you think. The money you bet is irrelevant to the odds, whether you bet 1 dollar or a billion dollars. The house advantage is right around 6-7% in that situation putting in on 23.

Actually roulette has 38 numbers.

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If anybody said that...which they didn't, you'd have a point.

All that was said is that you just don't "leave"...meaning even if you do "leave" you don't just "leave" the mentality that made you join the gang in the first place.

You said "some gangs are cliques"....which is like comparing a faction of the bloods to Oprah's book club, or Rock's "the only difference between a gang and a frat is a coffee table"

"Hernandez was in the T-Birds"

Right?

But you did say something like that..Something like "At AH's age, you don't just get out of a gang"...

Some gangs are more like cliques than cartels...They're a group of people that party together...probably look out for one another when they go out, you know, don't let their boy get jumped...

They're called thugs and gangsters..But they aren't involved in any criminal enterprise..Just protecting their neighborhood/themselves from the real trouble...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roulette has 36 numbers, your odds are a lot better than you think. The money you bet is irrelevant to the odds, whether you bet 1 dollar or a billion dollars. The house advantage is right around 6-7% in that situation putting in on 23.

The odds of winning a single number in roulette are 35-1....

"not a surprise when you win"

House advantage isn't the same thing as "odds"....we weren't discussing "house advantages" in relation to Hernandez...the argument being countered was essentially there was a chance that Hernandez could turn violent...therefore it should've come as no surprise...despite the improbability of it happening..and in your words, the fact he was apparently leading a "double life"....

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you did say something like that..Something like "At AH's age, you don't just get out of a gang"...

Some gangs are more like cliques than cartels...They're a group of people that party together...probably look out for one another when they go out, you know, don't let their boy get jumped...

They're called thugs and gangsters..But they aren't involved in any criminal enterprise..Just protecting their neighborhood/themselves from the real trouble...

College paper or GTFO.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think any of us in here are really qualified to speak of the gang mentality. There are varying levels from the ones you see on gangland to small town cliques or whatever you want to call them. l

I will say though if the NFL or some scouts were worried about "gang affiliation" I don't think it was a small town clique but that is just me.

A lot of these NBA and NFL players didn't come from much so a lot do have questionable backgrounds. Doesn't make it right, but I believe they are at a higher risk of "criminal activity." Not specifically murder but still less shocking when one of these guys gets in trouble.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made any statements on Ox's comments on gang culture one way or another.

Correct...you've openly accepted him supporting your stance, while not vetting his qualifications on the subject. Essentially, you've just assumed he knows what he's talking about because he's a messican...

Which, according to you, makes you a racist.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this thing back on yet?

wtf?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think any of us in here are really qualified to speak of the gang mentality. There are varying levels from the ones you see on gangland to small town cliques or whatever you want to call them. l

I will say though if the NFL or some scouts were worried about "gang affiliation" I don't think it was a small town clique but that is just me.

A lot of these NBA and NFL players didn't come from much so a lot do have questionable backgrounds. Doesn't make it right, but I believe they are at a higher risk of "criminal activity." Not specifically murder but still less shocking when one of these guys gets in trouble.

The biggest joke about this whole argument is the ability to be surprised or "duped" is to some extent subjective. What surprises one person may not surprise anyone else. Maybe Bob Kraft didn't do a college paper on gangs and maybe he did think of them a la West Side story (he's certainly old enough).

Wild that this argument has been going on a week. . . .

"New England sports . . . because everyone cares"

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacey Chabert >>> kate upton

Kate is certainly smarter than Lacey. Lacey was in season 1 of Family Guy and then quit for some odd reason and Mila took over the role.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news - too funny:

bfJ574E.jpg

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo, 15th on Jaws QB countdown...Wow...

What are his rankings based on?