• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAWYER WIGGYRUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mick- gotta say- Brad Stevens is the best young coach to come into the NBA in a LONG LONG time.

If you guys get lucky and turn that Nets pick into something good you could be onto something big in Boston before too long.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say this is hilarious from the Miami Herald- Ethan Skolnick:

Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

LOL...still worried about the Cavs huh?

For reeling Heat fans, especially the most active on social media, there was a welcome distraction this week: the seeming chaos in Cleveland.
The Cavaliers’ coaching change was a source of great glee to the crew calling itself #TeamPetty, not because of animus toward David Blatt, but because of the distinction it drew between the team for which LeBron James now plays, and the one that employed him from the summer of 2010 through 2014.
he Heat, and its fans, would love to have Cleveland’s troubles.
For all of the hyperventilation about the Cavaliers’ dysfunction, Tyronn Lue’s crew entered Sunday’s play a full eight games, and seven seeds, ahead of the Heat in the Eastern Conference. And although Miami has been ravaged by injuries of late, its five starters have still missed fewer games combined (20) than the 26 that Kyrie Irving has missed for Cleveland.
Maybe the Cavaliers’ house is disheveled but, as far as this season goes, the Heat’s is closer to condemned. With Monday’s rough road date in Chicago looming, the Heat is now 23-21, which gives Miami a 60-66 record since James left

Read more here: Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

Read more here: Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

Really? A Cavs fan making fun of another team???

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

to me you sound pretty butt hurt that your Heat sucked last year without LEBron. Suck this year without LeBron- and will suck next year without LeBron- and that Pat Riley is going to be 71 in March and lost his fastball awhile ago.

never fear though- right when Riley retires 2-3 years from now - thats when you are gonna owe a couple really lightly protected #1 picks to Phoenix...right when all your players get old and go in the tank.

Riley is gonna jump ship at the PERFECT time. You watch. Rats always know when the ship is sinking.

Eh, I'm over the Heat not being that great last season and this season. Not every team can be the Spurs. It's more satisfying to me that we got to milk Lebron for the best years in his career that netted us two additional titles. The butt hurt that you're referencing is more my disdain for you and the Cavs. I've never liked the Cavs, and Gilbert's little high school girl rant after Lebron left re-enforced my belief.

Riley's done a lot for the franchise. Part of the Heat's struggles is due to not having any perimeter shooting coupled with our team's unfortunate inability to stay healthy. It happens. Riley will retire when he's good and ready. But he's been responsible for 3 titles as well as some other deep playoff runs.

But where's your Riley at? Because last I checked "The Land" is still void of any titles.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick- gotta say- Brad Stevens is the best young coach to come into the NBA in a LONG LONG time.

If you guys get lucky and turn that Nets pick into something good you could be onto something big in Boston before too long.
I agree........Celtics have a huge upside...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you know I had been ?

LOL

Went for the 4th year in a row last June and am going back in July...

Not bad for a vending machine filler !!!!!!!!!!
I guess i just assumed!!! Prob a good idea to go in the summer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of every team in the league, they have the least to work with. It's just that simple. You can thank Gilbert and Lebron for that.

they have LeBron, Love and Kyrie---- what exactly needs to be blown up here?

Not only that- but they have a bevvy of very solid players signed up already- in TT, Shumpert, Delly, Mo, Jefferson, club option JR, plus the Bird Rights....

what earth shattering moves does this team need to make that they couldnt make outside of the multiple moves that are well within their grasp that I described above?

Essentially, the Cavs are in the same cap position the Lakers were in pretty much from about 1996 when they got Kobe and Shaq through about 2012 or so. They have a title contending core that is eating up the cap space and are left with only enough to make tweaks to the role players on the roster.

That's pretty much how it works when you put together a contending roster. It'll bite them in the ass as Lebron gets older, just like it did the Lakers when Kobe got older. The only question will be whether or not the Cavs have any titles to show for it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For reeling Heat fans, especially the most active on social media, there was a welcome distraction this week: the seeming chaos in Cleveland.
The Cavaliers’ coaching change was a source of great glee to the crew calling itself #TeamPetty, not because of animus toward David Blatt, but because of the distinction it drew between the team for which LeBron James now plays, and the one that employed him from the summer of 2010 through 2014.
For all of the hyperventilation about the Cavaliers’ dysfunction, Tyronn Lue’s crew entered Sunday’s play a full eight games, and seven seeds, ahead of the Heat in the Eastern Conference. And although Miami has been ravaged by injuries of late, its five starters have still missed fewer games combined (20) than the 26 that Kyrie Irving has missed for Cleveland.
Maybe the Cavaliers’ house is disheveled but, as far as this season goes, the Heat’s is closer to condemned. With Monday’s rough road date in Chicago looming, the Heat is now 23-21, which gives Miami a 60-66 record since James left

What's the Cavs record the 4 years that Lebron was gone?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what earth shattering moves does this team need to make that they couldnt make outside of the multiple moves that are well within their grasp that I described above?

One that could help them beat GSW or the Spurs? :noidea:

:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially, the Cavs are in the same cap position the Lakers were in pretty much from about 1996 when they got Kobe and Shaq through about 2012 or so. They have a title contending core that is eating up the cap space and are left with only enough to make tweaks to the role players on the roster.

That's pretty much how it works when you put together a contending roster. It'll bite them in the ass as Lebron gets older, just like it did the Lakers when Kobe got older. The only question will be whether or not the Cavs have any titles to show for it.
well like i siad- we have the exceptions- which all teams have

but Griffin has done a good job building some additional flexibility into the roster with the HAywood exception, and the fact that Varejao has a big time non-guaranteed contract that was similar to Haywoods...its probably not coincedence that he has lined the Cavs up to have one asset like that at the end of each year to keep their options open....

but- for the most part- you are right that getting the team together and clearing the cap space for LeBron- burned through the vast majority of the assets that they had acquired over a 4 year span.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Cavs record the 4 years that Lebron was gone?
The Cavs didnt try and compete like the Heat. They tried to get good young players that would eventually attract elite talent- like LeBron.

You ever hear of Kyrie Irving? Riley would trade the whole Heat roster for him without a 2nd thought.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like another disgruntled Cavs fan trying to divert attention away from that chaotic mess in Cleveland over to Miami. So what does Miami have to do with that train wreck currently IN PROGRESS in Cleveland?
If that were relevant why not talk about the other bad teams in the league. I mean, why stop at Miami?

This is pretty pitiful from the outside looking in so I couldn't imagine what it looks like if you're actually a part of that inner circle. :2cents:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't if they wanted to. Gilbert gave everyone who raised their hands $100m contracts last year :crazy:

Now that's some bullshit right there. I very clearly had my hand raised and that fucker didn't give me one damn dime.