• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, they won 2 championships with the glorified video coordinator.

Because of lebron, look at him now terrible...and it's not like they were trying to tank, and they still have decent players

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of lebron, look at him now terrible...and it's not like they were trying to tank, and they still have decent players

And because of Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and Ray Allen (just to name a few). Lebron didn't win those by himself anymore than any other superstar.

They are terrible right now because they have been decimated by injuries. Let's not pretend they are at full strength and playing terrible.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man lol. Bogut is playing well still. He's outplayed most bigs in the league th last 3 years. It takes skill to defend and smarts to defend. If it were true that defense doesn't take skill I could defend people in the nba just because I'm athletic
"Skill" and "special talent" aren't the same things. People can develop "skills" if they work hard and practice. On the other hand people don't just develop "special talents" in most cases.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's won a ring WITHOUT LBJ. But, LBJ has YET to win without Riley. Come back here with that argument if that ever happens.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And because of Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and Ray Allen (just to name a few). Lebron didn't win those by himself anymore than any other superstar.

They are terrible right now because they have been decimated by injuries. Let's not pretend they are at full strength and playing terrible.

So you don't think Pat should have fired spo if lebron wanted it.

They would be competing for a championship right now...pat should remember how he got his 1st job

And yeah the other players helped but lebron led in every statistical category on the heat

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's won a ring WITHOUT LBJ. But, LBJ has YET to win without Riley. Come back here with that argument if that ever happens.

Jordan never won a ring without phill, whats your point...What is your standard on this?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Battier, and Miller, and the system Spoesltra created to play to James' strengths.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Skill" and "special talent" aren't the same things. People can develop "skills" if they work hard and practice. On the other hand people don't just develop "special talents" in most cases.

Klay was not a defender coming into the league but he has gotten so much better at defending since he's been in the league cause he really worked on it. Still think defense takes no skill?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan never won a ring without phill, whats your point...What is your standard on this?
No standard, just helping you understandthat LBJ hasn't won anything without help from Riley and a SUPER team with at least 2 other stars.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay was not a defender coming into the league but he has gotten so much better at defending since he's been in the league cause he really worked on it. Still think defense takes no skill?
I agree, he's gotten much much better on that end of the court. And I didn't say defense required no skill. I said it didn't require "special talent" and went on to further say any guy in the league could be good/great on defense if they put in the effort. But thank you for reiterating my point. :nod:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would be competing for a championship right now...pat should remember how he got his 1st job

And yeah the other players helped but lebron led in every statistical category on the heat

Who would the Heat have placed as head coach?

You don't let players dictate how to run your franchise. I don't see the Warriors saying who should be the coach. Or the Spurs. The Lakers never did it either. However, Cleveland bows down to any of Lebron's wishes. Want to know what those teams have that Cleveland doesn't?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Pop to the list of coaches taking shots at Cleveland

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you think Blatt should still be the coach after all the stuff that has come out?

It just depends.
Were the mistakes were hearing about his fault or the result of the lack of structure in the Cavs FO?

Comparing Spoelstra who had the support of Riley vs Blatt.

Heat was much improved in year 2 of Big 3.
Cavs arguably look worse even though they have a better record.

Ive heard that Blatt wouldn't call out James in film sessions for clear mistakes he made, but jumped on the rest of the roster. That stuff won't fly and that is how you would lose the locker room.

James was never coached before he came to Miami, and hasn't been since he left.
His deal with Gilbert just allows him to get away with anything.

It just seems destined for failure IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard that Blatt wouldn't call out James in film sessions for clear mistakes he made, but jumped on the rest of the roster. That stuff won't fly and that is how you would lose the locker room.

Yeah, I've heard similar. I has happy to hear Lue say "First thing I told LeBron is that I've got to be able to hold him accountable in front of team just like everyone else". I realize that's just cheap talk, but Lue is in a better position to feel comfortable doing that I think... given his long history with LeBron. And it sounds like Lue has already established a relationship of calling the players out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard similar. I has happy to hear Lue say "First thing I told LeBron is that I've got to be able to hold him accountable in front of team just like everyone else". I realize that's just cheap talk, but Lue is in a better position to feel comfortable doing that I think... given his long history with LeBron. And it sounds like Lue has already established a relationship of calling the players out.

Sounds good, but as long as James has annual opt outs, he holds all the cards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the simple fact is- if the Cavs knew LeBron was coming back - Blatt would never have been hired.

Like Trojan said- if you had a young team and Blatt had a few years to grow and learn the game he would have been a very interesting out of the box hire.

When the situation changed from coming out of a rebuild- to win now - Blatt was in over his head. He relied on Lue. The players relied on Lue and it was just not going to work long term.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spo being the coach had nothing to do with Lebron leaving. He coached Lebron all 4 years that he was in Miami and they made the finals every year and won twice. To my knowledge, he never complained about Spo. He started complaining about Blatt almost before Blatt held his first practice. I think at least part of the reason he didn't complain about Spo was because he knew he couldn't. Riley would have told him that his job is to play his best basketball for any coach the Heat hire.

He left Miami because D-Wade and Bosh were getting older and their bodies (especially Wades) were starting to break down. He went to Cleveland and orchestrated the Love trade to set up a big 3 like he had in Miami with younger guys so he could try and get another ring or 2.

Lebron is leading the Cavs in just about every statistical category as well. He's the current best player in the league, that's how it works. If you put Lebron on just about any team in the league, except maybe GSW and San Antonio, he's going to be the best player on the team and ensure that team at least a solid playoff seed.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Pop to the list of coaches taking shots at Cleveland

I was just thinking about how Pop dgaf about the regular season and the Cavs apparently base how good their team is on it. Just highlights the difference between an organization with a history of winning and an organization that is desperate.