• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously you failed to read the article.

All LeBron was saying was that this is not his idea- this is the coach's idea. This is not him controlling the team- this is what the coach wants to do and were going to do it.

I mean did you seriously read what you just posted?

READ:

Cleveland ranks first in the NBA in points per play in transition, according to ESPN Stats & Information, but only averages 13.1 transition plays per game, which is 17th in the league
Going hand in hand with that stat is the fact that James is shooting 71 percent in field goal attempts taken in transition this season, which also ranks first among players with at least 100 transition plays.

WOW---- maybe because the Cavs are #1 in transition points per play- the coach wants to try and get more of those plays!!!! lol...and WOW- LEBron is the best transition player in basketball on a per possession basis!! maybe its a good idea to get him more transition looks!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- in consecutive series in the playoffs last year Blatt:

1. Called a timeout in the waning seconds of the game when he had no timeouts that could have cost the Cavs the game- we would be watching it decades from now like Webber's timeout call if not for A. the refs not seeing and B. Ty Lue bear-hugging Blatt lol.

2. He tried to put Tristan Thompson back in the last 2 minutes of a 30 point game against the Hawks- when Kevin Love was already out for the postseason- and LeBron got up and told Tristan to sit down and he did. Why on earth Blatt would put Thompson into a 30 point game with 2 minutes left with that kind of front court depth is mind boggling.

I mean- as far as i am concerned- if they would have fired him for those 2 things after the Finals, how could you really argue?
Yet none of these were concerns last season or during the playoffs last year. Interesting...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Lue has basically been the HC shouldn't he have to shoulder the blame as well as Blatt? Why fire one and hire the other?

Because 1 guy actually had the respect of the team (Lue) & the other (Blatt) didn't?:noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All LeBron was saying was that this is not his idea- this is the coach's idea. This is not him controlling the team- this is what the coach wants to do and were going to do it.

READ:

Cleveland ranks first in the NBA in points per play in transition, according to ESPN Stats & Information, but only averages 13.1 transition plays per game, which is 17th in the league
Going hand in hand with that stat is the fact that James is shooting 71 percent in field goal attempts taken in transition this season, which also ranks first among players with at least 100 transition plays.

WOW---- maybe because the Cavs are #1 in transition points per play- the coach wants to try and get more of those plays!!!! lol...and WOW- LEBron is the best transition player in basketball on a per possession basis!! maybe its a good idea to get him more transition looks!

What I read is Lue wants to do something lebron doesn't want to do.

Expect lue to get fired by the end of next month!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose the term "not giving a fuck". I can post a personal preference, this is a forum after all. And what subject is this that we're talking about that you're referencing. Don't become a butt hurt Betty because your team is on the verge of meeting another gang r*pe in the Finals by the hands of the Spurs/Cavs. I'm sure the "Land" will get a title at some point that's not a participation trophy.....in 2080.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 1 guy actually had the respect of the team (Lue) & the other (Blatt) didn't?:noidea:
And that makes sense even though Lue is part of the "coaching staff". :nono:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose the term "not giving a fuck". I can post a personal preference, this is a forum after all. And what subject is this that we're talking about that you're referencing. Don't become a butt hurt Betty because your team is on the verge of meeting another gang r*pe in the Finals by the hands of the Spurs/Warriors. I'm sure the "Land" will get a title at some point that's not a participation trophy.....in 2080.
i dunno

to me you sound pretty butt hurt that your Heat sucked last year without LEBron. Suck this year without LeBron- and will suck next year without LeBron- and that Pat Riley is going to be 71 in March and lost his fastball awhile ago.

never fear though- right when Riley retires 2-3 years from now - thats when you are gonna owe a couple really lightly protected #1 picks to Phoenix...right when all your players get old and go in the tank.

Riley is gonna jump ship at the PERFECT time. You watch. Rats always know when the ship is sinking.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? "against" the guy who right after expressing his point admitted he has purposefully not informed himself about the subject he is commenting on because he is (also admittedly) too lazy to do so?

You comment on the Heat all the time and readily admit that you didn't watch any part of the game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

READ:

Well it's great that LBJ is great at all those things and unfortunate for him that his TEAM also has to be good/great at them(and as of right now they're not there) as well in order for that style of play to work in their favor.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

to me you sound pretty butt hurt that your Heat sucked last year without LEBron. Suck this year without LeBron- and will suck next year without LeBron- and that Pat Riley is going to be 71 in March and lost his fastball awhile ago.
No, he sounds like a fan who has ACCEPTED that his team isn't the next best thing to sliced bread. Something you should learn regarding those Cavs. I mean goodness, is it gonna take another 43 point obliterating to help you with that?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand how the answer is "indifference"?

We shall see if it was the right move at the end of the year. We know they can lose in the championship with Blatt.....Lue has to win it- and the moves that he at least has said he is going ot make- are pure common sense moves that should make a difference that everyone has been calling for forever

1. Give Love the ball on the elbow- play him more with the 2nd unit. I mean- this is not drafting the arms treaty with Iran here.

2. Play up tempo- I mean you have Kyrie and LeBron. The Cavs the last 2 seasons- while top 5 in efficiency offensively - have been terrible in possessions per game. This makes no sense- and in particular it makes no sense in that GSW plays up tempo and the Cavs looked GASSED playing uptempo against Chicago and they ADMITTED they were not in shape to play an up tempo scheme. lol. Thats a joke. Playing more up tempo and the resulting getting in better game shape should have a real impact.

3. Where Blatt had a very hard time connecting with players- that is Ty Lue's speciality. He knows the NBA, he knows how to use timeouts!!! YES THATS IMPORTANT!, lol. He understands the importance of having a rotation and developing a bench. Not saying guys like Mike Miller or Shawn Marion or whoever at the back of the Cavs bench would have made a difference- but Blatt sure did them no favors by not playing them for months and then trying to play them in the Finals. You cant do that. Yo ucant play 8 guys in the regular season and expect them to stay healthy and thats what Blatt did last year. Ty Lue saying- we are playing 10 guys in a rotation- you can expect to usually get X minutes a night- and explaining it to guys- is just pure and simply competence. Its nothing special- but its more than Blatt could mange.

THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT SAYING YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A TEN MAN ROTATION, AND STICKING TO IT AND COMMUNICATING TO PLAYERS THEIR ROLES. Blatt did not do this in a year and a half. Lue over Blatt will make a difference.

Here's your problem with making this argument.
Up until now you said you would bet on the Cavs if healthy vs the WC winner.
Why didn't you say you wouldn't bet if Blatt was the coach if you knew he was so flawed?

Like I've stated, I have no dog in the fight because I've said since day 1 that James coaches the team for the most part, and for sure the parts that he feels are most important.

Lue has been there every game, every practice to connect to whoever needed the connecting.

Most important, the Cavs never lost a series to a team that they should have beat.

Hell, they gave the Warriors a tough 6 game series in spite of everything.
They eventually simply lost to a better, deeper team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's your problem with making this argument.
Up until now you said you would bet on the Cavs if healthy vs the WC winner.
Why didn't you say you wouldn't bet if Blatt was the coach if you knew he was so flawed?

Like I've stated, I have no dog in the fight because I've said since day 1 that James coaches the team for the most part, and for sure the parts that he feels are most important.

Lue has been there every game, every practice to connect to whoever needed the connecting.

Most important, the Cavs never lost a series to a team that they should have beat.

Hell, they gave the Warriors a tough 6 game series in spite of everything.
They eventually simply lost to a better, deeper team.
check the morning Blatt was fired...ask Trojan....I said that very thing

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

READ:

Weren't you just bragging about how the Cavs got GS to play THEIR style of basketball in that horrendous loss? Offense that runs equivalent to the pace of a turtle? Now all of a sudden you agree that up-tempo fast pace is what they should be doing?
LOL you're just all over the place.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No 1 regular season game - no matter the margin of victory - will ever prove that one team can't beat another in a 7 game series, imo.

1 regular season game? No.

But you can look at the rosters and see that the Cavs aren't really built to beat GSW and probably not the Spurs either. They are also something like 1-5 against the 4 teams that are considered their biggest threats. Of course, none of that matters if they win in the playoffs. But it does suggest that they have some work to do to get to the point where they can beat those teams in the playoffs.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTICS IN SEVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You comment on the Heat all the time and readily admit that you didn't watch any part of the game.
I do have to say this is hilarious from the Miami Herald- Ethan Skolnick:

Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

LOL...still worried about the Cavs huh?

For reeling Heat fans, especially the most active on social media, there was a welcome distraction this week: the seeming chaos in Cleveland.
The Cavaliers’ coaching change was a source of great glee to the crew calling itself #TeamPetty, not because of animus toward David Blatt, but because of the distinction it drew between the team for which LeBron James now plays, and the one that employed him from the summer of 2010 through 2014.
he Heat, and its fans, would love to have Cleveland’s troubles.

For all of the hyperventilation about the Cavaliers’ dysfunction, Tyronn Lue’s crew entered Sunday’s play a full eight games, and seven seeds, ahead of the Heat in the Eastern Conference. And although Miami has been ravaged by injuries of late, its five starters have still missed fewer games combined (20) than the 26 that Kyrie Irving has missed for Cleveland.
Maybe the Cavaliers’ house is disheveled but, as far as this season goes, the Heat’s is closer to condemned. With Monday’s rough road date in Chicago looming, the Heat is now 23-21, which gives Miami a 60-66 record since James left

Read more here: Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

Read more here: Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say this is hilarious from the Miami Herald- Ethan Skolnick:

Ethan J. Skolnick: Don’t worry about Cavs, Miami Heat has own issues to fix

LOL...still worried about the Cavs huh?

For reeling Heat fans, especially the most active on social media, there was a welcome distraction this week: the seeming chaos in Cleveland.
The Cavaliers’ coaching change was a source of great glee to the crew calling itself #TeamPetty, not because of animus toward David Blatt, but because of the distinction it drew between the team for which LeBron James now plays, and the one that employed him from the summer of 2010 through 2014.
he Heat, and its fans, would love to have Cleveland’s troubles.
For all of the hyperventilation about the Cavaliers’ dysfunction, Tyronn Lue’s crew entered Sunday’s play a full eight games, and seven seeds, ahead of the Heat in the Eastern Conference. And although Miami has been ravaged by injuries of late, its five starters have still missed fewer games combined (20) than the 26 that Kyrie Irving has missed for Cleveland.
Maybe the Cavaliers’ house is disheveled but, as far as this season goes, the Heat’s is closer to condemned. With Monday’s rough road date in Chicago looming, the Heat is now 23-21, which gives Miami a 60-66 record since James left

LAWYER WIGGYRUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!