• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue may be the only winless coach on All Star game history.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because to me, it was plain to see that the team just wasn't rallying behind him and playing for him. The chemistry wasn't there. I know everyone has their own opinions about this, and everyone will see what they see, but I do believe if you followed the team, you would see what I saw.

Chemistry is only an issue when you're not getting results on the court. Shaq and Kobe hated each other but were still dominating the game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue's post game was interesting. Left me feeling like this is either going to work very well or go very badly.

Lakers fans... not a lot sticks out in my mind about lue when I think back to those Lakers teams he was on... what was his reputation? Was he thought of as a future coach back then?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans... not a lot sticks out in my mind about lue when I think back to those Lakers teams he was on... what was his reputation? Was he thought of as a future coach back then?

Hell no! And if he would I probably wouldn't have expected him to coach any better than high school.

But the same can be said about Luke Walton and Kurt Rambis IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue's post game was interesting. Left me feeling like this is either going to work very well or go very badly.

Not really. The only thing I remember hearing from back them is that Phil may have encouraged him to look into coaching when he was done playing. To be fair though, he was pretty young when he was with the Lakers. They had him from '98-'01, so he was only about 20 when they got him and 22 when he left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the Cavs better hope that Lue is the answer or that if he isn't, they get a new coach before Lebron hits Kobe level decline. With the way they have handled the Blatt situation and the level of control that they have ceded to one player, I'd expect it will be very difficult to find a quality HC when coaching Lebron no longer means a virtual guarantee of a deep playoff run.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the Cavs better hope that Lue is the answer or that if he isn't, they get a new coach before Lebron hits Kobe level decline. With the way they have handled the Blatt situation and the level of control that they have ceded to one player, I'd expect it will be very difficult to find a quality HC when coaching Lebron no longer means a virtual guarantee of a deep playoff run.

Easy fix.
James becomes player/coach.
Plays for veteran minimum.
Gets paid 35M/year to coach.

Then, maybe he can buy enough players to win a title without Riley figuring it out for him.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole firing of blatt is fishy, i personally thought he should have at least got till the end of the season. Yeah he lost to the spurs(not by much) and GS, but he had beaten the #3,4,5,6,7,8 teams in the west some multiple times and had only lost 2 games at home all season...They fired him after beating the clippers too....and he was about to represent the east in the all star game as the coach and was named coach of the month...that is just a dirty way to do someone lol

IMO lebron has made some good and very bad decisions leading back to trading wiggins, and now having the coach fired. The mid season trade last year was great, so i will give them that i guess

I don't like how they did blatt, but if it leads to a championship then i am okay with it....Interestingly, cuban came out saying it was a good move referencing when he fired avery a coach with the best record that had went to the finals the year before, i don't know if i buy it

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fix.
James becomes player/coach.
Plays for veteran minimum.
Gets paid 35M/year to coach.

Then, maybe he can buy enough players to win a title without Riley figuring it out for him.

Oh that's just silly. We all know that LeBron will return to the Heat next year.:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole firing of blatt is fishy, i personally thought he should have at least got till the end of the season. Yeah he lost to the spurs(not by much) and GS, but he had beaten the #3,4,5,6,7,8 teams in the west some multiple times and had only lost 2 games at home all season...They fired him after beating the clippers too....and he was about to represent the east in the all star game as the coach and was named coach of the month...that is just a dirty way to do someone lol

IMO lebron has made some good and very bad decisions leading back to trading wiggins, and now having the coach fired. The mid season trade last year was great, so i will give them that i guess

I don't like how they did blatt, but if it leads to a championship then i am okay with it....Interestingly, cuban came out saying it was a good move referencing when he fired avery a coach with the best record that had went to the finals the year before, i don't know if i buy it

Yeah, end of the day, if the Cavs win a title, many of the people currently calling out the Cavs, will be saying that it was the right move.

The Cavs are in a tough spot, imo. They have ceded an awful lot of power to Lebron and his "group." That does not bode well for them post Lebron.

On the other hand, ceding that kind of power to Lebron has left them with the best chance they've had to win a title in franchise history.

In a way, the Cavs have sold their souls to the devil and are hoping that what they get from it now, will justify the price they will have to pay later.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know whats worse the trade they made(love for Wiggins), resigning love or Blatt getting fired. 3 bad moves in a row.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, @ChiefsLakers67 told me that the Lakers were next on his list? Said he was really looking forward to it too. :lol:

Shit I forgot about that, sorry Miami fans your hopes have been crushed! Hopefully once LeBron gets to L.A. & puts that Lakers uni on for the 1st time he'll either be wearing # 8 or 24.:peace:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, end of the day, if the Cavs win a title, many of the people currently calling out the Cavs, will be saying that it was the right move.

The Cavs are in a tough spot, imo. They have ceded an awful lot of power to Lebron and his "group." That does not bode well for them post Lebron.

On the other hand, ceding that kind of power to Lebron has left them with the best chance they've had to win a title in franchise history.

In a way, the Cavs have sold their souls to the devil and are hoping that what they get from it now, will justify the price they will have to pay later.

Agreed

Also, if lebron wasn't such an idiot, you would think his moves he wants would be to help him win. I think the major problem for lebron is he never went to college. Even his Miami move wasn't as smart as he thought it would be. He should prob just leave the gm job to the gm.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know whats worse the trade they made(love for Wiggins), resigning love or Blatt getting fired. 3 bad moves in a row.

I'd say re-signing him was the worst move. When they initially made the trade, I think most agreed that it was a great move. Love was going to open the middle for Lebron and Kyrie. However, despite it becoming pretty obvious that having Love wasn't going to work on any kind of consistent basis, they re-signed him anyway.

That re-signing almost felt like it was more about refusing to acknowledge that the trade shouldn't have been made than it was about keeping him. Which makes me think that @Jakology might be onto something re: the Cavs trying to move him at the all-star break.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

Also, if lebron wasn't such an idiot, you would think his moves he wants would be to help him win. I think the major problem for lebron is he never went to college. Even his Miami move wasn't as smart as he thought it would be. He should prob just leave the gm job to the gm.

Wait LeBron didn't get a quality education @ St. Vincent's St. Mary's? Well that right there explains why the diplomas from that school are printed on the back of Denny's restaurant menus.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree. That's why players and coaches should not be GM's. It rarely works. That's not to say that all of the moves Lebron has wanted have been bad, but when the coach or a player is acting as GM, they tend to be hardheaded and won't admit to the mistake and make changes as quickly as a good GM will. They get emotionally involved where a good GM doesn't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, @ChiefsLakers67 told me that the Lakers were next on his list? Said he was really looking forward to it too. :lol:

Riley would only take him back if he had a team annual opt out clause, cause when he starts going downhill it will prob be a steep slope.