• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he gets all his info from the agents- and the agents HATE Klutch Sports and LeBron because they broke up the old boys club. Can you imagine the audacity of players hiring friends to represent them and keeping all the money instead of giving away literally hundreds of millions to agents he doesnt need? But whatever...

The people that rarely comment or dont pay attention to the Cavs really have no clue how its been with Blatt for the last year and a half.

I mean it just cracks me up- half the people on here have been ripping Blatt- and make fun of him for how LeBron didnt respect him. I am sorry- Blatt was in his first year in the NBa- he had to EARN the respect of the FOUR TIME MVP and he never did- he was often combative and tone deaf as we saw all the time. I mean THINK of just how he tried to call a timeout against the Bulls that probably wouldve cost the Cavs the series! That is a fireable offense right there really. Again - these were all things that people who criticized Blatt- are now criticizing the Cavs for making the change. Its hypocrisy and hate at its best motivated mostly by the fact that when you are on top and have LeBron- a LOT of scrutiny goes with it.

You use the term "on top", but I don't think you know what that term means. I'll give you a hint - Golden St. can use that term.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player in Miami's history was James? :bullshit:

That would be Wade.....he won a title without James......James can't say the same.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the movies and lunch at Red Robin.

Ride Along 2 is the shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is cheap so I don't want to make too much of it... but I'm loving everything Lue has to say today.

SteveMajor42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just make "King James" the King of Basketball in Cleveland. Make him the star, the coach, and the GM. At this point I'm not sure why anyone would want to coach him, you just look at him wrong and you're in the unemployment line.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans.
Why are the Cavs firing a coach, when according to James' own words weren't a championship level team last year?
Remember his letter?

He acts like losing was the fault of many things, but won't acknowledge that the Warriors are just a better team.

Is James that much or at all better then Curry?

Are James. Love, Kyrie better than Curry, Greene, Klay?

Is the Cavs bench better then the Warriors bench?

Has James improved his game since he left Miami?

The Warriors big 3 has improved in leaps and bounds.

Bottom line.
James is a bitch who wants credit for the good, but won't be accountable or responsible for the bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More shots fired at the Cleveland front office from another HC

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Cavs firing a coach, when according to James' own words weren't a championship level team last year?

They weren't. Did you watch the Finals? LeBron had to play hero ball the entire game to have any chance at winning. What kind of coach would allow that? That was some of the worst basketball I've ever witnessed. LeBron understood that, and decided that he had to take matters into his own hands.

He acts like losing was the fault of many things, but won't acknowledge that the Warriors are just a better team.

Pretty sure everyone acknowledges the Warriors are a better team. You're reaching for something that's not there.

Is James that much or at all better then Curry?

Curry is the best player in the world currently. LeBron is moving towards the outside of his prime. This isn't surprising.

Are James. Love, Kyrie better than Curry, Greene, Klay?

No. Not even close.

Is the Cavs bench better then the Warriors bench?

No. The Warriors' bench could put together a starting 5 that could compete and possibly win 35 or so games. One of the greatest benches ever.

Has James improved his game since he left Miami?

Again. LeBron is moving out of his prime. You can't expect him to become a better athlete. He alters his game based on who he is working with, and will do whatever it takes to win. He may be smarter now, but he's not better overall. The miles are catching up to him.

The Warriors big 3 has improved in leaps and bounds.

They are one of the youngest teams in the league. If they hadn't been improving, that would be alarming. This is not surprising at all.

Bottom line.
James is a bitch who wants credit for the good, but won't be accountable or responsible for the bad.

Disagree. He has always been accountable and takes the blame for everything even when it's not his fault. He has said since the firing that they weren't coming together as a team, and just not playing as well as they should. That's clearly taking responsibility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are the Cavs "on top" of? Last I checked, Golden State won the title.
Yes- something else OBVIOUSLY was going on- the players- didnt like or respect him- least of all LeBron James.

Word circulated to cleveland.com that Blatt had trouble drawing up plays out of timeouts. He would freeze up and waste precious seconds, one player said. He would even draw up plays for players who weren't in the game, another player said.
In the closeout game of the Eastern Conference Finals, a game the Cavaliers trounced the Atlanta Hawks by 30 to sweep the series; Blatt had signaled forTristan Thompson to reenter in the closing minutes with the game already wrapped up. This was when Thompson was the team's most valuable big man with Kevin Love out of commission with a dislocated shoulder.

The Cavs didnt think they could win the title against the Spurs or Golden State with this guy as their head coach. Ill trust Griffin-- at this time last year the Cavs had just made "desperation" trades that turned out to be brilliant. We shall see.

I have a very good feeling that before all is said and done- ESPECIALLY after losing to Lue's press conference- that hte people criticizing KEvin Love are going to be eating a big ole shitburger.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't. Did you watch the Finals? LeBron had to play hero ball the entire game to have any chance at winning. What kind of coach would allow that? That was some of the worst basketball I've ever witnessed. LeBron understood that, and decided that he had to take matters into his own hands.

Did you watch them? Kyrie and Love were both out. Lebron playing hero ball was the only chance the Cavs had.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure everyone acknowledges the Warriors are a better team. You're reaching for something that's not there.

Curry is the best player in the world currently. LeBron is moving towards the outside of his prime. This isn't surprising.

No. Not even close.

No. The Warriors' bench could put together a starting 5 that could compete and possibly win 35 or so games. One of the greatest benches ever.

Again. LeBron is moving out of his prime. You can't expect him to become a better athlete. He alters his game based on who he is working with, and will do whatever it takes to win. He may be smarter now, but he's not better overall. The miles are catching up to him.

They are one of the youngest teams in the league. If they hadn't been improving, that would be alarming. This is not surprising at all.

Disagree. He has always been accountable and takes the blame for everything even when it's not his fault. He has said since the firing that they weren't coming together as a team, and just not playing as well as they should. That's clearly taking responsibility.

If James was the one who constructed a roster that isn't good enough, but then blames coaching for the shortcomings, he's not taking any blame or responsibility.