• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch them? Kyrie and Love were both out. Lebron playing hero ball was the only chance the Cavs had.

That's part of my point. There are ways you as a coach can set up plays to help your star out. It just wasn't happening. I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't really like Blatt as a coach.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James was the one who constructed a roster that isn't good enough, but then blames coaching for the shortcomings, he's not taking any blame or responsibility.

LeBron was likely part of the construction, but I don't think he made every single decision. And can you link me to something where LeBron blames coaching? You're reaching again for something that's just not there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was likely part of the construction, but I don't think he made every single decision. And can you link me to something where LeBron blames coaching? You're reaching again for something that's just not there.

Ok.
What roster decesion was he not a part of?
The main one being Love, of course, which has been a giant mistake so far.

And if he's not blaming coaching, then why was Blatt fired?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of my point. There are ways you as a coach can set up plays to help your star out. It just wasn't happening. I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't really like Blatt as a coach.

He did. That's how they won the 2 games they won. The reserves played over their heads for the first 4 games of the series. However, when you have to rely on reserves for as long as the Cavs did, they start showing why they are reserves.

When the reserves came back down to earth, the only thing left was for Lebron to try and win it on his own with a little defense and rebounding help from TT.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What roster decesion was he not a part of?

Not sure. This is all entirely speculation on our part. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. But I do believe that LeBron is apart of it. And I do agree that the Love trade was terrible.

And if he's not blaming coaching, then why was Blatt fired?

Blatt was fired because it was the best move for the team. That's just my opinion. I never liked him as a coach. And while LeBron does likely have a say in this, the front office has to make the decision. To say this is him blaming coaching is a bit of a reach IMO.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. This is all entirely speculation on our part. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. But I do believe that LeBron is apart of it. And I do agree that the Love trade was terrible.

Blatt was fired because it was the best move for the team. That's just my opinion. I never liked him as a coach. And while LeBron does likely have a say in this, the front office has to make the decision. To say this is him blaming coaching is a bit of a reach IMO.

Why was it the best move?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it the best move?

Because to me, it was plain to see that the team just wasn't rallying behind him and playing for him. The chemistry wasn't there. I know everyone has their own opinions about this, and everyone will see what they see, but I do believe if you followed the team, you would see what I saw.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because to me, it was plain to see that the team just wasn't rallying behind him and playing for him. The chemistry wasn't there. I know everyone has their own opinions about this, and everyone will see what they see, but I do believe if you followed the team, you would see what I saw.

It's not like they listened to him anyway.
If you aren't self motivated enough as a projected championship contender to practice and play hard, then you,aren't going to get it done regardless of who coaches you.
In other words, they play for themselves and each other.

How was Blatt responsible for any lack of chemistry when James could dictate who he wanted on the court with him?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Blatt responsible for any lack of chemistry when James could dictate who he wanted on the court with him?

This will just turn into an endless back and forth as we both just continue to post our opinions over and over again man. I believe chemistry is brought together from every part of the team, including coaching. If Cleveland doesn't make it to the Finals, I'll come back and say that you guys were right about this. But again, I was never a fan of Blatt and didn't think he was that great of a coach.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will just turn into an endless back and forth as we both just continue to post our opinions over and over again man. I believe chemistry is brought together from every part of the team, including coaching. If Cleveland doesn't make it to the Finals, I'll come back and say that you guys were right about this. But again, I was never a fan of Blatt and didn't think he was that great of a coach.

"Making it back to the Finals" is not their goal.

I like Blatt also. (but respect Griffin for making a tough call)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should make the Finals if Gilbert lets his kid coach.
This move was made as I understand, to get them to the next level, which is winning it all.
I just don't see how it does.
It's the same players that appear to not be good enough to win a best of 7 vs whoever wins the West.

I have a very strong gut feeling that the roster you saw tonight will not be the same after the all star break.
Cavs need better perimeter D to beat who they need to beat.
Love is horrible. The Cavs bigs can't defend. Kyrie, while improving is still average or below.
James can't go full throttle at both sides of the court anymore.

It's a talent issue.
Not coaching.
Not chemistry IMO.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a very strong gut feeling that the roster you saw tonight will not be the same after the all star break.

I do as well. This team isn't going to get it done. There's a chance they could slip up and not make it out of the East.

Love is horrible. The Cavs bigs can't defend. Kyrie, while improving is still average or below.

We still haven't seen a fully 100%, fully let loose Kyrie. I'm not ready to pass that judgement on him. I've seen some very special things from him. But I agree about the bigs and Love. Thompson is the most overpaid player in the league.

It's a talent issue.
Not coaching.
Not chemistry IMO.

I believe it's a combination of all 3.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do as well. This team isn't going to get it done. There's a chance they could slip up and not make it out of the East.

We still haven't seen a fully 100%, fully let loose Kyrie. I'm not ready to pass that judgement on him. I've seen some very special things from him. But I agree about the bigs and Love. Thompson is the most overpaid player in the league.

I believe it's a combination of all 3.

As far as Kyrie, I was only talking his D.
Offensively he's become elite when healthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should try explaining that to Wiggy. :heh:

The Love/Tristan 40M combo meal is horrendous looking, at least to me, and nobody can question that James isn't solely the one who orchestrated it.