• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the moves the past 2 days where do you have Atlanta in the NFC?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will likely win the division with 11 ish wins, imo. Solid 4 seed, maybe 3 seed with some luck. Then it depends on who comes to the dome for WC weekend. If they get the right draw, could see them in the divisional round but could see them as one and done too. Getting Judon and Simmons shows they are giving themselves a chance but Kirk is a question mark. Age, coming off achilles, etc. Of course, it could be Penix and that might change things. I think there's 4-5 teams in the NFC that can beat them (not saying they will, mind you) but until mid January and we see about injuries, etc., it's anybody's guess.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Judon and Simmons shows they are giving themselves a chance but Kirk is a question mark. Age, coming off achilles, etc. Of course, it could be Penix and that might change things.
This is kinda what it was last year, too. Great group of young players but what on earth is going on at QB? Ridder was probably a mid level backup so Atlanta went nowhere. Cousins has almost no chance of being as bad as Ridder but age, injuries, and leaving Justin Jefferson and KOC...maybe a chance that Cousins isn't quite enough to get over the hump.

Playoffs are likely to be tight. Simmons and Judon are the exact type of moves you want to see but Cousins hasn't really been known as the man in tight games. But the Atlanta GM did everything you could expect so Atlanta fans have something to be excited about. Cousins has 3 top 10 picks to pass the ball to. Atlanta is past prime and its rebuild. They're in a competitive window.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer to wait for actual games to be played. Injuries remain a huge part of pro football where depth has much to say in the regular season.

i mean...Dallas has a set of starting corners as good as most teams with a beast at the line, and their defense has all kinds of questions in mid August.

we shall see soon enough

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer to wait for actual games to be played. Injuries remain a huge part of pro football where depth has much to say in the regular season.

i mean...Dallas has a set of starting corners as good as most teams with a beast at the line, and their defense has all kinds of questions in mid August.

we shall see soon enough
Most teams dare you to run the ball. Dallas might dare teams to pass the ball :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they unleash Bijan Robinson they are a top 5 in the NFC.
Bijan and Etienne had pretty similar statistical profiles last year. I know you were big on ETN coming out but I would expect Bijan to be slightly better at running the ball behind that Falcons line.

Kyle Pitts as a 3rd option on a team with a real QB should be a game changer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago, really? Having a rookie QB is always a big unknown, the Bears could be strong but they could be shaky as well. I wouldn’t put them ahead of the Falcons.
Even as a diehard Bears fan, this is hard to argue against. Maybe if we didn't have the Lions and Packers in our division that we'll have to face twice, I might think there was a chance, but the Falcons have done a really good job of loading up, and it's clear that they are gunning not only for the NFCS title, but a deep run in the postseason. Shit, I'll be happy if my boyz just make the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre team in a really bad division, which means most likely in the

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a diehard Bears fan, this is hard to argue against. Maybe if we didn't have the Lions and Packers in our division that we'll have to face twice, I might think there was a chance, but the Falcons have done a really good job of loading up, and it's clear that they are gunning not only for the NFCS title, but a deep run in the postseason. Shit, I'll be happy if my boyz just make the playoffs.
It’s just almost impossible to predict what a team starting a rookie QB will do - I think Williams will be solid and the Bears have some good pieces but you just never know what they’ll do.
I’m really feeling good about my Falcons - we look like arguably the most improved team in the NFL on paper, and now that we have a good QB and Arthur Smith is gone, we are ready to make some noise in the NFC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we shall see soon enough
This is a Falcons thread.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are a dick with ears behind a keyboard.

so what
I was just trying to help you out. Life comes at you fast when you’re putting on the 17th green of life.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't normally go from 7 wins and a -50 points differential to Championship game contenders in 1 offseason, especially when they use a top 10 Draft pick on someone who isn't going to play. They've added 2 more good players, but those were players that other teams didn't want. There's no reason to be down on the Falcons, but i'm in wait and see mode.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't normally go from 7 wins and a -50 points differential to Championship game contenders in 1 offseason, especially when they use a top 10 Draft pick on someone who isn't going to play. They've added 2 more good players, but those were players that other teams didn't want. There's no reason to be down on the Falcons, but i'm in wait and see mode.
Yeah, it's wait and see for a lot of teams, that I agree with. And I don't think Championship game contention is even realistic, tbh, That would take a lot of lucky breaks to fall their way, imo. I do think the difference in QB play is huge considering how truly awful they have been since Matt Ryan's prime. And coaching should help. Bringing in a defensive coach and having the OC autonomous was a good move for them.
As for the top 10 pick, I'm not so sure Penix is completely out of the realm of possibility. We have to wait and see on Cousins. He could very well fall off a cliff or be good. No way to know until they play the games. I'm leaning toward a setback for Kirk. I know mobility was never a factor for him but stepping into throws, planting, the mental side. You never know how that achilles repair will go. A guy favors it just slightly, he can easily cause other problems.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this year as being potentially their “year before THE year.” This is the year where next step is winning a lackluster division with 10-11 wins maybe mess around and win a home playoff game. Then next year they become real contenders.