• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winter Classic 2015

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so frickin special about playing in Nats Park or that old barn that is Fedex Field? How about some variety and different teams, NHL?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so frickin special about playing in Nats Park or that old barn that is Fedex Field? How about some variety and different teams, NHL?

I dont mind watching the Flyers in the classic, i wouldnt mind if we played in it every year. Gives me something to look forward to instead of just a hangover on new years day.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind watching the Flyers in the classic, i wouldnt mind if we played in it every year. Gives me something to look forward to instead of just a hangover on new years day.

Well, I don't want the Flyers in every year, but the thing is, the NHL needs to put more teams in than just the same few teams - look at teams like Minnesota, they haven't even had a Winter Classic yet and the Caps are in a second one and they're going to host it in some shitty ballpark or stadium? NHL needs more variety - I can watch the Winter Classic regardless if the Flyers are in it or not

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it. Winter Classics are a fun ass time to attend

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't want the Flyers in every year, but the thing is, the NHL needs to put more teams in than just the same few teams - look at teams like Minnesota, they haven't even had a Winter Classic yet and the Caps are in a second one and they're going to host it in some shitty ballpark or stadium? NHL needs more variety - I can watch the Winter Classic regardless if the Flyers are in it or not

This.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

it is about ratings, you may watch it no matter what but not everyone will. flyers are a big draw and so are the caps. no one is going to watch minnesota columbus winter classic. that being said, i would have rather held out a couple years for flyers penguins at beaver stadium.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting the Flyers in does ensure a strong viewership, but the Winter Classic aught to be spread out more for the sake of the league. Even if it devolves into something like the Lions and Cowboys old Thanksgiving day game tradition. It really didn't matter who, they drew a TV audience...eventually these games got spread back around a bit...that and the Lions were so bad that no one cared who beat them.

I think the entire "Stadium Series" this year is a bit of a joke/money grab...

Why not have the Maple Leafs and or the Canadiens host the Winter Classic and or the Heritage Classic in outdoor settings every year? I know I would watch....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is about ratings, you may watch it no matter what but not everyone will. flyers are a big draw and so are the caps. no one is going to watch minnesota columbus winter classic. that being said, i would have rather held out a couple years for flyers penguins at beaver stadium.

I agree as a Flyers fan i could care less about Minn and Columbus if they put the Flyers on every year on NYD i would be happy to watch.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Putting the Flyers in does ensure a strong viewership, but the Winter Classic aught to be spread out more for the sake of the league. Even if it devolves into something like the Lions and Cowboys old Thanksgiving day game tradition. It really didn't matter who, they drew a TV audience...eventually these games got spread back around a bit...that and the Lions were so bad that no one cared who beat them.

I think the entire "Stadium Series" this year is a bit of a joke/money grab...

Why not have the Maple Leafs and or the Canadiens host the Winter Classic and or the Heritage Classic in outdoor settings every year? I know I would watch....

see I would be OK if they hosted the games at the same spots every year. I think that the baseball stadiums are a joke, you cant see!

keep one at big house and do one at beaver, let the red wings and pens host a rival there every year just like thanksgiving day with the lions and cowboys.

i know i would have to put up with the pens but whatever i think this would grow the game. plus at these locations you can almost always guarantee decent enough weather.