• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winning is everything.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously guys, I'm waiting for someone to try and convince how losing every game is that beneficial to this team? What college player am I not seeing? Does the media or fans really believe that this team is so fortunate that if they dropped every game, they will end up will the next HOFer?

My thinking is that the right GM will come in here and make whatever pick we have a good one. There's a lot of opportunity for a new guy to come in and make some nice moves without the first pick.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying that it will automatically propel them to the SB but it helps. Lions go nowhere without that defense last year.

Aren't we just talking about obvious things here? Why try to argue that point just to make Stafford look bad? Every single good team in the league have a few things in common; good defenses, coaches and at least an average oline.
Slightly below average can get it done too, when its OLine and you pass more than run.

We wouldn't even need a good run game to to competitive. If other areas were upper third or better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only poor effort I saw was Prater, twice. Our terrible defense actually stood up to the Pack and didn't fold. Prater hits those extra points and the game was over.
On a game deciding play we had ten men on the field.....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying that it will automatically propel them to the SB but it helps. Lions go nowhere without that defense last year.

Aren't we just talking about obvious things here? Why try to argue that point just to make Stafford look bad? Every single good team in the league have a few things in common; good defenses, coaches and at least an average oline.

Like I said, I am willing to give Stafford the benefit of the doubt because the O-line was so bad this year but it is frustrating to watch players like Dalton, Newton and others get better and better while Stafford gets worse and worse from his what seems like forever ago 40+ TD season.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What college player am I not seeing?

As far as that goes its usually the players final season plus workouts and combine results that separates them from the pack and there are usually only 4-6 elite talent guys per draft and they get snatched up quick. That said i'm always happier walking in to work if the Lions win.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a top 10 defense and the 2011 offense, then the Lions will win the Super Bowl.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only poor effort I saw was Prater, twice. Our terrible defense actually stood up to the Pack and didn't fold. Prater hits those extra points and the game was over.

Biggest reason the defense looks terrible is because the offense turns the ball over 3 times a game on their own side of the filed. Look at the games where the offense only turn the ball over 2 times or less versus 3 times or more.

The offense blows and so does Stafford. We had 1 decent scoring drive that whole game. I am not saying we can do much better in the draft this year, but dont make it sound like his poor play is the result of the defense. It is exactly the opposite.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win out Lions. Win the fuck out.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is that the right GM will come in here and make whatever pick we have a good one. There's a lot of opportunity for a new guy to come in and make some nice moves without the first pick.

A GM is more likely to make the right pick, the higher he is drafting. There is usually only 5-6 blue chip, franchise type players in every draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing. abdullah needs to be getting A LOT more carries. He's clearly the most talented RB on the roster and it's not even close.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I am willing to give Stafford the benefit of the doubt because the O-line was so bad this year but it is frustrating to watch players like Dalton, Newton and others get better and better while Stafford gets worse and worse from his what seems like forever ago 40+ TD season.

I think what you’re seeing is that those “teams” are getting better. The Bengals defense and Oline are solid and the coaching is good. Cam Newton doesn’t do much but run the ball and throw when he has to. They also live and die behind that defense.

It’s great when a QB doesn’t have to do it all just to win.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as that goes its usually the players final season plus workouts and combine results that separates them from the pack and there are usually only 4-6 elite talent guys per draft and they get snatched up quick. That said i'm always happier walking in to work if the Lions win.

While I would love to add those elite guys to the team, I’m not willing to do it at the expense of throwing away the season. I understand that fans are scared that wins may help save Caldwell’s job but I don’t see that being the case either. Ultimately, the new guy will choose who he wants.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to add those elite guys to the team, I’m not willing to do it at the expense of throwing away the season.

There is no season to throw away when you're 2-7. Mayhew threw the season away when he lost Suh.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest reason the defense looks terrible is because the offense turns the ball over 3 times a game on their own side of the filed. Look at the games where the offense only turn the ball over 2 times or less versus 3 times or more.

The offense blows and so does Stafford. We had 1 decent scoring drive that whole game. I am not saying we can do much better in the draft this year, but dont make it sound like his poor play is the result of the defense. It is exactly the opposite.

Well, you think Stafford sucks. I don’t. I think the defense sucks. You don’t. We just have to disagree there.

We made it to the playoffs with a really good offense and a terrible defense one year. We lost in a shoot-out and our weakness was exposed. We also made it to the playoffs again with a really good defense and a terrible offense. We lost at the end, as Staff gets crunched because our best blocker whiffed.

All I’m saying is that a decent Oline and a solid defense could really help this team. Everything has to come together in the same year though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll bite. Let's see your research.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m saying is that a decent Oline and a solid defense could really help this team.

Which is why we all hated your Ebron pick and didn't want any WR.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why we all hated your Ebron pick and didn't want any WR.

If he was going to pick a wide receiver. He could of at least picked the one who immediately became a top 5 WR who went 2 picks later.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton doesn’t do much but run the ball and throw when he has to. They also live and die behind that defense.

Cam has done more with A LOT less.

Who has Cam had to throw too? Greg Olsen, a washed up Steve Smith, Benjamin or Funchess.

Stafford- arguably greatest WR of all time, elite #2 WR Tate, top 20 draft pick in Pettidrops, top 10 pick in Ebron, Reggie Bush.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was going to pick a wide receiver. He could of at least picked the one who immediately became a top 5 WR who went 2 picks later.

The WR Mayhew really wanted last season was Algohlar. He had no eye for talented pass catchers at all.