• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson haters admit it

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I looked at the play some more.

(1) I see where he saw an open receiver. He wasn't covered when Wilson threw the ball. Bad pass, yes. He wasn't pressured to pass. A defender wasn't on him. He threw it right to Butler, and Butler was in the path of the ball the entire time. He should have thrown it low.

(2) If he pump faked the WR, I believe the RB would be open. The defender stopped covering the WR when he saw Wilson wind up. I think he would have fallen for a pump fake. Wilson wasn't pressured, that should have been his decision. Also, he is mobile enough to keep play going.

(3) Butler did make an amazing play. He lined up and knew the play was going to him when he turned inside and saw Wilson plant his feet. Butler lined up to the WR and mimicked the WR the entire time. Shouldn't NFL QBs noticed who is lined up against the main target and pay attention to where he is if not pressured?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice that with ten minutes to analyze it, you decided that maybe he shouldn't have thrown it to his receiver who had was in front of the defensive back when he threw the ball. I'm sure if Russ had ten minutes to think about it, he maybe goes elsewhere.

Again, the attempt to troll Russ is pathetic. People can have great games and lose. Russ went 12/21 for 247 Yards and 2 TDs without a single target to a wide receiver who was drafted. His team had three drops. And the last pass was a fine throw and should have been a TD. It's just incredible that any human being has the gall to call him out. He played an awesome game.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he doesn't throw the pass to himself? I'm not sure how hard that concept is to understand. Ironically, the right play would have been to run the ball with....Russell Wilson.

Poor "unclutch" Russell Wilson led a 40 second TD drive before half...funny how you didn't bump the thread then. Or when he led his team to the 1, with 2 ridiculous passes (and one ridiculous play by a WR as well). The fact that "haters" are calling out Wilson and Sherman, who both had excellent games, cracks me up. Out of all the people to target...

The right play would basically be the play before, hand off to Marshawn Lynch.

I don't see a TD before halftime "clutch". I have always thought "clutch" was when it mattered most - the end of the game. Nobody talks about 2 minute drives Joe Montana or John Elway had before halftime when talking about their clutch drives.

I never said Wilson didn't have a great game. I never said he was a bad player. I don't think he is elite (the other thread I bumped), nor do I think he is all that clutch. 2 weeks ago, Rodgers had a great game, but was not close to clutch.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[MEDIA=twitter]562092941800251392[/MEDIA]

I'm sorry, but if you think that was a bad decision, you know nothing about football. If you don't trust a WR to make that play, you never throw a pass (and the Seahawks lose 35-10).

I guess Steve Young knows nothing about football then since he said Wilson should have thrown it back shoulder or throw it away. Who the hell is Rob Guerrera?

Bottom line is it was 2nd down on goal line. Even they made the wrong call by throwing, you have a throw it to somewhere where the worst outcome would be an in completion. It was a bad throw/decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice that with ten minutes to analyze it, you decided that maybe he shouldn't have thrown it to his receiver who had was in front of the defensive back when he threw the ball. I'm sure if Russ had ten minutes to think about it, he maybe goes elsewhere.

Again, the attempt to troll Russ is pathetic. People can have great games and lose. Russ went 12/21 for 247 Yards and 2 TDs without a single target to a wide receiver who was drafted. His team had three drops. And the last pass was a fine throw and should have been a TD. It's just incredible that any human being has the gall to call him out. He played an awesome game.

I talked about 1 decision he made, which was the biggest one, and you hear me saying he had a horrible game. All of his WRs were undrafted, not all of his targets. I have said a few times he should have thrown to Marshawn Lynch, which I believe was a 1st round pick by Seahawks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Was it an incredible game? Yes.
Am I saying he is the reason the Seahawks lost? No.
Am I saying Russell Wilson is not as clutch as the OP was making him out to be? Yes.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class Act by PC to 'take the hit" on that call.

I don't buy everything he (pc) is saying, but very classy to throw himself under the bus rather than another coach.

Keep it going Pete, but please fire Bevel, no matter how hard, please do it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right play would basically be the play before, hand off to Marshawn Lynch.

I don't see a TD before halftime "clutch". I have always thought "clutch" was when it mattered most - the end of the game. Nobody talks about 2 minute drives Joe Montana or John Elway had before halftime when talking about their clutch drives.

I never said Wilson didn't have a great game. I never said he was a bad player. I don't think he is elite (the other thread I bumped), nor do I think he is all that clutch. 2 weeks ago, Rodgers had a great game, but was not close to clutch.

Whatever. Even using your bizarro-definition of clutch, Wilson was clutch. Perfect throw to Lynch on the first play of the last drive. Great job to extend the play on third down to pick up the first on the next set of downs. Then, he threw two deep balls where WRs had chances to make plays. Luckily, one of his undrafted WRs did. Then he threw a pass to an open receiver who allowed a CB to beat him there.

If Wilson had the WRs that either Montana or Elway had, would that last pass have been picked? Would he have to run around just to buy time to get open receivers? Would he have a WR drop a pass to get them inside the 15 when they were winning by 10? Would his receivers twice end drives by cutting routes?

Again, Wilson had 11.8 YPA with a #1 WR who NEVER CAUGHT AN NFL PASS and without a single WR WHO WAS DRAFTED against a defense with three Pro Bowlers in the secondary. Only a fuckhead could try to talk trash about a player after a night like that. Unbelievable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a great young QB... He just needs more help in the passing game receiver wise... Seattle needs to address that...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Even using your bizarro-definition of clutch, Wilson was clutch. Perfect throw to Lynch on the first play of the last drive. Great job to extend the play on third down to pick up the first on the next set of downs. Then, he threw two deep balls where WRs had chances to make plays. Luckily, one of his undrafted WRs did. Then he threw a pass to an open receiver who allowed a CB to beat him there.

If Wilson had the WRs that either Montana or Elway had, would that last pass have been picked? Would he have to run around just to buy time to get open receivers? Would he have a WR drop a pass to get them inside the 15 when they were winning by 10? Would his receivers twice end drives by cutting routes?

Again, Wilson had 11.8 YPA with a #1 WR who NEVER CAUGHT AN NFL PASS and without a single WR WHO WAS DRAFTED against a defense with three Pro Bowlers in the secondary. Only a fuckhead could try to talk trash about a player after a night like that. Unbelievable.

Exactly...

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do I post the Michael Jackson popcorn picture

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about 1 decision he made, which was the biggest one, and you hear me saying he had a horrible game. All of his WRs were undrafted, not all of his targets. I have said a few times he should have thrown to Marshawn Lynch, which I believe was a 1st round pick by Seahawks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Was it an incredible game? Yes.
Am I saying he is the reason the Seahawks lost? No.
Am I saying Russell Wilson is not as clutch as the OP was making him out to be? Yes.

The decision he made to throw the ball here is the core of your argument:

You really are going to say that disproves the OP? Somehow deciding he should throw that ball was a terrible decisions, despite hundreds of people with minutes to pour over the video and images saying it was a fine decision, to the extent to prove a guy with 12 game-winning drives in 3 years isn't clutch?

The lengths people go to in order to disprove Russ are amazing. Russ has a split-second to make a throw and you call him out for a debatably-right decision, but you have an hour to analyze the play and you can't discuss it without sounding like a bitter, unintelligent disgrace of a human being.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9er fans trolling on Wilson... Go figure

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Steve Young knows nothing about football then since he said Wilson should have thrown it back shoulder or throw it away. Who the hell is Rob Guerrera?

Bottom line is it was 2nd down on goal line. Even they made the wrong call by throwing, you have a throw it to somewhere where the worst outcome would be an in completion. It was a bad throw/decision.

That's a bang-bang route. They should have never called it to begin with because it doesn't play to his strengths. You can argue over the minutia of what happened with the execution but it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be in the playbook to begin with. And this isn't the first time they ran it. I can remember at least one time where they tried the same thing with the exact same result.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bang-bang route. They should have never called it to begin with because it doesn't play to his strengths. You can argue over the minutia of what happened with the execution but it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be in the playbook to begin with. And this isn't the first time they ran it. I can remember at least one time where they tried the same thing with the exact same result.

Yep agreed I was like wow how do you call a slant out of everything that they could have. Worst case run it 3 times or roll out Wilson. They basically lost that game...in the past the Giants won it in that situation.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stuff it Smart.

Brady came off the field after leading his offense to a lead with just a couple of minutes left in two SBs and....Eli owns him....can't win shit since Spygate....ect AND if Wilson had made that final throw, Brady can't win with an inflated football.

Wilson's ok but he did lose the game for his team.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two comments on the thread:

Smart, you keep posting about how none of Wilsons receivers were drafted. But guys like Kearse, Baldwin, Richardson (who was out yesterday) and Chris Matthews have been making some great plays. So its entirely possible they were underrated years back or have improved considerably.

Also, another thought I had is: if Seattle has that second timeout, do they win that game? Bevell said the play was called to stop the clock, presumably expecting a Run, TO, Run sequence to end the game. With a third timeout, does it go Run, TO, Run, TO, Run. No way New England wins in that sequence.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two comments on the thread:

Smart, you keep posting about how none of Wilsons receivers were drafted. But guys like Kearse, Baldwin, Richardson (who was out yesterday) and Chris Matthews have been making some great plays. So its entirely possible they were underrated years back or have improved considerably.

Also, another thought I had is: if Seattle has that second timeout, do they win that game? Bevell said the play was called to stop the clock, presumably expecting a Run, TO, Run sequence to end the game. With a third timeout, does it go Run, TO, Run, TO, Run. No way New England wins in that sequence.

Losing that 2nd time-out after that huge throw and miraculous catch screwed Seattle imo.