• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will white people ever forgive Michael Vick?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, they are not just "a fucking dog." If you somehow think that the fear and pain those dogs felt when they were killed was somehow lessened because they are of the canine persuasion, you are sadly mistaken. Treating a defenseless animal like that--human or not--should result in the most severe of consequences.

No denying that. I have a little dog I love as much as a person can love an animal.

But...

he's an animal, not a human being.

These animal people are more hate-filled than Westboro Baptist Church.

They're filth.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lesson to be learned is, going to Prison will kill your NFL career.

Just look at Aaron Hernandez. I bet that guy doesn't play another snap in the league
Unless of coarse you are talking about the prison Butt Dart League he is in now? :drum:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dogs are highly over rated

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take:

First some background: When Vick's news first broke, I said I would quit being an Eagles fan if he was my QB. Then...Philly did the unexpected and signed Vick. And he became my QB.

Forward to now: My sense is that Vick absolutely should be on an NFL roster now in terms of talent. But it is not that simple.

The dog thing is a minor issue at this point since numerous teams have signed him. It's not why he is on the market.

The bigger issue is that he can no longer run as well as he did when he was younger, and never developed as a pocket passer. Vick minus running ability equals mediocre veteran NFL QB.

He is actually a decent #2 to have on a bad team, because he can step in and win a few games for you in the right offense.

But the dilemma many teams face with Vick is that he is very popular with younger players, many of whom are in awe of being in a locker room with the dude they played Madden with as kids. And he WANTS to start, make no mistake.

So you end up with a QB controversy if he is your backup, behind a younger QB with more of a future upside.

However...call it racist if you think it is easier to wrap your head around.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lesson to be learned is, going to Prison will kill your NFL career.

Just look at Aaron Hernandez. I bet that guy doesn't play another snap in the league

"Yeah, but he only killed people, not animals." - the animal people

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Rod Smart arguing with himself? Is he schizo?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you end up with a QB controversy if he is your backup, behind a younger QB with more of a future upside.

Sort of like what's brewing in Foxborough? :noidea:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Rod Smart arguing with himself? Is he schizo?

In the sense that he's convinced he's a skilled troll? Yes, you might say that.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No denying that. I have a little dog I love as much as a person can love an animal.

But...

he's an animal, not a human being.

These animal people are more hate-filled than Westboro Baptist Church.

They're filth.
There are definitely lines that people cross when it comes to animals. I am a hypocrite though because if someone ever messed with my dogs, I would go fucking ballistic but not murder someone over it. Something maybe along the lines of a lifelong severe limp or thousands of $$ in dental work would satisfy me. Depends on their crime against me and my own. Otherwise, my weakness is wanting to help the animal rather than punish the abuser. People can change and from what I can tell, Michael Vick isn't abusing anything these days other than the team he plays on.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles traded for Sam Bradford, resigned Mark Sanchez, flirted with Marcus Mariota, picked up Tim Tebow for some reason, and are moving GJ Kinne all over the field to give him a better chance to make the roster. Chip Kelly hasn't even called Michael Vick.

The Chiefs have noodle armed Alex Smith, career backup Chase Daniel, and college never-weres Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray. Andy Reid tried out Terrelle Pryor, but won't give Vick a call.