• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Ted Wells get disbarred for his misconduct?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how butthurt some of the Pats fans are. And amusing as hell...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans for some reason can't admit guilt

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans for some reason can't admit guilt

Well someone should probably prove it first... still waiting...

Don't bother citing the hatch job Wells conducted. Clearly it was conclusion first and facts later. So where's the real proof?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone should probably prove it first... still waiting...

Don't bother citing the hatch job Wells conducted. Clearly it was conclusion first and facts later. So where's the real proof?
I'd love to hear how they were magically under inflated at half. The science lab said it wasnt fully from environmental effects. You really don't believe they were tampered with or you need a smoking gun?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear how they were magically under inflated at half. The science lab said it wasnt fully from environmental effects. You really don't believe they were tampered with or you need a smoking gun?

They weren't. 3 were under, 3 were over and 5 were right in the range the scientists expected.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name calling isn't allowed so please don't call @Fencer a schmuck. Or a cocksucker. Or an insane fucktard.

I laughed. Really. At least, I kind of chuckled. I think that's the first funny post I've ever seen you make!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://drewfustin.com/deflategate/, by a Patriots fan who also happens to be a PhD physicist whose thesis had a lot to do with gas pressure, has a lot of arithmetic in it. The tl;dr is:

If Walt Anderson told the truth to Wells, then neither the Patriots balls nor Colts balls were tampered with.

The Wells report finding depends entirely on the assumption that Walt Anderson was correct in what he remembered about pressure readings, but incorrect in his memory of which pressure gauge he used.

At this point, only an idiot takes the Wells report at face value.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Wells now saying there is "direct evidence" implicating Tom Brady that wasn't in the report

Uhhhh...shouldn't he have put that in the report? I mean the NFL gave him MILLIONS of dollars for that farce and he left out the most important finding he had? Fascinating.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://drewfustin.com/deflategate/, by a Patriots fan who also happens to be a PhD physicist whose thesis had a lot to do with gas pressure, has a lot of arithmetic in it. The tl;dr is:

If Walt Anderson told the truth to Wells, then neither the Patriots balls nor Colts balls were tampered with.

The Wells report finding depends entirely on the assumption that Walt Anderson was correct in what he remembered about pressure readings, but incorrect in his memory of which pressure gauge he used.

At this point, only an idiot takes the Wells report at face value.

Wells reasoning as outlined in the report is hilariously stupid and illogical.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'd love to hear the real reason as to why the Refs didn't check all of the Colts' footballs even though of the 4 they did test, 3 were under 12.5 PSI.

Did they really run out of time or did the 75% not fit the narrative to get the Pats?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh...shouldn't he have put that in the report? I mean the NFL gave him MILLIONS of dollars for that farce and he left out the most important finding he had? Fascinating.

if it truly existed, then yes, which is why I raised the bullshit flag on that yesterday!

let me do it again. :bullshit:

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Patriots' rebuttal shows that Wells was a brutally biased and incompetent investigator. So, speaking colloquially, he should be "disbarred" from doing anything like that again.

What's more, he told his interviewees he was acting as a "judge" in this matter.

Still, it would be tough to prove that he was acting out of malice, rather than stupidity. So I'm guessing there isn't much of a case to be made for disbarment.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Wells has obviously acted very badly in the Deflategate matter. He's acting as a strong advocate* for his client, yet pretending to be unbiased, in an obvious pattern of dishonesty. So is that the kind of behavior for which lawyers get disbarred?

I'm guessing it is not. He wasn't acting as a lawyer when doing or writing up the Deflategate investigation. So as long as he doesn't claim lawyer/client privilege when the subpoenas start flying in his direction, he should be fine.

But that's just a guess. I'm not a lawyer.

*Examples of advocacy include but are not limited to:
  • The referee recalled that the gauge used was one which would demonstrate that the Patriots' balls had not been deflated. Wells badgered him into saying he wasn't sure his memory was correct. His opinion on that matter was then disregarded in the report, even though it was taken as dispositive on other matters.
  • The referee testified that never before in his experience had a ball bag disappeared after the referee check. The Wells report offered no evidence that this had happened before (e.g. in other games with other referees). The Wells report still claims there is evidence this was a pattern of behavior.
  • Wells hangs huge significance on the fact that Brady didn't know the legal name of somebody who was generally referred to only by his nickname. (Bird/McNally.) Huh? That's OK if you're trying to con a jury, but it's not appropriate for a 243-page supposedly neutral report.
  • Wells hangs huge significance on the supposed fact that the Patriots refused to let him re-interview McNally. As they have stated, this is false; they just insisted that a phone interview would have to suffice for the fifth time McNally was questioned.
that is pretty good 12 bull shits . btw the court system will waste a million dollars or more of tax payers money to play with this case . so pats fans be proud of your cheating ways .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how butthurt some of the Pats fans are. And amusing as hell...

@Fencer starts thread seeking sympathy for Tom Brady.

Thread promptly shatters all-time record for bullshit ratings. :pound:

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't. 3 were under, 3 were over and 5 were right in the range the scientists expected.

Eaglenut, where do your information from? Do you have some inside track to what the ball's measured in at? Wells reports states that:
( All eleven of the Patriots game balls tested measured below the minimum pressure level of 12.5 pounds per square inch (“psi”) allowed by Rule 2 of the Official Playing Rules of the National Football League (the “Playing Rules”) on both of two air pressure gauges used to test the balls. The four Colts balls tested each measured within the 12.5 to 13.5 psi range permitted under the Playing Rules on at least one of the gauges used for the tests).

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaglenut, where do your information from? Do you have some inside track to what the ball's measured in at? Wells reports states that:
( All eleven of the Patriots game balls tested measured below the minimum pressure level of 12.5 pounds per square inch (“psi”) allowed by Rule 2 of the Official Playing Rules of the National Football League (the “Playing Rules”) on both of two air pressure gauges used to test the balls. The four Colts balls tested each measured within the 12.5 to 13.5 psi range permitted under the Playing Rules on at least one of the gauges used for the tests).

I understand Patriots fans are a little deflated right now. How 'bout the rest of us try to pump them up a little bit. Maybe let a little air out of the situation with some humor. After all, Pats fans needle us Colts fans all the time, and I wouldn't want to cheat them out of the humorous give-and-take we've been sharing

Yambag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole report is a mess...and local radio is hearing it cost 5 million.

they got a 5 million dollar brady witch hunt.

You didn't see the Saints fans and organization acting like this when their coach got suspended for an entire year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't see the Saints fans and organization acting like this when their coach got suspended for an entire year.
Got to admire the way the Saints handled it. They button their lips and took it like a man. Pats are squealing and crying like girls. I'm embarrassed for them.