• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Justin Fields ever be the starting QB at UGA?

Wunder.Noid

All your trophies are belong to Bama
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury.

I've been hearing from credible people that Jake Fromm has full intentions of playing out his eligibility at UGA, and since Fromm and Fields are only separated by one year, that would only leave Fields one season as the starter unless he redshirts, and I don't see that happening.

In any other recruiting class, Fields would have been the number one player in the country, much less number one QB, and I have my doubts that a kid rated that highly would be willing to be a backup for 3 years, and his father has already said he wants Fields to get significantly more playing time.

This is Fromm's team, and Fromm is a pretty damn good QB who is gonna be tough for Fields to beat out of the job.

If Fromm were to change his mind and leave for the NFL after the 2019 season, I think Fields probably stays, but if Fromm stays through 2020, I think it's pretty well a given that Fields will transfer to somewhere he'll start at.

So my pick is no, he'll never be the starting QB at UGA. I hope he talks to DJ Shockley, who had to wait out David Greene for one season as starting QB and decides to see it through, but I have my doubts.
Doubt he can do what Fromm can not, win a natty beat Bama...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is that Fields is going to appeal to the NCAA for an exemption to the 1-year rule because of a racially charged incident in October. Supposedly, some baseball player called him some politically incorrect name during the Tennessee game or some such thing.

I'm no expert on NCAA rules, but that sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.

What is Adam Sasser alleged to have shouted at Justin Fields ?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is that Fields is going to appeal to the NCAA for an exemption to the 1-year rule because of a racially charged incident in October. Supposedly, some baseball player called him some politically incorrect name during the Tennessee game or some such thing.

I'm no expert on NCAA rules, but that sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.

What is Adam Sasser alleged to have shouted at Justin Fields ?

Was just about to post this. This could get messy.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was just about to post this. This could get messy.

I don't think it'll get messy. From everything I'm hearing, Fields practiced his ass off today and still plans to play in the Sugar Bowl. The appeal process might get messy, but I don't think he's gonna go scorched earth with the team on his way out.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Georgia QB Fields exploring transfer

Sounds like if Fields were to seek a transfer; his top choices are Oklahoma, Florida State, and Ohio State(which is strange to me as we have a pretty full QB room and didn't go after Fields' commitment originally)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Oklahoma is the big winner here. FSU makes no sense as they are in shambles, and I don't know that Fields is beating out Martell given his experience with OSU's offense and Ryan Day. The best news for OU would be if Haskins inexplicably came back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors flying around here that he is wanting to come to OU. Probably not the best timing with OU set to sign the No 1 QB in the country tomorrow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors flying around here that he is wanting to come to OU. Probably not the best timing with OU set to sign the No 1 QB in the country tomorrow.
My guess is Rattler sits for 2 years and takes over as a RS Soph, barring injury.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Oklahoma is the big winner here. FSU makes no sense as they are in shambles, and I don't know that Fields is beating out Martell given his experience with OSU's offense and Ryan Day. The best news for OU would be if Haskins inexplicably came back.
It’s been a while since we had a transfer win the Heisman at OU. We’ll gladly take him.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been a while since we had a transfer win the Heisman at OU. We’ll gladly take him.
Sounds like your coaching staff is shitty on evaluating recruits.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is we'd wind up with a Haskins/Burrow situation where the loser of the competition transfers out after spring ball.
I would hate to see Tate transfer as he has handled his situation with class. Fields is a phenomenal talent and if he is a possibility, then you make room for him. Maybe Mathis would decide not to commit in this class? Day would do wonders in Fields development.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see Tate transfer as he has handled his situation with class. Fields is a phenomenal talent and if he is a possibility, then you make room for him. Maybe Mathis would decide not to commit in this class? Day would do wonders in Fields development.
I have a feeling Mathis is going to be out anyhow. He's honestly a decent-at-best talent, and with Jack Miller in the fold for 2020, he's never going to see the field. He's far better off going back to Michigan State, and I'm guessing if Fields were to come to OSU, he's definitely gone. Baldwin is a better QB for this system, as well.

It wouldn't be the biggest shock if next season we wound up with a QB room of Fields, Baldwin, and Chris Chugunov, if Fields were to wind up at OSU. Then again, it's not a guarantee he beats out Martell. It's not like he's some 3* nobody, he was unbeaten playing at a major national football powerhouse himself, and was just outside of 5* status.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HOPE THIS HAPPENS TODAY

Kd7Q3AC.gif

@OldDevilDawg @Chewbaccer

kid and family are handling this wrong

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like your coaching staff is shitty on evaluating recruits.
We all can’t recruit offensively at the elite level of Michigan State. We just have to find the players that fall through the cracks and hope for the best.