• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Jackson Trust The Bench?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In big games this year Jackson has demonstrated that he doesn't trust Speights or Crawford as their minutes either disappear or shrink significantly. Blake's minutes also tend to get reduced to the point that Curry has clearly been tanked at the end of a few games leading to mistakes and sloppy play. It looks like Crawford, Speights, Armstrong and maybe even Kuzmic could contribute but you wonder if they're about to disappear in favor of a 7 1/2 man rotation (Blake counting as the 1/2 of a player with reduced minutes). I can understand Jackson's reasoning, but just hope he doesn't wear out a very reduced rotation with excessive minutes. He has to give these guys a chance to contribute IMO. Of course maybe it won't last long enough for anyone to be fatigued.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bench will likely be a 8-9 man rotation now with Bogut out. The solid 8 will be a part of the rotation:

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Green
Lee

Bench: O'Neal, Barnes, Blake, Crawford.

Jackson will put out a lineup that more resembled that of the playoffs last year. Barnes and Green will play a lot of the 4. Blake will rotate in for any of the 1-3 spots. Crawford will be given a chance because he's a streaky shooter. He'll get an early chance in the 2nd quarter and if he's got it going he may get more time. If not, I think a solid 8 man rotation will be played during the playoffs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have no choice but to trust the bench. I believe you are going to see a very different type of basketball from the Dubs in the playoffs without Bogut. It may not be effective, but it will at least be exciting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Jackson isn't too rigid with his substitutions. Sometimes I think he'll let an opposing team exploit a matchup continually without making an adjustment. If Lee or Green are worn out or are getting killed by Blake give Armstrong a crack at it for two minutes. Matchups and fresh legs in the NBA can do wonders. Armstrong might get schooled but he mlght give the team a lift. In general I wasn't a Don Nelson fan but he was willing to make adjustments on the fly that often worked. MJ sticks with the familiar even if that ship is sinking. Make your plan but be willing to adjust and try different matchups if need be.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have no choice but to trust the bench. I believe you are going to see a very different type of basketball from the Dubs in the playoffs without Bogut. It may not be effective, but it will at least be exciting.

The Warriors are the most exciting team in basketball so it will make for a great series regardless of the outcome. Threes will be raining from everywhere.

I think Mark Jackson is going to have to go small ball like nelly used to do. Doing so will definitely spread the floor and the warriors have shooters so you never know. They half to shoot a very high percentage.

And Jermaine is The X factor in the series IMO. He's decent but he is just too old to log 40 minutes a night. I do think however he's going to have to be in the game almost exclusively when Jordan is in. You just can't rely on Kuzmic and Armstrong to cover him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are the most exciting team in basketball so it will make for a great series regardless of the outcome. Threes will be raining from everywhere.

I think Mark Jackson is going to have to go small ball like nelly used to do. Doing so will definitely spread the floor and the warriors have shooters so you never know. They half to shoot a very high percentage.

And Jermaine is The X factor in the series IMO. He's decent but he is just too old to log 40 minutes a night. I do think however he's going to have to be in the game almost exclusively when Jordan is in. You just can't rely on Kuzmic and Armstrong to cover him.

That's what I was thinking. As for O'Neal, when Griffin goes to the basket and O'Neal has to go over to stop him, that is when Jordan will really kill us on the glass

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Jackson, I would start Draymond and let JO play with the second unit. Here's my thought process:

1) With Bogut out, we don't have anyone to guard Griffin. Lee was previously on Jordan, which mean that when Blake had the ball, David did most of the weakside rebounding. That would stay the same if you put Draymond on Griffin. Draymond is undersized in comparison, but JO is simply a step slow guarding Griffin. I'd rather have an athletic guy trying to get physical with Griffin, rather than vice versa.

2) Having Draymond with the first unit, at least causes a matchup problem on the offensive end. It clears space on the floor and will give Klay and Curry better spacing. JO is much better suited to the second unit, when they pull Jordan off the court, and we can go into the paint to JO for some scoring down low. The second unit will be a grind it out unit, and we need a guy who can do some damage in the paint. Also with the second unit, JO would be able to provide some much needed interior protection, when our likely offensive output diminishes.

3) The battle of the rebounds isn't going to be won at the 4/5 spot, it's going to be won with the 2/3 spot. Both Klay and Iguodala will need to get on the boards. What's missing most from Bogut's presence is his shot blocking ability. This means there will be more potential drives to the basket. If there's more driving, there should be more bodies around the paint to gang rebound. Everyone needs to crash the boards. From just a pure height and talent perspective, the Warriors should be winning it on the glass at the 2/3 spots. That will be the key.

All that said, I fully expect Jackson to start JO.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS IS SPARTA.....

:exploding:

I could care less how many minutes the starters play, what are we saving them for next year?

The way the playoffs are scheduled, atleast for the 1st round

Sat 4/19
Mon 4/21
Thu 4/24
Sun 4/27
Tue 4/29 * if we push it that far
Thu 5/1 *
Sat 5/3 *

There are no back to backs, or 3 games in 4 night swings. The starters will get plenty of rest. I wouldn't trust our bench either if I was in Jackson's place.

Blake is solid, and that leaves JO or Green to start.

That's good enough for me, keep the rotation with those 3.

HB - Sophmore slump has lasted 5+ months

Speights - Plays like superman, and then like La Tax the next night

JC - Too much Nick Young in him, can be white hot, or ice cold.

The rest of the bench doesn't get run unless we are in a blow out, point blank.

There is no tomorrow.......

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bench will likely be a 8-9 man rotation now with Bogut out. The solid 8 will be a part of the rotation:

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Green
Lee

Bench: O'Neal, Barnes, Blake, Crawford.

Jackson will put out a lineup that more resembled that of the playoffs last year. Barnes and Green will play a lot of the 4. Blake will rotate in for any of the 1-3 spots. Crawford will be given a chance because he's a streaky shooter. He'll get an early chance in the 2nd quarter and if he's got it going he may get more time. If not, I think a solid 8 man rotation will be played during the playoffs.

I concur with this. Crawford is a defensive nightmare and cannot be trusted to get many minutes in playoff games, as defense is at a premium with the reduced pace of the game. Doc Rivers won't let the Ws play at a fast pace. If Crawford is playing a lot, the game is likely over.