• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Bears QB Jay Cutler command $20M a season?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when the Patriots stomp Miami with their scrubs....then what?

I love how fickle Bears fans are. I bet you were screaming his name in glory weeks 1-3.

We`ll never know........amendola is back on track and Gronk is just about to return.
It also seems like Thompkins and Brady are getting it together.
So we will probably never know.........

And no...........i don`t yell out Cutlers name unless he gives up another t.o. which is quite the few.

C

cubzzzfanincali

not a passing stat- thing, but I'd say Cutler is something of a low teens guy, if my life depended on it I'd probably say #14 or so. He's not top 10. Maybe he could be, but he hasn't shown it. I can definitely pick 10 QBs I'd rather have QBing the Bears.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler could be great if he would just stop fumbling in the begining of games. I can deal with the INTS they come with passing alot but the dumb Fumbles are rediculous,

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way....right now.....that he gets 20 mil a year or whatever amount is being tossed around. End of

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a top 10 QB statistically so far this season. He's 8th in QBR, 8th in passing yards and 5th in TD passes. Anyone that doesn't think he's having a big season isn't paying attention. We'll see if he keeps it up. I think he will. If he does, he's gonna get one heck of a contract. God Bless...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a top 10 QB statistically so far this season. He's 8th in QBR, 8th in passing yards and 5th in TD passes. Anyone that doesn't think he's having a big season isn't paying attention. We'll see if he keeps it up. I think he will. If he does, he's gonna get one heck of a contract. God Bless...

Even Payaton manning has to answer questions about dominating in good weather and only one super bowl.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Payaton manning has to answer questions about dominating in good weather and only one super bowl.

Considering Super Bowl is in New York this year, I do not see Peyton getting another ring this year unless NFC team happens to be Saints who would be another poor cold weather team.

If NFC team makes it and can run the ball well I see Denver losing in Super Bowl in the cold. Manning had pretty average day vs very average Ravens defense in cold weather last year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: this kid is misunderstood....funny

Lmao at the Fitzpatrick bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler for RG3

Had a thought watching the Skins-9ers game on MNF.

Much has been made about the friction between RG3 and coach Shanahan. And some wonder if Cutler is Trestman's type of QB going forward.

So what are the pros and cons (and even the likelihood) of a trade that would reunite Cutler with Shanahan in DC? Then of course, the Bears would have RG3.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a thought watching the Skins-9ers game on MNF.

Much has been made about the friction between RG3 and coach Shanahan. And some wonder if Cutler is Trestman's type of QB going forward.

So what are the pros and cons (and even the likelihood) of a trade that would reunite Cutler with Shanahan in DC? Then of course, the Bears would have RG3.

Would rather the trade be for Cousins. Fuck RG3. He's a pretender. He's a college QB who had success for 1 year. The NFL caught up to him.
Cousins on the other hand is a natural leader. Has a good pocket presence, is smart w/ the ball. And can make most of the throws required by a NFL QB.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Bears giving Jay 20 mil. I don't see them franchising him either ( I've been wrong before). It's going to cost a lot of money to fix our D. Peppers even if cut will demand a large portion of our Cap space.
We need D-linemen (at-least 2 who can stop the run), Safeties (at-least 2 big 1s who can run), at-least 1 CB ( who can cover somebody ), Also not sold on our current LB corp. Except for Briggs ( and he's getting old ).
Doubt Jay gets an offer over 10 mil.
Love Jay (in a football sense) . But he is just not worth 20 mil. right now considering our other needs.
Trestman is QB guru. Hell he made Josh McCown the top rated QB in the league. Imagine what he could do w/ a top rated prospect.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think before you type?

"Doubt Jay gets an offer over 10 mil"-------- I doubt McCown will get over 3 mil

"Hell he made Josh McCown the top rated QB in the league."------ that can't guide his team to consecutive wins

And you wonder why ?

:omg:

:yahoo:

:lol:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot hinges on Sunday for Cutler, and in the potential Wild Card playoff game the following week.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the sign of the times

A lot hinges on Sunday for Cutler, and in the potential Wild Card playoff game the following week.

Someone is going to pay him at the very least Stafford money. It seems like all the new multimillion dollar QBs are doing bad. Matt Ryan. Joe Flacco. Stafford. Jay made 8.79 this season...He is getting over 10......easily

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is going to pay him at the very least Stafford money. It seems like all the new multimillion dollar QBs are doing bad. Matt Ryan. Joe Flacco. Stafford. Jay made 8.79 this season...He is getting over 10......easily

Well, to be fair Matt Ryan was playing very well until he lost Roddy and Julio. Along with a lot of his line.

But I think he'll get somewhere around 15 mil per year for 3 or 4 years from us or whoever else.