• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will AD want to be traded after this?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lol is because I was laughing at your statement. You made a post about something that everyone knew was going to happen because it would be stupid not to and tried to claim some "internet win" by calling out posters who say he will be traded. No one has said that AD wouldn't meet with Griffin. They have said that it's unlikely to make a difference.

So no, I didn't repeat exactly what you said.

No, but you said to forget this off-season. If AD is going to be traded, it's likely that it will happen this off-season because that's when the Pels are likely to get the best offers.

lol again.

So, even though AD insists on leaving you think Griffin's move will be to throw a contract in front of him and say "sign it or I'll give you what you want" and AD will sign it?

Here's the thing, Griffin doesn't have the upper hand. AD does because he will be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

The worst case for AD is that he spends 1 more season playing in New Orleans or some other place he doesn't want to be and then goes wherever he wants after the season.

The worst case for the Pels is that they lose him and get nothing in return.

My other quote applies here too

Also... Griffin doesn't give a dime if offers by Feb. can be "a little less"... why should he if with Kemba, Holiday, Zion Randle and Wood would get enough back to support a team with great future anyway?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. If AD is going to be traded, Griffin will trade him when he feels he can get the most for him. That could be before the trade deadline, but he probably gets more for him if he trades him in the off-season.

True. It's possible that Griffin is able to convince AD to stay, but based on current reports...it appears to be unlikely.

As someone else pointed out, whether he intends to stay or not, it is still in AD's best interest to meet with the Pels.

This is especially true given how contentious things got when this was playing out during the season. By meeting with Griffin (who already has a good relationship with Klutch) he can create a more amicable situation and maybe get the Pels to be more open to sending him to a preferred destination.

Actually, yes there is a chance they don't get max value. As of right now, the best likely offers appear to be potentially and in no particular order the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics. Any of those teams can offer a really good package of assets for AD that the Pels could use to create a very bright future for themselves.

But, if the Pels wait too long, those offers will go away. If, for example, AD indicates he won't stay in Boston, the Celtics will likely remove their offer or remove assets from it.

If they wait too long, the Knicks and Lakers may also decide not to wait and move on to other trades.

For that matter, if the rumors that the Pels won't deal with the Lakers under any circumstances are true, the Lakers may decide to move on from even trying to get AD and look to trade for someone else. Thus removing a very good potential offer before it can even be made.

The Celtics can only offer less after the draft.

Because those picks need to be used then.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask. What the hell is "happy butch of guys"?
it's "happy buch of guys"... it's "happy" batch of guys what I said... Do you have a mirror at home?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...which then means AD will be forced to resign with the Pels... Especially if Griffin takes advantage of the Pelicans being advanced to "highly desirable destination" for this season and has Kemba or Kyrie joining them!

Forced to re-sign? You understand what "unrestricted free agent" means, right?

Kemba or Kyrie going to New Orleans? When did New Orleans become a "destination franchise." As far as destination franchises go, New Orleans would be a step down from Boston for Kyrie and a lateral move (one small market to another) for Kemba. Both could make more money staying put.

I have yet to hear or see a single rumor that has any of the top FA's being interested in going to New Orleans. Heck, reports are that Zion wasn't exactly filled with joy at the prospect of playing there.

But now we're supposed to buy that Kemba or Kyrie are coming and AD will stay?

P.S. I skipped the 2nd paragraph because my post covers both.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics can only offer less after the draft.

Because those picks need to be used then.
I don't believe that the Celtics are after AD anymore... I believe the Celtics are more busy trying to figure out how they can get rid of Hayward's and Hortford's contract and have a "big breath" as to continue with a fast rebuild around Tatum, Brown and Rozier... I believe it will only be Smart they'll keep to guide and lead their youth...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that the Celtics are after AD anymore... I believe the Celtics are more busy trying to figure out how they can get rid of Hayward's and Hortford's contract and have a "big breath" as to continue with a fast rebuild around Tatum, Brown and Rozier... I believe it will only be Smart they'll keep to guide and lead their youth...

step 1: Draft Romeo Langford

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
step 1: Draft Romeo Langford

I believe they additionally hope to get smth of "future value" out of Hortford and Hayward...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other quote applies here too

Also... Griffin doesn't give a dime if offers by Feb. can be "a little less"... why should he if with Kemba, Holiday, Zion Randle and Wood would get enough back to support a team with great future anyway?

If Griffin is stupid and shitty at his job (which he isn't) he "doesn't give a dime" about offers being "a little less."

Also, we're not talking a little less, we're talking significantly less. The closer AD gets to FA, the less the Pels are likely to be offered. For one, teams typically have more assets in the off-season than they do during the season.

Also, the closer we get to AD's UFA, the less the Pels will be offered for him. They will basically be left to get offers from teams who think that adding AD will put them over the top as either contenders or getting to the playoffs and hope they can convince him to stay.

The problem there is that for the Pels to get anything close to fair value, that team would have to give up much of what makes them attractive. Which would all but guarantee that he leaves.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they additionally hope to get smth of "future value" out of Hortford and Hayward...

horford has trade value.

hayward probably has none.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...which then means AD will be forced to resign with the Pels... Especially if Griffin takes advantage of the Pelicans being advanced to "highly desirable destination" for this season and has Kemba or Kyrie joining them!

In such a case, expect to see lots of Kemba (kyrie), Holiday, Zion, Randle & Wood on the floor and Pelicans being "well into the playoffs" with only 25mins of AD playing time, before Griffin throws a contract in front of AD and says "sign it or I'll trade you" ...and AD signs it!

P.S. I've skipped quoting the 1st part, because I mostly agree...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Griffin is stupid and shitty at his job (which he isn't) he "doesn't give a dime" about offers being "a little less."

You don't get the point... he is an expert in business (that's why he is a GM) and in business there are risks that have to be taken when crucial decisions arise... Therefore... out of the three possibilities that are he sees as achievable:
1. Keep Davies
2. Trade Davis during the off-season
3. Trade Davis by Feb.

He will risk (2), in order to achieve (1), because by taking 2, he has no hope to get (1)... That's why he is a GM and you are not... cappici?

Also, we're not talking a little less, we're talking significantly less. The closer AD gets to FA, the less the Pels are likely to be offered. For one, teams typically have more assets in the off-season than they do during the season.
There is no "significantly less" if you already have a full team but try to keep option (1) above... there is only "much less" than option (1)... cappici?

Also, the closer we get to AD's UFA, the less the Pels will be offered for him. They will basically be left to get offers from teams who think that adding AD will put them over the top as either contenders or getting to the playoffs and hope they can convince him to stay.

Sure... you still don't give up in trying to achieve option (1) if you are payed his salary as to win the title over the competition... otherwise they would hire guys like you to be the GMs...

The problem there is that for the Pels to get anything close to fair value, that team would have to give up much of what makes them attractive. Which would all but guarantee that he leaves.

But... THEY DON'T CARE FOR "getting fair value"... They want the title as much as your team wants it and their only chance to achieve their goal soon is to keep AD! Therefore for as long as they judge it is probable (which it is) they'll try what they can! ...capicci?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horford has trade value.

hayward probably has none.

That's the first take... but I've seen "everything" in the past! Like... the Bucks trading "Dellavedova & Henson" for... Hill(!!!) and ...the Bucks trading Maker for... Mirotic(!!!)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the first take... but I've seen "everything" in the past! Like... the Bucks trading "Dellavedova & Henson" for... Hill!!! and ...the Bucks trading Maker for... Mirotic!

I mean teams like Indiana (Butler!) aren't gonna get an elite FA. They might want to use their cap space to land one potential top guy that they can't sign.

But they wouldn't have to give up much.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's "happy buch of guys"... it's "happy" batch of guys what I said... Do you have a mirror at home?

Do you have your head firmly planted up your ass?