• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wife beater or cheater

What should the NFL punish stronger?

• Total voters

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow people voting cheater over beating a woman. Fucking pussies galore that voted

As far as NFL punishment is concerned...absolfreakinglutely. You may not be aware, but we actually do have a criminal justice system in this country.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as NFL punishment is concerned...absolfreakinglutely. You may not be aware, but we actually do have a criminal justice system in this country.

Thanks my inteillectual friend. I did over 10 years and I know

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I'm gonna go ahead and say something a lot of people are afraid to say, I don't like bacon on my burger. Love bacon but it overpowers all of the flavors of a burger. I typically like my bacon with some eggs and toast or hash browns. Bacon is a breakfast meat in my book.

You are dead to me :crazy::nod:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That we do... But even that is a complete joke!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That we do... But even that is a complete joke!

Well...that's a whole different topic and not suitable for this particular board.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that's a whole different topic and not suitable for this particular board.

haha exactly, just had to throw it out there though... Perhaps I'll start something on the political board

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you. Little brother spent 20+ years incarcerated. He'd do a few years get out without a job and go back in. He's doing good today. Out about 10 years and working.
nice I did fed so 85% should have never collected

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't treat this as a straight "what's worse?" (in a vacuum) question.

Instead, I considered which is more harmful to the League, and to the sport...so I went with cheating. We have cops, courts and jails to deal with domestic abuse. I'm not saying it's not serious...only that the NFL should stick to policing football.
That's in the spirit of what was asked. It isn't a question of which one is worse in some global sense, it's which one should the league do more about.

The reason for the poll is the whole Rice 2 games vs Brady's 4 and it seems like a ridiculous comparison to me given that one happened outside of the game and was only punished after public outcry as it was, vs something that happened in the game itself and what the league punishment system is there to primarily address anyway.

Go ahead an add on to civil/criminal things if the league feels it needs to, but concentrate on the things that are actually under your rules and enforcing those harder. Just makes sense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not be aware, but we actually do have a criminal justice system in this country.
Ferguson and Baltimore are aware of that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they need to take it more seriously.

That doesn't mean they dont take cheating seriously
Those two things are not mutually inclusive.

DV can be both a more heinous crime against humanity AND the league can not punish it as much as cheating.

The NFL FO isn't there to police the world, they are there to promote and protect the game of football. Let me say that again, promote and PROTECT the game of football.

It is the only body that can do anything about cheating or otherwise violating league rules. It is by far not only not the only body that can do something about crimes, but is not the best body to address them.

I would argue Rice had anger management and other repercussions from his incident beyond what the league handed down.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of truth to what you are saying. I guess your personal situation in terms of employment will certainly make opinions vary. At my job, people have been terminated on the spot for trouble with the law outside of work. The difference at my job, is you are required to represent the company in a professional manner at all times. In addition, my job is more in the public eye. Not to the level of the NFL, but certainly in the local community.

Although bad behavior does not directly affect the game, it does indirectly effect the image of the game which is still damaging to the league. When you sign up to be a professional athlete, it should be written in the employee handbook, like it is at my job, you are required to stay out of trouble with the law. If you cannot stay out of legal trouble the punishment could lead to fines, suspension or termination of employment.

In my line of work, unless it's a serious crime involving death, attempted death, kidnapping, or something in that realm, you won't lose your job. The union will back till you are convicted of a serious felony. Now, if you get a DUI & lose you CDL, bye-bye.

I've said this before, I am a foreman & my brother works in HR for the company. We see a lot "stuff" that people do which results in them "getting a pass".

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two things are not mutually inclusive.

DV can be both a more heinous crime against humanity AND the league can not punish it as much as cheating.

The NFL FO isn't there to police the world, they are there to promote and protect the game of football. Let me say that again, promote and PROTECT the game of football.

It is the only body that can do anything about cheating or otherwise violating league rules. It is by far not only not the only body that can do something about crimes, but is not the best body to address them.

I would argue Rice had anger management and other repercussions from his incident beyond what the league handed down.

They can't say it's a non-football problem and let it go at that. They can't hide from the world either.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't say it's a non-football problem and let it go at that. They can't hide from the world either.
I said "as much as". Nowhere have I said don't hand out any punishment for off the field activities. I simply asked if you evaluate them both the same way. No offense, but it really is almost purely homer pats fans whining over Rice originally getting only 2 games while Brady gets 4. It's really stupid to posit that this means the league thinks tampering with balls is worse to society than beating your wife. The league has to come down hard on cheating and other violation of it's own rules. It doesn't have to come down as hard on things not covered by their own rules.