• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wife beater or cheater

What should the NFL punish stronger?

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make the call (loved those commercials back in the day)

Should the NFL punish players more for morally outrageous things they do outside of the game vs maybe more minor things they do directly to the game such as cheating?

Is it the NFL's job to publicly discipline it's players where the courts fail to do so, or enough of, outside of the game for those transgressions?

Or should their punishments be stronger for things they do that directly have impact on the game such as PED's, bountygate, ball tampering even if those are less heinous?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is this a poll?

ones a black eye on society. one isnt...at..all.

im actually slightly offended by this as someone who grew up in a home riddled with domestic abuse.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cheating. To actively circumvent the rules and alter the on field product is worse than things going on off the field. Much like at work, I'd prefer they not bug me about my personal life so long as I show up and do what I'm supposed to. If I do something at work that is detrimental to the company I believe that deserves a more severe punishment.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cheating. To actively circumvent the rules and alter the on field product is worse than things going on off the field. Much like at work, I'd prefer they not bug me about my personal life so long as I show up and do what I'm supposed to. If I do something at work that is detrimental to the company I believe that deserves a more severe punishment.
and if i got caught selling drugs outside of work, i also lose my job.

i cant believe this is a question lol

"whats worse? punching your infant son in the face or letting 1 psi out of a football?" "i say the football!"

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"whats worse? punching your infant son in the face or letting 1 psi out of a football?" "i say the football!"
This is exactly why this is a poll.

The NFL should NOT be in the job of serving as a justice system for things not related to that which they are charged with. At least not as a primary role. The NFL is the ONLY place cheating can be dealt with. The courts are where the rest of that belongs.

Again, I didn't say do nothing to the worst of those, I said which is their higher priority and which should be dealt with more severally. Cheating, and it's not even close.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You also go to jail so it's a moot point, the courts make the decision for your employer.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to toss a coin between bacon wrapped bacon and cheating... cheating won the vote .. as far as what happens off the field its not the leagues concern .. some times ya just gotta show your bitch that your the boss

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is this a poll?

ones a black eye on society. one isnt...at..all.

im actually slightly offended by this as someone who grew up in a home riddled with domestic abuse.
Because the poll is asking if it's ok to beat your wife? :L

No one is suggesting people should get away with it. The courts should be doing a lot more about it, but that's not the NFL's responsibility nor their primary role.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be cheating because it involves the game. Wife beating is none of the NFL's business.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick one I would say cheating because it messes with the integrity of the actual game. However domestic violence, etc. Should be treated just as strictly. If you get in trouble with the law, you need to suffer the consequences at work. That's the way the real world works.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick one I would say cheating because it messes with the integrity of the actual game. However domestic violence, etc. Should be treated just as strictly. If you get in trouble with the law, you need to suffer the consequences at work. That's the way the real world works.
We have people in my company who have gone to jail on domestic violence that had nothing done to them at all in terms of their jobs. Cheat/steal at work and you are out the door. That's how the real world works, but the NFL isn't the real world.

They should take a stand on it. Doing so sends a message that may help prevent violence elsewhere. It's a useful tool that provides value.

But this continued comparison of Rice first getting 2 games and Brady getting 4 is a complete and utter fucking joke. Period. It is in NO way saying which is worse than the other in terms of impact on society. It is saying which one the NFL has the primary responsibility to penalize. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have people in my company who have gone to jail on domestic violence that had nothing done to them at all in terms of their jobs. Cheat/steal at work and you are out the door. That's how the real world works, but the NFL isn't the real world.

They should take a stand on it. Doing so sends a message that may help prevent violence elsewhere. It's a useful tool that provides value.

But this continued comparison of Rice first getting 2 games and Brady getting 4 is a complete and utter fucking joke. Period. It is in NO way saying which is worse than the other in terms of impact on society. It is saying which one the NFL has the primary responsibility to penalize. Nothing more, nothing less.
and ive had people here let go for domestic abuse.

employment at will, look it up.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL doesn't punish players for domestic violence. It punishes players for the PR damage sustained by the league due to the domestic violence incident(s).

Up until recently, there wasn't any real punishment for domestic violence because there was no real PR damage. Then people saw a video...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plenty of truth to what you are saying. I guess your personal situation in terms of employment will certainly make opinions vary. At my job, people have been terminated on the spot for trouble with the law outside of work. The difference at my job, is you are required to represent the company in a professional manner at all times. In addition, my job is more in the public eye. Not to the level of the NFL, but certainly in the local community.

Although bad behavior does not directly affect the game, it does indirectly effect the image of the game which is still damaging to the league. When you sign up to be a professional athlete, it should be written in the employee handbook, like it is at my job, you are required to stay out of trouble with the law. If you cannot stay out of legal trouble the punishment could lead to fines, suspension or termination of employment.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL doesn't punish players for domestic violence. It punishes players for the PR damage sustained by the league due to the domestic violence incident(s).

Up until recently, there wasn't any real punishment for domestic violence because there was no real PR damage. Then people saw a video...
yea

same with a football deflated by 1 psi. no one cared til brady did it.

bam!

giphy.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of truth to what you are saying. I guess your personal situation in terms of employment will certainly make opinions vary. At my job, people have been terminated on the spot for trouble with the law outside of work. The difference at my job, is you are required to represent the company in a professional manner at all times. In addition, my job is more in the public eye. Not to the level of the NFL, but certainly in the local community.

Although bad behavior does not directly affect the game, it does indirectly effect the image of the game which is still damaging to the league. When you sign up to be a professional athlete, it should be written in the employee handbook, like it is at my job, you are required to stay out of trouble with the law. If you cannot stay out of legal trouble the punishment could lead to fines, suspension or termination of employment.
employment at will.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea

same with a football deflated by 1 psi. no one cared til brady did it.

bam!

giphy.gif

Someone apparently cared about fake crowd noise being pumped into a stadium. You just don't hear about that story anymore because the someone stood up, took responsibility and apologized.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone apparently cared about fake crowd noise being pumped into a stadium. You just don't hear about that story anymore because the someone stood up, took responsibility and apologized.
the colts?

they never stood up and that game was years ago!

liar!