• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why you should believe Brady is actually innocent

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than simply dropping by to gloat, I thought I'd offer some facts and logic while I was here.

Everybody now knows, or should know:
  • The NFL's investigation and discipline of Brady were both inept and corrupt.
  • Public opinion has been significantly swayed by various NFL lies, and so "gut feels" about Brady's guilt should not be relied on.
If we stop there, we've only raised doubts as to Brady's guilt, without doing much to show his actual innocence. So let's continue onward.

1. Despite enormous efforts to implicate Brady, there has never been a coherent theory as to how the supposed cheating occurred. For example:
  • Supposedly, a big tip-off to the cheating was an underinflated ball intercepted in Indianapolis.
  • Supposedly, the cheating was done by McNally, who never worked road games.
  • Supposedly, the cheating on the day of the AFCC was specifically done in the hallway bathroom.
  • Supposedly, this was the first time McNally ever took footballs into the hallway bathroom.
The alleged plan doesn't remotely hang together.

2. ALL evidence of McNally's or Jastremski's involvement in deflation is a few text messages earlier than the 2014-2015 season. But in October, 2014, Brady was furiously telling Jastremski (and by implication McNally) to ensure that the balls were inflated according to the rulebook. There is no possible timeline to connect the very, very few pieces of evidence.

3. McNally or Jastremski could have made a LOT of money selling a confessional story to the tabloids. They didn't do so. This strongly suggests that in fact they had nothing to confess.

And by the way, Jonathan Kraft just said that he's going to ask the league for permission to reinstate them in their jobs. So it's not as if somebody has paid them off to disappear.

Summing up:
  • Nobody discovered a plan to cheat.
  • Nobody even described a plan to cheat that fits the evidence.
  • There was no plan to cheat.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tl;dr

Tom Brady cheated.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
real-flies-on-shit.jpg
Thread fills up with gloating, pompous Pats fans in 3... 2... 1...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than simply dropping by to gloat, I thought I'd offer some facts and logic while I was here.

Everybody now knows, or should know:
  • The NFL's investigation and discipline of Brady were both inept and corrupt.
  • Public opinion has been significantly swayed by various NFL lies, and so "gut feels" about Brady's guilt should not be relied on.
If we stop there, we've only raised doubts as to Brady's guilt, without doing much to show his actual innocence. So let's continue onward.

1. Despite enormous efforts to implicate Brady, there has never been a coherent theory as to how the supposed cheating occurred. For example:
  • Supposedly, a big tip-off to the cheating was an underinflated ball intercepted in Indianapolis.
  • Supposedly, the cheating was done by McNally, who never worked road games.
  • Supposedly, the cheating on the day of the AFCC was specifically done in the hallway bathroom.
  • Supposedly, this was the first time McNally ever took footballs into the hallway bathroom.
The alleged plan doesn't remotely hang together.

2. ALL evidence of McNally's or Jastremski's involvement in deflation is a few text messages earlier than the 2014-2015 season. But in October, 2014, Brady was furiously telling Jastremski (and by implication McNally) to ensure that the balls were inflated according to the rulebook. There is no possible timeline to connect the very, very few pieces of evidence.

3. McNally or Jastremski could have made a LOT of money selling a confessional story to the tabloids. They didn't do so. This strongly suggests that in fact they had nothing to confess.

And by the way, Jonathan Kraft just said that he's going to ask the league for permission to reinstate them in their jobs. So it's not as if somebody has paid them off to disappear.

Summing up:
  • Nobody discovered a plan to cheat.
  • Nobody even described a plan to cheat that fits the evidence.
  • There was no plan to cheat.
dude

he asked them to break a very insignificant rule, but a rule none the less

the nfl started losing its case as soon as they called it a "conspiracy to cheat"...and THATS what you are referring to...the conspiracy, not the act itself. the judge kept saying "there is no evidence of a conspiracy".

he had air taken out of the balls. just own it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT this point Brady winning his case has nothing to do with whether he cheated or not. That is not what was decided. WE maybe never will know...

Now some other facts though. Brady destroyed his phone on the day that he was asked to hand it over. Not a clear sign he is guilty but not exactly the best thing for a guy that is innocent to do.

Pretty quickly after the incident happened the Patriots suspended/fired the two guys found to be a part of this with Brady. Why fire them if nothing is wrong? Now you say they haven't sold their story to a tabloid but pretty sure Kraft has a lot more money than any of those tabloids could offer these guys. I would be very interested to see what has happened to the bank accounts of these guys or the off shore bank accounts they just possibly opened. Just because they haven't spilled the beans doesn't mean something didn't happen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady* was caught at the Mexican border after being accused of murder, and than denied committing the murder

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT this point Brady winning his case has nothing to do with whether he cheated or not. That is not what was decided. WE maybe never will know...

Now some other facts though. Brady destroyed his phone on the day that he was asked to hand it over. Not a clear sign he is guilty but not exactly the best thing for a guy that is innocent to do.

Pretty quickly after the incident happened the Patriots suspended/fired the two guys found to be a part of this with Brady. Why fire them if nothing is wrong? Now you say they haven't sold their story to a tabloid but pretty sure Kraft has a lot more money than any of those tabloids could offer these guys. I would be very interested to see what has happened to the bank accounts of these guys or the off shore bank accounts they just possibly opened. Just because they haven't spilled the beans doesn't mean something didn't happen.

Brady was never asked to hand his physical phone over. He was asked for the transcript of specific text messages.

I don't typically destroy my phone when getting a new one ( i still have a 7 year old flip phone) and I agree that this is suspect.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude

he asked them to break a very insignificant rule, but a rule none the less

the nfl started losing its case as soon as they called it a "conspiracy to cheat"...and THATS what you are referring to...the conspiracy, not the act itself. the judge kept saying "there is no evidence of a conspiracy".

he had air taken out of the balls. just own it.

This is why we love you, Rock.

And why we have such unabashed disdain for @Fencer

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was never asked to hand his physical phone over. He was asked for the transcript of specific text messages.

I don't typically destroy my phone when getting a new one ( i still have a 7 year old flip phone) and I agree that this is suspect.

Sorry I meant more that he was supposed to hand it to his lawyers for them to go through and pick what was pertinent to the case. It wasn't even handing it over to the investigators yet he still saw fit to destroy it. That to me is the most damning thing of why I think Brady is actually guilty in this case. Now I am one that doesn't think he deserved a 4-game suspension unless they found years of doing this and knowingly breaking the rules but for one game I think the fine would have been just fine.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a good possibility that these guys tampered with the balls after the fact. Maybe after getting chewed out by Brady for the over-inflated balls in the Jets game. They seemed to be POed at their prima-donna QB after that. Maybe Brady had some awareness that these guys were taking care of it but there's no evidence that he knew anything more than that or specified something more dastardly.

Yeah that's worth about a $25,000 fine

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to know why Robert Kraft gets away with firing these two family men when he's constantly spouting rhetoric about "class" and "integrity."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why Robert Kraft gets away with firing these two family men when he's constantly spouting rhetoric about "class" and "integrity."

"The Patriot Way!"

"Above reproach!"

"A higher standard!"

"The integrity of the game is very important!" - Tom Brady

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Okay.

Brady* probably doesn't even know who Robert Kraft is, right?

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Patriot Way!"

"Above reproach!"

"A higher standard!"

"The integrity of the game is very important!" - Tom Brady

Cheaters always prosper - The Patriot way

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have a plate of poutine, maybe some whale blubber...put on degrassi and relax.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gather you didn't bother reading my post to which your responded. Either that, or I used words too long for your pea brain to comprehend.