• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why white ?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel really sorry for Cousins if he were traded to the Jets.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wager though... RG3 and Pat White in the same backfield will happen.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wager though... RG3 and Pat White in the same backfield will happen.

Im beginning to think that's EXACTLY what is going to happen. The Shannys keeping the offense ahead of the bubble and creating a new twist for defenses. Wouldn't that be interesting.

Wasn't this done once or twice back in the day? How would they lineup if they chose to do that? Does the center snap to the same area? Or directly to the correct QB for that play?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say exactly how they'd do it. They could line him up in the backfield, the slot or out as a WR. They could run read option. with him as a RB. They could throw screen passes to him. They could throw backward laterals to him where he could either run with it or pass it himself. They could line RG3 and White up to where you don't know who will be snapped the ball. There's really a lot of possibilities with it.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely a head scratcher move..I wish we would just get rid of Pat White, I don't know if I want any part of Pat White.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I like that alot if they can execute it well. Would be a joy to watch the difficulty for defenses playing where's the ball.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what their reasons are. This group has turned around this team and have made it a contender. Every year we have seen some things happen and we have gone through this, "Why did they go and do that?" types of questions and wasted time on these boards talking about it. Everything so far has worked out, I just trust that this was done for the right reasons, and we might never find out, but I am not going to start blasting them yet. I am playing a wait and see card on this one.

Contender? We won the division last year because of RG3. Until we start putting together consecutive winning seasons, then I will admit we have turned around this team. Griffin was magnificent last season and likely played MVP type football even though the pundents didn't want to admit a rookie had done so. With his play, Pat White didn't deserve to make this team however, Minnifield did so. Also, keeping one FB on your team is flirting with disaster imo. I don't believe our TE's can do an effective enough job as a primary FB can do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contender? We won the division last year because of RG3. Until we start putting together consecutive winning seasons, then I will admit we have turned around this team. Griffin was magnificent last season and likely played MVP type football even though the pundents didn't want to admit a rookie had done so. With his play, Pat White didn't deserve to make this team however, Minnifield did so. Also, keeping one FB on your team is flirting with disaster imo. I don't believe our TE's can do an effective enough job as a primary FB can do.

niles paul can , and i agree with you on white

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a contender if you believe what has been said on this board. I have seen a lot of post that say that KC is good and would be only a couple of wins less then with RG3. We have a good defense, a good Running attack, and a good receiving core. With a good QB we can be in the playoffs, with RG3 we have a chance at the Conference finals. Any fan would love to be in the position that we have. A true chance at going to the dance, not just a wish.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a contender if you believe what has been said on this board. I have seen a lot of post that say that KC is good and would be only a couple of wins less then with RG3. We have a good defense, a good Running attack, and a good receiving core. With a good QB we can be in the playoffs, with RG3 we have a chance at the Conference finals. Any fan would love to be in the position that we have. A true chance at going to the dance, not just a wish.

:agree: we are a true contender for the division title and the playoffs

now we have to back it up on the field

nano5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if part of the reason to keep White was to avoid the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles from signing him and grilling him for our playbook and/or to simulate RG3. This is just something that I haven't seen mentioned.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if part of the reason to keep White was to avoid the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles from signing him and grilling him for our playbook and/or to simulate RG3. This is just something that I haven't seen mentioned.

i cant see wasting a spot on the roster merely for that but i guess its possible for both the skins and their rivals :suds:

nano5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant see wasting a spot on the roster merely for that but i guess its possible for both the skins and their rivals :suds:

It may be a combination of Pat emulating Vick, Other Triple Option QBs we will face later on, keep him from helping prep other teams we face, emulate RG3 in practice, a backup to RG3 for the Triple Option incase of injury, possibly a really wierd play design or two utilizing both White and RG3. And possibly an easy to cut guy when the suspended players come back.