• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why white ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are some theories

you have a left handed mobile qb to simulate mike vick

possible trade partners in jets , bills and raiders (KC could be in play here or white himself )

you pull RG3 on read options situations and insert white

white is a professional hacker and has dug up dirt on the staff / owner

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple reasons to keep White, and trust me, i'm really tryin to understand this. Who keeps 4 QB's? The only reason to keep him is so we can practice against him. He can simulate running QB's. We don't play but one team I believe in first 8 that has this type QB. Perhaps they're keeping him solely for the Eagles game to prepare for Vick and will cut him after the game and bring back someone else, if they can't trade his ass. It's insane to keep 4 QB's on roster all year long. They are up to something. Insane. We let Williams go so this guy could seat on the bench. Insane.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ita either to simulate running QB's or they think they can fix his passing issues in which case he becomes a perfect backup for RG3 and we can deal Cousins to the highest bidder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple reasons to keep White, and trust me, i'm really tryin to understand this. Who keeps 4 QB's? The only reason to keep him is so we can practice against him. He can simulate running QB's. We don't play but one team I believe in first 8 that has this type QB. Perhaps they're keeping him solely for the Eagles game to prepare for Vick and will cut him after the game and bring back someone else, if they can't trade his ass. It's insane to keep 4 QB's on roster all year long. They are up to something. Insane. We let Williams go so this guy could seat on the bench. Insane.

a trade makes the only real sense or you keep white and deal/cut rex and call him if needed (if you dont trade him):L

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ita either to simulate running QB's or they think they can fix his passing issues in which case he becomes a perfect backup for RG3 and we can deal Cousins to the highest bidder.

You realize you just caused me to spew up some of my vodka and lemonade all over my screen.:gaah:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you just caused me to spew up some of my vodka and lemonade all over my screen.:gaah:

Why?? The only thing White actually lacks to run our offense is an arm. He can throw the short stuff, he can throw the medium stuff. And in the pistol, you are fucked if you ignore the chance that he could keep it and run. Fix his accuracy on the long ball, and teach him to actually read defenses, we dont have to have three separate game plans depending on which Qb is under center. Cause the RG3 playbook is different from the Cousins playbook, which is different from the sexy rexy playbook.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me sexy anyday of the week. Shark, we've known each other through these forums for a few years now... White was playing against 2 and 3rd stringers. Basically he was back in college. Yea, he looked good. Put him up against 1st teamers and I would imagine you would feel differently. Nah, they didn't keep Pat White to back up RG3 after KC is traded. At least I hope not. BTW, an arm ain't something you can teach. It's like asking Pavoratti...teach me to sing like you. Just don't work that way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? The only thing White actually lacks to run our offense is an arm. He can throw the short stuff, he can throw the medium stuff. And in the pistol, you are fucked if you ignore the chance that he could keep it and run. Fix his accuracy on the long ball, and teach him to actually read defenses, we dont have to have three separate game plans depending on which Qb is under center. Cause the RG3 playbook is different from the Cousins playbook, which is different from the sexy rexy playbook.

look white has been gone for 3 years so reading defenses , staring down wrs , using proper footwork on deep balls or anticipating routes all can be fixed by good coaching

i just didnt think we had the time to teach him that at the expense of a chase minnifield

i see both sides of this but i think there is something in the works

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the move. Practicing for Vick isn't really a good reason IMO. They've been preparing for the Eagles all offseason. Not like they are just now starting to prepare for the Eagles and Vick. To keep a player on the 53 man roster for that purpose doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That's what the practice squad is for.

Either way, I expect that White will be cut when they need to make room for Jenkins, Rob Jackson and then potentially Tanard.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look white has been gone for 3 years so reading defenses , staring down wrs , using proper footwork on deep balls or anticipating routes all can be fixed by good coaching

i just didnt think we had the time to teach him that at the expense of a chase minnifield

i see both sides of this but i think there is something in the works

White never really had the ability to read defenses to begin with. He's always been a guy to stare down WRs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White never really had the ability to read defenses to begin with. He's always been a guy to stare down WRs.

look i didnt see him with the dolphins so i wont make that call yet

i didnt see a lot of him at WVA either so i can only trust your judgement .

i think its correctable

but i dont like the move either . sometimes you can out think yourself

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory serves me correct, Rex only suited up after RG3 went down last year. To keep 4 QB's on the roster has me scratching my head. Either Cousins is closer to getting traded than we thought or....hell, I don't know what the hell is going on so I'll just have to wait for an official explanation.

Guess we'll see if White sticks around after the Mon night game...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory serves me correct, Rex only suited up after RG3 went down last year. To keep 4 QB's on the roster has me scratching my head. Either Cousins is closer to getting traded than we thought or....hell, I don't know what the hell is going on so I'll just have to wait for an official explanation.

Guess we'll see if White sticks around after the Mon night game...

it has to be a trade in the works with either KC , rex , or white in play

there is no reason to keep 4 qbs

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets were supposedly looking to trade for Cousins both before and after he hurt his foot. I don't know if this is still something that the Jets were considering, but Rex Ryan totally fooooked p in drafting Geno Smith, and it would be a "save my SS," kind of trade.

Hopefully involving multiple high picks....:charlie::charlie:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, but even a trade of Cousins doesnt warrant keeping White on roster at this time. By most accounts here, he wouldnt have gotten picked up any way. Its quite possible the coaches did see something in him they like. that or Cousins foot is worse than they are letting on. And just keeping a QB for four weeks isnt logical unless you are hedging your bets for another injured QB.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hedging bets and that cousins' foot needs a few more weeks. Pat can't go on the PS, they're hoping minnifield will end there and pat is good practice for the Eagles and good QB insurance in the short term. Can't see him being here after suspensions are over. If we're real lucky they'll get a trade for him.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what their reasons are. This group has turned around this team and have made it a contender. Every year we have seen some things happen and we have gone through this, "Why did they go and do that?" types of questions and wasted time on these boards talking about it. Everything so far has worked out, I just trust that this was done for the right reasons, and we might never find out, but I am not going to start blasting them yet. I am playing a wait and see card on this one.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what their reasons are. This group has turned around this team and have made it a contender. Every year we have seen some things happen and we have gone through this, "Why did they go and do that?" types of questions and wasted time on these boards talking about it. Everything so far has worked out, I just trust that this was done for the right reasons, and we might never find out, but I am not going to start blasting them yet. I am playing a wait and see card on this one.

Def hard to speculate. The thought that KC foot is actually worse than they're letting on is a rosey ruse to think about. However, even if this was the case cutting White doesn't let that cat out of the bag. Trading Cousins is absolutely out of the question this year giving the nature of RG3. I believe he won't be on this team long. They have a plan of something and like FLSkin says, it's no use speculating, but this is a forum.:noidea:

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they were trying to shop White. I would imagine other teams wanted to wait to see if the Redskins would cut him. I still think they are looking to trade him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they were trying to shop White. I would imagine other teams wanted to wait to see if the Redskins would cut him. I still think they are looking to trade him.

it has to be a trade . or an attempted one