• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Westbrook won't (and shouldn't) win MVP

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook just seems like one of those guys who, for whatever reason, is always seen through black-tinted glasses. I don't get it.

For every Durant or Chris Paul who are always seen through rose-tinted glasses... there's a Westbrook who is always seen through black-tinted glasses.

Westbrook was my favorite player in the league- (now hes #2 to Kyrie)- for a long time- even years back- and just a few years back A LOT of people were on his back- WHICH WAS RIDICULOUS. Right now RW is what?26 years old? He has really just hit his prime -

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is playing with about 5 dudes who could be all-stars. He has a ridiculous supporting cast.
GSW would win 50 games without him.

Harden is playing with nobody essentially since Howard missed 2 months and is fighting for the 3 seed.
Houston would be a mediocre mess without him and unlikely to finish above .500.

Westbrook is playing with nobody (since KD took this year off) and is fighting for the 8 seed.
OKC would be the #1 pick in the 2015 draft without him.
Why are people acting like MVPs havent won with great support? And no, this Warriors team wouldnt win 50 games in the western conference. Any time the bench or the role players have played like crap, Kerr has the luxury of telling Steph do your thing. Whats been consistent throughout the season is the Warriors defense (and the same can be said of the Rockets and lets not act like we should credit Harden for that).
Hardens teammates have actually played well offensively without Harden and Harden aint jackshit without the help of the refs. Not going to knock him for earlier in the season but after All Star break, hes been playing like shit or waiting for whistles to bail his sorry ass out.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say that Scott Brooks is an asshole for not letting WB out again? I understand if it was the 4th qtr but getting back even if you're back 30 pts is doable for WB

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is garbage this year. Can't believe people had him as a top 5 PG before the season just because of what his team accomplished… but Leonard? That dude is underrated as hell, he is one of the best two-way players in the NBA.

He might have a SportsHoopla account because he went HAM tonight...lol

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have a SportsHoopla account because he went HAM tonight...lol

That's the thing about Parker, he's been the best PG in the playoffs for several years in a row now. Regular season means very little.

Looks like you were right about Redick VS Farmar btw.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about Parker, he's been the best PG in the playoffs for several years in a row now. Regular season means very little.

Looks like you were right about Redick VS Farmar btw.

True about Tony and the Spurs Team in General.

Took JJ 2 Seasons. But, he's looking good.

But, outside of Lance Stephenson, Spencer Hawes has been the worst Free Agent pickup of the year.

That guy just went into the crapper as soon as he became a Clipper.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
james harden better win

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curry has a very good team around him. its not like he is carrying the team... harden is carrying a team!!!

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now hoping that Harden will win because people will watch the playoffs and realize how overrated he is without that FT line.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curry has a very good team around him. its not like he is carrying the team... harden is carrying a team!!!
This team that may go down with the 6th best NBA record of alltime? Oh yeah, let's dock Steph for that.

Klay Thompson said it best, this team is good without Steph but he makes this team elite.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now hoping that Harden will win because people will watch the playoffs and realize how overrated he is without that FT line.
The dude does shoot him some free throws.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team that may go down with the 6th best NBA record of alltime? Oh yeah, let's dock Steph for that.

Klay Thompson said it best, this team is good without Steph but he makes this team elite.
so by that definition curry isnt mvp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok, how about he doesn't win it and then the Thunder win a title? How about then? Just saying what he is doing has never been done before, you have to throw out the past.

Do you think that OKC can beat GS in a seven game series? I don't.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so by that definition curry isnt mvp
Dafuq, if Harden wins he should tell the refs "you da real mvp"

Curry is the most valuable player on the Warriors, what part of that don't you understand? Let's see how Harden looks on a team with a weak ass defense. Rockets defense has been so underrated this season it's ridiculous.

But I'll say it again, I HOPE Harden wins MVP because all those who voted for him will see how sorry he is without the whistles.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Westbrook is a great player, but he DOES have some pretty significant flaws. He's making just 42.6% of his FGs this year and he also leads the league in turnovers per game: 2014-15 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - Turnovers - National Basketball Association - ESPN

This is why I can't stand when people are so quick to had out MVPs because of raw stats. To hell with advanced stats or the W-L record.

But WB is a badass, I ain't mad at him. He just needs a better coach.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dafuq, if Harden wins he should tell the refs "you da real mvp"

Curry is the most valuable player on the Warriors, what part of that don't you understand? Let's see how Harden looks on a team with a weak ass defense. Rockets defense has been so underrated this season it's ridiculous.

But I'll say it again, I HOPE Harden wins MVP because all those who voted for him will see how sorry he is without the whistles.
curry is not the warriors mvp bogut is...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is playing with about 5 dudes who could be all-stars. He has a ridiculous supporting cast.
GSW would win 50 games without him.

Harden is playing with nobody essentially since Howard missed 2 months and is fighting for the 3 seed.
Houston would be a mediocre mess without him and unlikely to finish above .500.

Westbrook is playing with nobody (since KD took this year off) and is fighting for the 8 seed.
OKC would be the #1 pick in the 2015 draft without him.

What? LOL warriors playing with the same roster as last year that won 51 games. Maybe curry is not that good then?! They would not win 50 games without Steph curry LOLL