• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Westbrook won't (and shouldn't) win MVP

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be funny to see a former 3rd best player in Okc win it in Harden.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, hope, feel, Curry is gonna take it home.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... there is one glaring name missing from this thread about the current MVP race.

When LeBron doesn't play, the cavs win 17% of the time (worse than the Knicks)... when he does they win 70%.

Right now I give the edge to Curry... but LeBron is very much in this race, imo.

29z7m86.png

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) His team will finish no better than 7th in his conference. No player has won when their team wasn't top 4 in their conference since the late 80's if I'm correct.

2) Missed time. Usually MVP voting DOES factor in amount of games played if it's a close call and is often used as a tie-breaker if you will.

Those two things will hurt him and probably pull him to third behind Curry/Harden when it's all said and done.

Respect to him for what he's done though, this tear is just absolutely unreal and it's been fun to follow as a basketball fan.

I have never agreed with #1. For me I have always believed the MVP is the player that carries his team the most, regardless of the team record.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never agreed with #1. For me I have always believed the MVP is the player that carries his team the most, regardless of the team record.

It doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's how the voting is, has been, and always will be.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's how the voting is, has been, and always will be.
Yes, I know that and I agree, but you missed the point as usual. The argument was made as to why "Westbrook should not be the MVP" My response is why I think he should be the MVP. Most likely it will end up being someone less qualified merely because his team has more wins which only demonstrates what a worthless pile of crap that award is.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, Kobe would have gotten
I think, hope, feel, Curry is gonna take it home.

It's sort of wide open this year but he's having a great season. And the Warriors are winning at a better %, always a consideration.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know that and I agree, but you missed the point as usual. The argument was made as to why "Westbrook should not be the MVP" My response is why I think he should be the MVP. Most likely it will end up being someone less qualified merely because his team has more wins which only demonstrates what a worthless pile of crap that award is.

It's not like Curry and Harden are having mediocre seasons… I think Steph should and will win the award. He's been playing unreal basketball all season long and his team is in first place.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, Kobe would have gotten

It's sort of wide open this year but he's having a great season. And the Warriors are winning at a better %, always a consideration.

Not sure what happened there.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be funny to see a former 3rd best player in Okc win it in Harden.

I always wonder how good that team could've been if they stuck together. I feel like they could've gotten more for Harden, but that's all hindsight.

PurpleRain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is difficult.
Lebron is 4th in my opinion because he took that month off in the start of the season. Westbrook breaks his face only misses one game.
3rd Harden - The man is balling and the team is winning without Howard. Can't take anything away from him, except the fact that two guys are doing it better.
2nd Curry - Ask me 2 weeks ago he was the #1 - His team has the best record out the other MVP contestants. He is playing clean, score at a high FG percentage.. and is Big Time down the stretch of the game. Clutch.
1st - Westbrook - The man is a Triple Double Machine and wants to win more than anybody in the game. Nobody can stop him. nobody. He is just overall dominating the NBA right now. Averaging 40/10/10 against good defensive teams.
Westbrook - MVP

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Curry and Harden are having mediocre seasons… I think Steph should and will win the award. He's been playing unreal basketball all season long and his team is in first place.
There are several good candidates this year, but the debate or topic was about why WESBROOK SHOULD VS SHOULD NOT WIN THE MVP.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Westbrook has had an amazing season, but he's not quite an MVP, IMO. In fact, I think the Thunder are 14-19 without Durant,so Westbrook might not even be the most valuable player on this own TEAM.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ just wrapped it up last night.

You can't deny it.

He has, through his shortcomings, lifted this team to 10 games over .500. Triple-double after triple-double. This kind of play hasn't been seen since "His Airness" has played the game.

It's in the bag.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't deny it.

He has, through his shortcomings, lifted this team to 10 games over .500. Triple-double after triple-double. This kind of play hasn't been seen since "His Airness" has played the game.

It's in the bag.
I love watching WB but the guy can barely keep his team in the playoffs. And this is a Pelicans team who have had worse injuries during the season than OKC.

I've seen what KD has done without Westbrook and he can get it done. And thanks to yet another AD injury and a good ass whoopin from GS Friday, OKC has managed to hang on by a thread.

His raw stats and playing style is unreal, though. But, I've seen what Harden and his underrated support have done with injuries taken place all season and they've been able stay around 3rd or 4th seed. OKC on the other hand are just teetering out of the playoffs and nobody who is barely hanging on to 8th place have any business winning MVP, especially Westbrook who's efficiency and ball hoggery is hurting the team at times.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook has had an amazing season, but he's not quite an MVP, IMO. In fact, I think the Thunder are 14-19 without Durant,so Westbrook might not even be the most valuable player on this own TEAM.
To be fair, without WB, that team is probably in the bottom of the barrel. But I agree, Durant IS the MVP of that team. There's no doubt a healthy Durant would at least have this team in the 5th seed. At least.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't deny it.

It's in the bag.

I don't know if he wrapped it up. Be I think he took the lead in the conversation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching WB but the guy can barely keep his team in the playoffs. And this is a Pelicans team who have had worse injuries during the season than OKC.

I've seen what KD has done without Westbrook and he can get it done. And thanks to yet another AD injury and a good ass whoopin from GS Friday, OKC has managed to hang on by a thread.

His raw stats and playing style is unreal, though. But, I've seen what Harden and his underrated support have done with injuries taken place all season and they've been able stay around 3rd or 4th seed. OKC on the other hand are just teetering out of the playoffs and nobody who is barely hanging on to 8th place have any business winning MVP, especially Westbrook who's efficiency and ball hoggery is hurting the team at times.

Nonsense. You're holding against him the fact that the West is incredibly difficult. If OKC were in the East, they would be 1 game out of the 5 seed and 2 games out of the 4th seed. In fact, they'd only be 2.5 games from the 3 seed.