• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 1990s Nebraska teams could do it, but things have changed since then unfortunately. Nebraska cannot out physical teams anymore because you have physical athletes beyond what existed in 1990s.

ACC has some teams in the SEC region that could compete (Clemson, FSU, and Miami) but they have so many issues lately, that their seems to be a big game.

USC could beat SEC teams if they can develop a more physical defense. This USC's team is a joke and wishful thinking if any of you think they can hang with SEC defense. Some of Pete Carroll's teams would have been a great match-up.

Texas has a physical run game and plays a style that could give SEC teams trouble if there was a re-match and they caught a weaker SEC contender.

Other than that, I don't see a team that can beat the SEC. Perhaps Oregon, especially if the Ducks can find bigger players on D.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What makes the SEC so brutal is that there are 6 teams every year that can compete for National Titles and recruit the talent to:

Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
and Tennessee - Although the last 3-4 years with their coaching dilemmas have been an exception which is part of the reason Arkansas and USC have had success in their place.

Arkansas is a growing program and was a title contender at one-time in the Southwest Conference. However, with Petrino leaving, they may slide.

Texas A&M could rise into this category, especially with their nice recruiting bed. A&M was a bigger add for the SEC then people are giving them credit for.

Ole Miss had some title contending teams in the 1960s but they have gone the way of teams like Minnesota, Colorado, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. They are unlikely to climb that high again.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G cannot beat mid-majors and win lower tier bowls half the time. Wisconsin has lost back to back big-time bowls. Go away troll. B1G is lucky to even have a spot at the BCS table because the B1G is incapable of producing a legit national champion contender and everyone knows it.

If the SEC run ends it will be from an ACC team that has finally got their act together, Texas, or Pac12. No it won't be from OU because OU doesn't play a system that can win against upper SEC teams.

^^^ Now see this is the opposite end of the spectrum. This is that dude who everyone thinks of as a cartoon character. You really have no fucking clue you clown piece of shit. You are a joke.

I'm about to drop some real knowledge on you idiots who think college football consists of ten years and nothing else matters. You guys just carry on thinking the SEC is reigning champs and you will forever be dominant.

NO. We (Nebraska) fucking RAPED YOU. You can come kiss our feet. We literally consider you our bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team All-Time Rankings

(1) Alabama
(2) Notre Dame
(3) USC
(4) Oklahoma
(5) Michigan
(6) Ohio State
(7) Texas
(8) Nebraska
(9) LSU
(10) Tennessee
(11) Georgia
(12) Florida

(13) Miami
(14) Auburn
(15) Penn State
(16) Georgia Tech
(17) Minnesota
(18) Texas A&M
(19) Pittsburgh
(20) Washington
(21) Arkansas
(22) Michigan State
(23) FSU
(24) UCLA
(25) Illinois

No it isn't cyclical.

lol at counting a&m and arky.....how many of those games were won in the sec

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1990s Nebraska teams could do it, but things have changed since then unfortunately. Nebraska cannot out physical teams anymore because you have physical athletes beyond what existed in 1990s.

ACC has some teams in the SEC region that could compete (Clemson, FSU, and Miami) but they have so many issues lately, that their seems to be a big game.

USC could beat SEC teams if they can develop a more physical defense. This USC's team is a joke and wishful thinking if any of you think they can hang with SEC defense. Some of Pete Carroll's teams would have been a great match-up.

Texas has a physical run game and plays a style that could give SEC teams trouble if there was a re-match and they caught a weaker SEC contender.

Other than that, I don't see a team that can beat the SEC. Perhaps Oregon, especially if the Ducks can find bigger players on D.

yeah lets forget that texas was within a fg.....(The Alabama lead was only 24-21 with 6:15 left and all the momentum was in Texas' favor.) with garret fucking gilbert

and auburn beat the ducks by 3......

yup complete and utter dominance....no conference can compare

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lets forget that texas was within a fg.....(The Alabama lead was only 24-21 with 6:15 left and all the momentum was in Texas' favor.) with garret fucking gilbert

A) it was 24-21 with under 3 minutes to go

B) you are responding to a stupid poster that even team SEC fans hate.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) it was 24-21 with under 3 minutes to go

B) you are responding to a stupid poster that even SEC fans hate.

pasted from the article about the recap(i can see now it was written by an sec homer i guess)

2. im drunk and just got home

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^^^ Now see this is the opposite end of the spectrum. This is that dude who everyone thinks of as a cartoon character. You really have no fucking clue you clown piece of shit. You are a joke.

I'm about to drop some real knowledge on you idiots who think college football consists of ten years and nothing else matters. You guys just carry on thinking the SEC is reigning champs and you will forever be dominant.

NO. We (Nebraska) fucking RAPED YOU. You can come kiss our feet. We literally consider you our bitch.

How long ago was that game? You do know that NCAA football has changed tremendously since that game.

When was the last time Nebraska beat an SEC team btw?

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Huh? I gave Texas kudos in my argument if you had proper reading comprehension.

However a LOSS is a LOSS is a LOSS is a LOSS. Have fun with that thought. What has Texas done since that game?

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys make fun of the SEC bottom but here is some facts for you.

11 of the 12 SEC teams have finished in BCS final top 25. I know you are saying we are overrated well let's look at the accomplishments of SEC "bottom"

Ole Miss - In BCS era has beaten Nebraska and Oklahoma in bowl games. They beat OU the year before OU won the National Title. Ole Miss also beat the best Texas Tech team ever in the Cotton Bowl. Ole Miss recently had back to back 9-4 seasons which resulted in deservingly two BCS top 25 finishes.

Mississippi State - This team went 9-4 just two years ago and plummeled Michigan 52-14. MSU had a winning season this year despite a brutal schedule. MSU went 8-5 in 2008 with a win over Conf USA Champion UCF. MSU also had great seasons in 1998 (8-5 win SEC CG appearance) and 1999 (10-2 with bowl win over Clemson) including making the SEC CG in Atlanta in 1998. MSU also had a bowl win over Texas A&M in 2000. MSU hammered BYU at their place back when BYU was good in 2000.

Vanderbilt - This is the only team to not finish in BCS top 25. They have overall the worst record. Despite that they beat the ACC runner-up in a bowl game in 1998. They have also beat Auburn, Georgia, Wake Forest, Connecticut, Tennessee, and South Carolina recently. However, I will give you credit about Vandy being a bottom team.

Kentucky - People complain about their finish in BCS top 25 but they had back to back 8-5 seasons in 2006 and 2007 which lead to wins over Clemson and FSU which are basically the elite teams along with Va Tech in the ACC.

South Carolina - Whooped Ohio State in back to back bowl games. Beat Nebraska last year. Currently on a three game win streak over Clemson and has a winning overall record against Clemson in Spurrier's tenure. South Carolina went 11-2 and deservingly finished in the BCS top ten. USC had wins over Georgia, Florida, Clemson, and Nebraska last year.

See even our bottom can beat ELITE teams from your leagues (Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Clemson, Florida State)

Now list the accomplishments of the bottom feeders of your league.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska isn't Elite

Top ten all-time winning program and 3 National Titles in 1990s disagree with you. Even in their down period the last three years, they have done tremendously better than Iowa.

I do always appreciate your comments however HawkeyesRule because you are one of the more sensible B1G fans.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten all-time winning program and 3 National Titles in 1990s disagree with you. Even in their down period the last three years, they have done tremendously better than Iowa.

I do always appreciate your comments however HawkeyesRule because you are one of the more sensible B1G fans.

Nebraska sucks dude...just agree with me!!!!:tsk:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that, the SEC loses 1 to the NCG (last year 2). That bumps them all down for rankings.

Previously, I pulled together the tie-in numbers along with the number of teams and the SEC still had it "tougher" (i.e. #3 in a 10-team conference is technically a lower ranking than #3 in a 12-team conference).

Okay. That's nice and all. But I have to say....regardless of everything.....when you take overall head to head matchups against teams from BCS conferences, which I've done and posted on this site before, the SEC isn't as dominant as you all like think. And once again, you do have to take into consideration where these games are mostly being played. Even the NCGs.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also. Make fun of the B1G all you want. We might be top heavy. But since we all talk about playoffs like the top teams are all that matters, should I post the Cap 1 and Outback bowl results since 2000 again? Because we're really not doing all that badly against the SEC head to head. Take away Ohio State and we're practically dead even. :lol:

And I'd say that's probably why y'all are generally more obsessed with us than we are with you.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m54461_We-get-it-Youre-butt-hurt.jpg

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I am Ugs. That's why I created this threa....oh wait.