• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m016j3Rg5Y1qm4kb8.gif

Who is this homo? ^^^

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread title should read "Tennessee, SCar, Ole Miss, Mrs. State, Kentucky, and Vandypants aren't as great in football as you think"

What about Texas A&M and Missouri.

Now the Top schools in the SEC will play each other even FEWER Times during the year....

BTW - Look at Georgias Schedule this year. Who Couldnt Go Unbeaten with that?
Buffalo
At Missouri
FAU
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
At South Carolina
At Kentucky
Florida
Miss State
At Auburn
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech

They play 12 games and these are the 5 toughest
At South Carolina - Always a 50/50 game in rcent times
At Auburn - Tough game, though they should win
Florida - Georgia should stomp them but can never count on a win here.
At Missouri - Kinda sad this is the 4th toughest game.
Vanderbilt - Yes, Vanderbilt is there 5th toughest game, though Tenn and GT could be here as well.

Where are Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas (3 of the 4 best SEC team this year, with Georgia being the other one)?

Does ANY School in the Nation not play the 3 toughest in Conference Schools this year????

And this will only get worse as the years go by and the SEC is too cowardly to schedule a 9th conference game.

EDIT: For the Record, I like Georgia and have been REAL Impressed with their scheduling of late, so this is NOT a Knock on Georgia AT ALL. But in the way the SEC schedules their Conference games!!

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Texas A&M and Missouri.

Now the Top schools in the SEC will play each other even FEWER Times during the year....

BTW - Look at Georgias Schedule this year. Who Couldnt Go Unbeaten with that?
Buffalo
At Missouri
FAU
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
At South Carolina
At Kentucky
Florida
Miss State
At Auburn
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech

They play 12 games and these are the 5 toughest
At South Carolina - Always a 50/50 game in rcent times
At Auburn - Tough game, though they should win
Florida - Georgia should stomp them but can never count on a win here.
Vanderbilt - Yes, Vanderbilt is there 5th toughest game, though Tenn and GT could be here as well.

Where are Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas (3 of the 4 best SEC team this year, with Georgia being the other one)?

Does ANY School in the Nation not play the 3 toughest in Conference Schools this year????

And this will only get worse as the years go by and the SEC is too cowardly to schedule a 9th conference game.

I don't consider them part of the SEC, just like I won't consider Pitt and Syracuse a part of the ACC. I for one HATE the idea of 9 conference games; it's going to destroy our OOC scheduling (already locked into one with SCar and we typically play an in-state FCS school to bolster their finances) with already shitty competition that we obviously don't take seriously because we can't beat them on a consistent basis.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider them part of the SEC, just like I won't consider Pitt and Syracuse a part of the ACC. I for one HATE the idea of 9 conference games; it's going to destroy our OOC scheduling (already locked into one with SCar and we typically play an in-state FCS school to bolster their finances) with already shitty competition that we obviously don't take seriously because we can't beat them on a consistent basis.

It hasnt killed the Pac 12 OOC schedules. Or the Big 12 (not like they were ever great at it).

What it will do is KILL Inflated Records.

Georgia could win the SEC and NOT play Alabama AND LSU.

I hope you are not saying Georgia vs. Buffalo is more watchable than Georgia vs Alabama?

How does playing some Chump in OOC for the 4th OOC game beat Alabama vs. Georgia. Florida vs Auburn. LSU vs South Carolina?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasnt killed the Pac 12 OOC schedules. Or the Big 12 (not like they were ever great at it).

What it will do is KILL Inflated Records.

Georgia could win the SEC and NOT play Alabama AND LSU.

I hope you are not saying Georgia vs. Buffalo is more watchable than Georgia vs Alabama?

How does playing some Chump in OOC for the 4th OOC game beat Alabama vs. Georgia. Florida vs Auburn. LSU vs South Carolina?

The SEC is not changing their soft OOC schedules until the landscape dictates they have to. Right now, they don't have any incentive to play tough games outside the conference; I'm betting that changes after '14 though.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is not changing their soft OOC schedules until the landscape dictates they have to. Right now, they don't have any incentive to play tough games outside the conference; I'm betting that changes after '14 though.

I am not talking about upgrading their OOC schedule.

I am talking about Adding these games at the expense of one of their Div1AA games.

Alabama vs Georgia
Auburn vs Florida
South Carolina vs. LSU
Missouri vs. Arkansas
Texas A&M vs. Tennessee
Kentucky vs. Ole Miss
Miss State vs. Vanderbilt

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your expectations are really high for SOS. USC is known for losing to weak teams and not the strong teams anyways. Its not like other teams can't share the same fate.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about upgrading their OOC schedule.

I am talking about Adding these games at the expense of one of their Div1AA games.

Alabama vs Georgia
Auburn vs Florida
South Carolina vs. LSU
Missouri vs. Arkansas
Texas A&M vs. Tennessee
Kentucky vs. Ole Miss
Miss State vs. Vanderbilt

I was disappointed that shit changed and we don't get to play UGA this season, it's always a fun game to watch.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the 4th year in a row Georgia has dodged Alabama. This is the third year in a row they dodge LSU, in the regular season.

Can you imagine Nebraska dodging Texas and OU for 3 or 4 years in conference Play? Well that is what is going on in the SEC.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been hanging out with your retarded brother too much. You guys are starting to become hard to tell apart.

Once again, what does Virginia Tech have to do with the SEC "Yay Conference!" circle jerk perpetuated mostly by the teams who are hangers on, like Georgia.

Another, unfunny meme or gif? Really juice?
and you're taking this wayyyyyy too srsly
jttfb.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you probably don't take this seriously because you guys are troll but I think Tennessee will be a tough outing for Georgia every year.

USCDoom you troll the SEC so much but you have to realize that even teams in the SEC that appear bad to you, UF and TN for example last year still had better recruiting classes and talents than anyone in the Pac12 not named USC or Oregon.

If you want to cry about overrated, how about Ohio State at 18 when Florida beat them in the bowl game and they went 6-7 or about Oklahoma being in top 4 when they lost 3 games.

Also the Pac12 Champion has lost to an SEC team for two straight years so I would go shut up and sit in a corner.

As for ACC losers in this board, the fact that there have been years where both your ACC Champion game contenders have lost to SEC teams before the game says enough.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at all the haters AND the circle jerk. Fuck AWburn, Fuck Bama, Fuck Florida, Fuck Georgia, and finally Fuck all those who dont think the SEC is the toughest. Geaux Tigas!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been posting KV?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at all the haters AND the circle jerk. Fuck AWburn, Fuck Bama, Fuck Florida, Fuck Georgia, and finally Fuck all those who dont think the SEC is the toughest. Geaux Tigas!

Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck.....

Your face.

:D :hug:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JEFFERSON-BUTTHURT.gif