• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 'as great as you think', I just know that SEC is King.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not even the article claimed that they weren't the best conference.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the SEC is probably the best conference, top to bottom right now. However, I do agree with the article. ESPiN is pumping up their product.
Five in the top 5? Very questionable.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about another point, though. Is it just a coincidence that not one of you SEC fans actually read the article before you started yapping about it? Or is it just that you enjoy proving stereotypes? :D

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 'as great as you think', I just know that SEC is King.

Let's talk about another point, though. Is it just a coincidence that not one of you SEC fans actually read the article before you started yapping about it? Or is it just that you enjoy proving stereotypes? :D

I read it the other night, and I meant what I said in the post. Success in football is cyclical, for programs and sometimes conferences. The SEC is having a nice run.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UGA won the SEC in 2002 and 2005 and they have had top ten teams in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2011. I saw they have EARNED the right to brag about the SEC.

Yes, they haven't won an NCAA title but that is easier said then done. Wisconsin hasn't sniffed a title here so I don't think Badger fans have any right to question UGA.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry I ruined all the SEC haters in this threads with facts and list of actual results.

Also B1G is top heavy but the top isn't that good as indicated in the matchups, Ohio State has even been dominated by bottom feeders in SEC such as South Carolina in back to back years and a 6-6 Florida team.

Michigan was raped just two years ago by Mississippi State.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference pride is one of the dumbest things in sports, IMO. I am a fan of my team and screw the rest. That contrived pride is even worse when it comes from a fan of an also-an in that conference.

Root for your team, idiots......

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA won the SEC in 2002 and 2005 and they have had top ten teams in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2011. I saw they have EARNED the right to brag about the SEC.

Yes, they haven't won an NCAA title but that is easier said then done. Wisconsin hasn't sniffed a title here so I don't think Badger fans have any right to question UGA.

I didn't say anything about UGA's record, dumbshit. Try to read a little more carefully.

Sorry I ruined all the SEC haters in this threads with facts and list of actual results.

Also B1G is top heavy but the top isn't that good as indicated in the matchups, Ohio State has even been dominated by bottom feeders in SEC such as South Carolina in back to back years and a 6-6 Florida team.

Michigan was raped just two years ago by Mississippi State.

So you use two examples when I listed the two premier bowl matchups that the SEC and B1G have against each other? Go back a few pages. Get caught up on the thread. And then come back here and try having an educated opinion instead of just sounding like a fuck stick. Yes. The SEC has the upper hand lately. But they are far from "dominating" us. And neither Ohio State or Michigan were even top 3 in the conference when they lost those games to SCAR. EDUCATE YOURSELF.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That article is trash and makes absolutely no sense. He talks about OOC schedule, LSU spanked the Pac12 and Big East Champion last year DURING THE REGULAR SEASON.

Alabama has spanked a good OOC team every year except for the first year Saban was there.

Also your link doesn't go to the original article, it goes to your list of mid-tier bowl games which is ridiculous.

SEC has the best Winning percentage OOC in BCS era
SEC has the best Bowl Winning percentage in BCS era
SEC has the most BCS wins in BCS era
SEC has the most BCS national titles in BCS era
SEC has the best BCS winning percentage in BCS era

What else do we have to do to prove our dominace? Also even before BCS era, most websites, including CFBDatawarehouse considered the SEC to be the strongest conference ALL-TIME.

Do you get that? That includes more than the recent run.

Also if you had a clue and were older than 20, you would realize that Wisconsin is very much a johnny come lately team just like Oregon. So talking about the past would not be a good idea for you.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article is trash and makes absolutely no sense. He talks about OOC schedule, LSU spanked the Pac12 and Big East Champion last year DURING THE REGULAR SEASON.

Alabama has spanked a good OOC team every year except for the first year Saban was there.

Also your link doesn't go to the original article, it goes to your list of mid-tier bowl games which is ridiculous.

SEC has the best Winning percentage OOC in BCS era
SEC has the best Bowl Winning percentage in BCS era
SEC has the most BCS wins in BCS era
SEC has the most BCS national titles in BCS era
SEC has the best BCS winning percentage in BCS era

What else do we have to do to prove our dominace? Also even before BCS era, most websites, including CFBDatawarehouse considered the SEC to be the strongest conference ALL-TIME.

Do you get that? That includes more than the recent run.

Also if you had a clue and were older than 20, you would realize that Wisconsin is very much a johnny come lately team just like Oregon. So talking about the past would not be a good idea for you.

:lol: Awwwwwww.... Umad bro? You must be if you're trying to get under my skin with the Wisconsin thing. Sorry, but I use Stassen all the time. I think you're full of shit. And once again, you fail to understand the difference between the best and "dominance."

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thread says nothing about dominance, it says SEC isn't as Great as it thinks. You guys never give up on facts.

I don't even really have to argue with you, I just post facts and I win because your team and your league hasn't done jack in forever. You have to back to the black and white television days (maybe even further) for the last time the B1G was an elite league.

That is sad.

Notre Dame is a perfect candidate to join your league, although they should rename the entire league to the "Expendables" or the "Has-Beens" lmfao.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree the SEC Championship run will end. Likely soon. However, the real question is when will the B1G Championship draught end? I say never. Well perhaps in 20 years.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the SEC schools have never done anything of note the last 40 years.

Lets use the last 40 years (I just used 15 and 30).
Vanderbilt
10 Win Seasons = None
9 Win Seasons = None
8 Win Seasons = 1 (1982)
Top 10 Finishes = None
Last Major Bowl = None

Miss State
10 Win Seasons = 1 (1999)
Top 10 Finishes = None
Last Major Bowl = None

Ole Miss
10 Win Seasons = 1 (2003)