• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Awwwwwww.... Umad bro? You must be if you're trying to get under my skin with the Wisconsin thing. Sorry, but I use Stassen all the time. I think you're full of shit. And once again, you fail to understand the difference between the best and "dominance."

Just to be clear you don't actually think Wisconsin has been dominant do you?

Because never in the history of Wisconsin football have they been dominant.

Wisconsin's best team of all time didn't even win their bowl game. Win 9 games this year and I will be shocked.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear you don't actually think Wisconsin has been dominant do you?

Because never in the history of Wisconsin football have they been dominant.

Wisconsin's best team of all time didn't even win their bowl game. Win 9 games this year and I will be shocked.

LOL!!! Wut?! Are you really so butthurt that you have actually begun to imagine things? Find a post where I even faintly alluded to Wisconsin's dominance. At no point have I made an argument that anyone is dominant. I have to say, dude, I don't think you're mentally stable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fun thread.

1. Kansas St fans chanting SEC is great because they got Arkansas last year and lost. Mizzou followed the exact same blueprint that K State laid out to become relevant so Im not really sure why they think they can clown.

2. SEC is clearly the top division because they generally get the best recruits and generally get the best results.

3. In regards to Mizzou, I believe our SEC hype is there to lower everyone's expectations for next season. Hopefully we don't have a bunch of knee-jerk 'Mizzou doesn't belong' reactions once people realize that we lost all of our old punching bags in the Big 12 North.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fun thread.

1. Kansas St fans chanting SEC is great because they got Arkansas last year and lost. Mizzou followed the exact same blueprint that K State laid out to become relevant so Im not really sure why they think they can clown.

2. SEC is clearly the top division because they generally get the best recruits and generally get the best results.

3. In regards to Mizzou, I believe our SEC hype is there to lower everyone's expectations for next season. Hopefully we don't have a bunch of knee-jerk 'Mizzou doesn't belong' reactions once people realize that we lost all of our old punching bags in the Big 12 North.

All good points, honestly. I came to this thread to spar because I like to mess with the tSEC crowd, but I still don't think anyone really doubts that they are the best conference. The latest string of national champions has led some of them to believe that everyone else is irrelevant. That's the part that gets old. I think we can probably put huge amount of the blame on Ohio State for that one.... But USC too... If we go back in time and they don't get lazy and drop a game to Oregon State, I think they probably give Florida a MUCH different NCG than the one Oklahoma gave them to cap off 08.

Which leads me to my point. tSEC folks wanted the playoffs so bad on the grounds that they felt like the conference got boned in years previous to this latest run of championships. Well. Honestly. As a fan of CFB in general, I want the playoffs so that the right teams go up against their top dog. They'll still win more than the other conferences. Like you said, they're on top of the recruiting game....and in my opinion they're on top of the coaching game. But I also think they'll win less than they're expecting.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
108627~A-Grizzly-Bear-Cub-Stands-with-Arms-Outstretched-Posters.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread title should read "Tennessee, SCar, Ole Miss, Mrs. State, Kentucky, and Vandypants aren't as great in football as you think"

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have been hanging out with your retarded brother too much. You guys are starting to become hard to tell apart.

Once again, what does Virginia Tech have to do with the SEC "Yay Conference!" circle jerk perpetuated mostly by the teams who are hangers on, like Georgia.

Another, unfunny meme or gif? Really juice?