• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I want the rest of the SEC to suck (not Little Eleven suck...just suck more than they do) so UF has an easier time of recruiting. It's just so much fun to see people turn bright red and freak out when I pretend to care about "Team SEC"...it's freaking hilarious!!!

Wow. It isn't like you to change course like that so quickly just to fit in. :dhd:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still whistling that little tune, ha? I got news for ya. There might be a some fans in B1G land who are that way, but most people I talk to enjoyed watching Ohio State get spanked....until they heard the tSECtards chanting.

Did you read my post?

I didn't say anything about rooting for rivals.

If you don't have any pride for your conference, then conference championships are meaningless, so is in-conference games.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. It isn't like you to change course like that so quickly just to fit in. :dhd:

...I'm SURE I've gone over this before...haven't I? Shit son, I've been making fun of "Team SEC" ever since I started at UF and started to learn what the college football landscape was like.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my post?

I didn't say anything about rooting for rivals.

If you don't have any pride for your conference, then conference championships are meaningless, so is in-conference games.

Fine. We're good then.

But we still don't do the same thing. You're proud of what other teams in your conference did at the national level. I couldn't care less about Ohio State in 2002 or Michigan in 1997. In fact, I was rooting against both of them. You sure that isn't different from what you do? I took no pride in them when they won. I would have preferred we beat them, resulting in ZERO Big Ten teams in the NCG.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. We're good then.

But we still don't do the same thing. You're proud of what other teams in your conference did at the national level. I couldn't care less about Ohio State in 2002 or Michigan in 1997. In fact, I was rooting against both of them. You sure that isn't different from what you do? I took no pride in them when they won. I would have preferred we beat them, resulting in ZERO Big Ten teams in the NCG.

You should know by now that I am no TEAM SECer.

Did I celebrate when UF, Bama, Auburn & LSU won NC's? Of course not.

Do I celebrate the validation of the SEC by winning 1,000 NC's in a row? Yes.

You celebrate the things that make the BIG10 great. I celebrate what makes the SEC great, :charlie: .

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lesgrind.gif

^^LEWD^^

P.S. GO SEC, BESTEST CONFERENCE EVAH!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should know by now that I am no TEAM SECer.

Did I celebrate when UF, Bama, Auburn & LSU won NC's? Of course not.

Do I celebrate the validation of the SEC by winning 1,000 NC's in a row? Yes.

You celebrate the things that make the BIG10 great. I celebrate what makes the SEC great, :charlie: .

:pound: Point taken.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that article talk about how most of the bowl matchups for SEC teams favor the other conference (for in-conference ranking), yet the SEC typically comes out on top?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama will start a white guy at DB. Vinnie Sunseri.... SEC!!!!!!

White safeties won't win you games but they'll sure as hell lose one's for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that article talk about how most of the bowl matchups for SEC teams favor the other conference (for in-conference ranking), yet the SEC typically comes out on top?

Very valid point.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked 33 dead in the eyes just a couple days after that game and his soul was gone.

I don't know if he ever emotionally recovered from blowing that coverage.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2010, for example, the Auburn Tigers began the season with a consensus ranking of #23, behind SEC rivals Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, and Georgia. The only way a team regarded so lightly early in the season can possibly climb into the national championship game -- which Auburn did that year -- is to beat a slew of highly ranked opponents, which Auburn also did that year. Because polls are arranged from the outset so that SEC teams will face the most highly ranked opponents over the course of a season, only teams from the SEC are time and again able to manage this feat.

In 2000, for example, the Oklahoma Sooners began the season with a consensus ranking of #21, behind BIG XII rivals Kansas State, Nebraska, and Texas. Colorado and A&M chimed in at 24,25. The only way a team regarded so lightly early in the season can possibly climb into the national championship game -- which OU did that year -- is to beat a slew of highly ranked opponents, which Oklahoma also did that year. Because polls are arranged from the outset so that BIG XII teams will face the most highly ranked opponents over the course of a season, only teams from the BIG XII are time and again able to manage this feat.

:peace:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White safeties won't win you games but they'll sure as hell lose one's for you.(quote brasky)

DAMN RIGHT THEY WILL........GIDEON!!!!!!!

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Awbarn, UTenn, Fuck LSD & Both the Dawgs.... Fuck a Cock & A Gaytard.... I Hate them all, unless they are playing an OOC team in a bowl game. SEC.SEC.SEC!

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000, for example, the Oklahoma Sooners began the season with a consensus ranking of #21, behind BIG XII rivals Kansas State, Nebraska, and Texas. Colorado and A&M chimed in at 24,25. The only way a team regarded so lightly early in the season can possibly climb into the national championship game -- which OU did that year -- is to beat a slew of highly ranked opponents, which Oklahoma also did that year. Because polls are arranged from the outset so that BIG XII teams will face the most highly ranked opponents over the course of a season, only teams from the BIG XII are time and again able to manage this feat.

:peace:

Nicely done