• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why SF Should Keep Crabtree

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think most of them will be by winter 2014. Michael Floyd already is IMO.

If the Niners were smart they would've traded the overrated Crabtree last offseason & drafted another possession receiver to replace him like Keenen Allen. Would've been cheaper, and they would've gotten 4 years out of him.

I think Terrance Williams deserves consideration on that list as well. Forgot about him.

You think Terrance Willliams is in consideration as better than Crabtree right now? You've got to be kidding.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think Terrance Willliams is in consideration as better than Crabtree right now? You've got to be kidding.

Right now? No. By winter? I think he will be in consideration. Whether Carbby's better or Terrence is better I think it'll be very close.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say Crabby benefits from VD and a strong run game as well. Biggest thing when people talk about Crabby is "if/when hes healthy" guy seems to have a foot related injury every year. When he has been healthy he plays OK but nothing spectacular.

The benefit of a TE is far less than the benefit of another very good WR. Not to mention that Davis basically disappeared when Crabtree emerged.

As for "if/when healthy," that refers specifically to his recent serious injury. Prior to that, he had missed three games in three seasons.

Again, when Kaepernick was starting at QB, prior to the Achilles tear, Crabtree was spectacular.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now? No. By winter? I think he will be in consideration. Whether Carbby's better or Terrence is better I think it'll be very close.

That is some funny stuff. Im laughing my ass off right now. Crabtree is a lot better.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is some funny stuff. Im laughing my ass off right now. Crabtree is a lot better.

You're not paying attention. I'm saying he WILL be very close to Crabtree by winter. I know Crabtree is better right now. Wide receivers don't tend to peak in their rookie years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery is the one WR I wish we drafted. We had a shot with him and we passed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not paying attention. I'm saying he WILL be very close to Crabtree by winter. I know Crabtree is better right now. Wide receivers don't tend to peak in their rookie years.

I will take Crabtree every day of the week. I don't know you know how good crabtree is. What he brings to this team. Not many do what he does overall in their game.

He is a complete WR.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Players to add:

21 T.Y. Hilton
22 Hakeem Nicks
23 Mike Wallace
24 DeAndre Hopkins
25 Michael Floyd
26 Keenen Allen
27 Justin Hunter
28 Cordarrelle Patterson
29 DeSean Jackson
30 Wes Welker
31 Marques Colston
32 Dwayn Bowe
33 Greg Jennings
34 DaRick Rodger?
35 Green bay receivers?

That gives 32+ players that are arguably better than Crabby... Top 10? :laugh3:

Only if a moron is making the argument.

There is absolutely no argument that Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson, and Rodgers are better than Crabtree right now. Allen is the closest, but he isn't there yet. Greg Jennings? Seriously? Is is 2010? If you're knocking Crabtree for injuries, Nicks doesn't belong anywhere near this list. Hilton is miscast as a #1 receiver; he's far too streaky to be reliable week in and week out. The same could be said for Wallace. Both those guys failed to reach 50 yards in over half their games this season.

The remainder of the list are in the discussion, at least, including Cobb and Nelson, but this list overall is ridiculous.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I will take Crabtree every day of the week. I don't know you know how good crabtree is. What he brings to this team. Not many do what he does overall in their game.

He is a complete WR.

He's a complete, slow, injury-prone, possession receiver. And a good one. But your ranking him as the 8th-best WR in the game is downright ludicrous.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a complete, slow, injury-prone, possession receiver. And a good one. But your ranking him as the 8th-best WR in the game is downright ludicrous.

He's more than a possession receiver, Sick. You put way too much stock in speed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's more than a possession receiver, Sick. You put way too much stock in speed.

I know he's more than a possession receiver; he's a good possession receiver. But he's not the kind of receiver who can do it all. I said the exact same thing about Keenan Allen. I was a huge Keenan Allen fan. But neither one is an extremely rare find. I would sign neither one to a Santonio Holmes like contract, and that's about what he should be demanding. Crabtree's production is right around what Holmes did in Pittsburgh.

Aldon Smith is a rare find. Mike Iupati is a rare find. Crabtree not so much.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I appreciate about Sick is that as soon as he formulates an opinion or comes up with some hair-brained idea, no matter how ridiculous it is, he digs right in and never relents. He's like the TobyTyler of weird football opinions.

He may be a kook but at least he's our kook.

For the record, Crabtree is obviously more than a very good possession receiver but I also don't want them to break the bank for him

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know he's more than a possession receiver; he's a good possession receiver. But he's not the kind of receiver who can do it all. I said the exact same thing about Keenan Allen. I was a huge Keenan Allen fan. But neither one is an extremely rare find. I would sign neither one to a Santonio Holmes like contract, and that's about what he should be demanding. Crabtree's production is right around what Holmes did in Pittsburgh.

Aldon Smith is a rare find. Mike Iupati is a rare find. Crabtree not so much.

Again, I don't disagree that Crabtree isn't a rare player, or that we shouldn't pay him a ton of money. But he's a good player, and if we're planning to let him walk, we'd damn well better figure out how to identify and groom talent at WR.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For the record, Crabtree is obviously more than a very good possession receiver but I also don't want them to break the bank for him

And I'm a kook??? You say he's more than a very good possession receiver, but you don't want to break the bank for him? Apparently you don't want the Niners to put their money where your mouth is because if he were what you say he is he'd be worth all that money.

Get your Niner goggles off people. Crabtree is barely a 1000-yard receiver (which doesn't mean as much in today's NFL as it used to). He's injury prone. And #1 receivers are making double digit millions these days.

I was called worse than a kook for saying the Niners should let Aubrayo Franklin, Kevan Barlow & Ahmed Plummer walk. And for saying letting Julian Peterson walk was the right decision.

Wide receivers are a dime a dozen. It takes an extremely rare one to justify double-digit millions.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 million a year would be breaking the bank in my opinion. I would be happy with 6-7 million a year, as that is what I think he is worth. I don't think he'll take an offer that low, and I'm sure he's as good as gone.

But dude, come on. He's definitely in the conversation when it comes to top 10 receivers. He's not in the Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, etc. level but hes easily in the tier below.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't disagree that Crabtree isn't a rare player, or that we shouldn't pay him a ton of money. But he's a good player, and if we're planning to let him walk, we'd damn well better figure out how to identify and groom talent at WR.

This is pretty much where I'm at

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
10 million a year would be breaking the bank in my opinion. I would be happy with 6-7 million a year, as that is what I think he is worth. I don't think he'll take an offer that low, and I'm sure he's as good as gone.

Again you're contradicting yourself. You say he's more than a very good possession WR; you say he's in the conversation for top 10 in the league. But you then say he's worth 6-7 million a year. Those 2 things are mutually exclusive.