• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why SF Should Keep Crabtree

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANK YOU!!!

PLEEEEEASE trade him. It's time to break up the Kaepernick-Crabby bromance. It's cost the team 2 Super Bowls.

Crabtree is an elite WR and the Kap and Crabtree combo is going to be a great one, you know nothing about football at all, its laughable.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: Kaepernick cost us two Super Bowls.

Kap ALSO got us to a super bowl too. If it wasnt for him we would have never sniffed the superbowl, when he had close to 200 yards rushing against GB and bringing us back on the road against ATL. I love the dumb asses on this board who just pop off at the mouth but dont have a clue.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound crazy but Im starting to think we should go all in on Watkins. He is the typ of play maker this team is missing. I would trade 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th this year and next years 1st and 4th and 7th.

We would still have another 2nd rd and 3rd rd pick. So overall we wouldn't lose much.

Draft Watkins and then and CB in the 2nd rd and then a Center in the 3rd. We still get our needs that we need.

Imagine Watkins on this team. OMG our offense would be scary.

I know its giving up a lot but the truth is we are 1 play maker away on offense. We need that player that can take it to the house at any given time.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This might sound crazy but Im starting to think we should go all in on Watkins. He is the typ of play maker this team is missing. I would trade 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th this year and next years 1st and 4th and 7th.

We would still have another 2nd rd and 3rd rd pick. So overall we wouldn't lose much.

Draft Watkins and then and CB in the 2nd rd and then a Center in the 3rd. We still get our needs that we need.

Imagine Watkins on this team. OMG our offense would be scary.

I know its giving up a lot but the truth is we are 1 play maker away on offense. We need that player that can take it to the house at any given time.

that's a lot even in my eyes and I have been advocating moving up for him for several weeks. I completely agree with you that we have the ammo to get our playmaker and still have draft picks. I don't understand why everyone is so scared to do it. we would still have a 1, 2, 3, (and prolly two 3's cause of the Goldson comp I bet) and get themost dynamic playmaker on offense in 3 drafts

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a lot even in my eyes and I have been advocating moving up for him for several weeks. I completely agree with you that we have the ammo to get our playmaker and still have draft picks. I don't understand why everyone is so scared to do it. we would still have a 1, 2, 3, (and prolly two 3's cause of the Goldson comp I bet) and get themost dynamic playmaker on offense in 3 drafts

I agree, We don't need all these picks. We are at a point where we need a 1-2 very good guys. Getting Watkins gets us that play maker. I say if he is there at #7 we try and trade up with TB, right in front of Minn. TB doesn't need a WR. They need more players. This trade would make sense for them. They still get a 1st rd pick plus an extra 2nd rd pick and another 1st rd pick next year plus extra pick through out the draft. Minn will take Watkins if there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense of:
Kap
Crabtree
Boldin
Watkins in Slot
Patton
V. Davis
Gore
Lattimore

WOW scary. How do you defend that.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if Balke pulled a bold move and orchestrated a trade for Watkins, sadly thought that's just not how I see it playing out. We did move up to draft Ried though so maybe its not a totally impossible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if Balke pulled a bold move and orchestrated a trade for Watkins, sadly thought that's just not how I see it playing out. We did move up to draft Ried though so maybe its not a totally impossible.

I also agree with you about that. We don't make bold moves like that. maybe he will shock us. He makes good moves but not any WOW moves. Difference between trading up to 15-20 to Top 10 pick. Now If Watkins goes in the top 5 then sit back and hope Evans drops out of the Top 10 and then trade up and land him.

All this would of been good if we traded for Gordon.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with you about that. We don't make bold moves like that. maybe he will shock us. He makes good moves but not any WOW moves. Difference between trading up to 15-20 to Top 10 pick. Now If Watkins goes in the top 5 then sit back and hope Evans drops out of the Top 10 and then trade up and land him.

It would have been ideal to trade for Gordon midseason when he was just having an average season. Then he got hot the latter part of the season and his value skyrocketed. How about trading LMJ and a 2nd and 3rd round to the Browns for Gordon? I think Gordon is signed through 2015.:agree:

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cleveland has done a lot of strange things lately. But trading JG isn't gonna be 1 of them now. But stranger things have happen.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On related notes:

Most people here wanted the Niners to re-sign Aubrayo Franklin for big money too (I got a bunch of crap for saying they shouldn't; especially from Clyde).

Most people at ESPN wanted the Niners to re-sign Kevan Barlow & Ahmed Plummer, and I got a bunch of crap (so did imac) for saying the Niners should let them walk. I think Pozz agreed with us on that one too, but I don't remember.

Most people (not I) said it was incredibly stupid to let Julian Peterson walk, but it was absolutely the right move when the Niners switched to a 3-4; he couldn't hold up in that scheme.

My point? You people fall in love with anyone wearing a Niners' jersey who doesn't suck out loud. Michael Crabtree will not bring 10 million dollars a season worth of value to the team. Not even close. And signing him to a long-term deal like that would be one of the worst moves the team could possibly make.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins? The 49ers could move up and take the 6'4, 225lb WR that runs a 4.5 in Mike Evans. Thats who I want. Guy is a big bastard and a big time playmaker

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Watkins? The 49ers could move up and take the 6'4, 225lb WR that runs a 4.5 in Mike Evans. Thats who I want. Guy is a big bastard and a big time playmaker

Or, they could trade up and get Watkins, wait 6 rounds AND get this kid Cody Hoffman from BYU who looks like Marques COlston

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If you're characterizing a "WOW move" as trading up from 30 into the top-5, I can only think of a handful of trades like that in the history of the league. No way I'd do it for Watkins, though if he falls out of the top-10 I think we've got to strongly consider him. Though I still don't think he's a great fit for our offense. That's more a criticism of Roman than Watkins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking about WR I have Crabtree in my Top 10. So yes he is worth top money.
1.Calvin
2.AJ
3.Gordon
4. D. Thomas
5.J. Jones
6.Dez
7.Marshall
8. Crabtree
9.Fitz
10.D. Jackson

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
When talking about WR I have Crabtree in my Top 10. So yes he is worth top money.
1.Calvin
2.AJ
3.Gordon
4. D. Thomas
5.J. Jones
6.Dez
7.Marshall
8. Crabtree
9.Fitz
10.D. Jackson

Yikes that's high.

If he were that good he'd be worth the contract, but he's not. Not even close. In fact, there were a few rookie WRs from this last draft class I'd rather have than Crabby.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Calvin
2.AJ
3.Gordon
4. D. Thomas
5.J. Jones
6.Dez
7.Marshall
8. Crabtree
9.Fitz
10.D. Jackson

Larry Fitzgerald number 9? And below Crabtree? Da fuq?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yikes that's high.

If he were that good he'd be worth the contract, but he's not. Not even close. In fact, there were a few rookie WRs from this last draft class I'd rather have than Crabby.

I think you grossly underestimate Crabtree, Sick. Once Kap took over in 2012, Crab's numbers were top-10 (extrapolate to 1408 yards and 13 TDs). When healthy, he is a very good receiver. If he's not elite, he's close IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Larry Fitzgerald number 9? And below Crabtree? Da fuq?

Notwithstanding my comments above, I would definitely take Fitz over Crabtree. But I don't think the gap is as big as some others do.