• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Oregon fans will never get it

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what have all those awesome recruiting classes got yall Michigan? Mediocrity... Thats what.

We are in the year 2013 where progressive forward thinking programs are leaving the "traditionalists" in the rear view mirror. Michigan can praise the ol RustyNail all they want.

Meanwhile Oregon will continue to get top 25 classes that are better than yourn top 5 classes on the field due to hiring and maintaining some of the best coaches in the land.

The Oregon's of the world will walk in to the big house and kick the shit out of your traditional powerhouse program.

One thing Oregon has NOT done is loss to an FCS team... and at home??? What a joke.

I mean yall should be ashamed and embarrased. That is an absolute eyesore that will never leave your programs history.

Tell me, what traditional power lets this happen???? ANd a 39-7 blowout loss to lil ol Oregon # HOME?!?!?!

Then you have your rivals kicking the shit out of you of late. Ohio State is in another galaxy to where Michigan is.

Shouldnt happen to blue bloods. But I expect it to continue with the lil boys up North. As long as their fanbase doesnt demand better and is content with a fuckin rustynail and praising the most overrated coach in CFB history who has been rotting in a grave for nearly a decade.

Good job UM.... Keep up the tradition, meanwhile forward thinking programs like tOSU, Wisky, and Nebraska will continue to keep their foot on yourn throats....

Michigan is actually recruiting at it's highest point since the rankings came about. We've never recruited like this within that time span, so I'm not sure what's about to happen. You can say that talent and rankings doesn't matter - but it does. And if Michigan keeps recruiting this way, it won't be long before Michigan is in that title game.

I fully expect Michigan will be one of the top 5 programs in CFB come the 2015 season with the talent being pumped into the program.

I'm sure I could look it up and find some FCS team which beat Oregon at some point. It's not relevant. It doesn't erase all the other things Michigan has done nor does it add to what Oregon has done.

Either way, IMO Oregon will be irrelevant in 10 years. As I said, you're the Transformers movie of College Football.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they can buy a national title and have been on the cusp of that for years now. Uncle Phil is going to continue writing blank checks until a crystal football can be put in his office, because the ROI to Nike will pay off and it will be part of his legacy.

The school has little to no say in anything that occurs in it's athletic dept anymore. It's run by Phil Knight and Nike. And Phil didn't pour 100's of millions into those facilities out of the "goodness of his heart" like their deluded fanbase have conned themselves into believing. He does it because it's a business investment. UofO athletics is now Nike's test lab and one of it's main marketing tools. It brings attention to a school that wouldn't exist naturally.

They have to buy a crystal football because they could never do it the natural way. They have to do it with $ because it's Eugene, Oregon. You have to supply these ridiculous over the top facilities, free Nike schwag, and even bribes as we learned from the recent NCAA investigation, to get the recruiting classes they land lately.

right just like Nike was just going to write big checks for Chip to stay. just like Nike was going to pay out the ass to get Gruden or some other big name to replace him. Nike wouldnt let just some OC with no head coaching experience take over.

these things happen because Oregon has the biggest Nike contract in college sports...oh wait no thats Alabama. well Oregon has the second... no North Carolina's is bigger too.
yes the money Knight puts in to Oregon is an investment but he also donates money to academics including the library and law schools and faculty endowments. He also has put money into Stanford, Oregon State, OHSU, Willamete university and his former HS.

As for the last statement you do know the results came out from all that right?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, I can remember my team winning a national title - can you?

Hell no. NATTY wasnt even a thought until 2010. We are only lil ol Oregon.

But it sure is on the Duck fanbase's mind now. How bout yall? Better worry about the next PAC school that walks into the Big House and Curb Stomps your team... Or the next mighty FCS school to drive the rusty nail further into the Michigan coffin.

Shoot, one would think with all that tradition yall would have triple the amount of NFL Hall of Famer's than that of Oregon.... Hmmmm, food for thought.

Mighty Michigan 8 NFL Hofers.

lil ol Oregon 6 NFL Hofers soon to be 7....

Keep hangin on that rusty nail bud...

:rollseyes:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it sure is on the Duck fanbase's mind now. How bout yall? Better worry about the next PAC school that walks into the Big House and Curb Stomps your team... Or the next mighty FCS school to drive the rusty nail further into the Michigan coffin.

Shoot, one would think with all that tradition yall would have triple the amount of NFL Hall of Famer's than that of Oregon.... Hmmmm, food for thought.

well i woulndt say 2010. 2001 was when I started thinking Oregon had a chance at it but not every year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stir the pot but maybe UO could use some of that money to buy some more officials for their home games.......

You mean ones that made bad calls on both sides of the ball?
OU still had a chance to stop Oregon, they didnt. OU still had a chance to win the game, they didnt.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i woulndt say 2010. 2001 was when I started thinking Oregon had a chance at it but not every year.

Yeah, 2001... But the program wasnt close then to what it is today. That was my point.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, IMO Oregon will be irrelevant in 10 years. As I said, you're the Transformers movie of College Football.

Sort of like Michigan is now? The Casablanca of CFB???

Hey another 10 years of this success.... Shoot, lil ol Oregon will take that. This Duck fan is looking forward to the next 10 years there Nostradamus....

:L

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like I remember hearing something like that after Oregon finished #2 and should have played Miami for the NC how long ago was that? a little over 10 years right?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I remember hearing something like that after Oregon finished #2 and should have played Miami for the NC how long ago was that? a little over 10 years right?
2001.... :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, considering Michigan is 4th all time at 8 HOF players, I'd say that's pretty good - so is 6.
Colleges

And I'm guessing we're going to add a few more to that list (Desmond, Woodson and Brady).

I have no doubt that Michigan will get beat by some OOC schools in the next 10 years but I fully expect Michigan to do just as much damage to other teams.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say it. I'm saying it now, after your run is about over.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck are Michigan fans looking for moral victories against Oregon?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck are Michigan fans looking for moral victories against Oregon?

Because we beat them at our house and then we went into the Big House and slaughtered them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gone full retard. Great job OP! And I hope Rich Rod dies of ball cancer. Between the two of you you've done nothing to make MI look good.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gone full retard. Great job OP! And I hope Rich Rod dies of ball cancer. Between the two of you you've done nothing to make MI look good.

Maybe OP is Rich Rod :shocked:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well its a good thing Rob Base came to back you up OP since we all know it takes two to make a troll go right. but I am surprised that this is how you get down. cancer really?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its a good thing Rob Base came to back you up OP since we all know it takes two to make a troll go right. but I am surprised that this is how you get down. cancer really?

Troll? Go back to your mom's tit kid.