• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Oregon fans will never get it

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why as soon as this thing turned onto Michigans program you threw a fit...

Threw a fit? No. I'm not the one ranting in long paragraphs - that would be you. You can trash Michigan all you want - but I know my program is doing just fine and will continue to do so over my entire lifetime. The same can't be said for Oregon.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question, why does it matter what Michigan has done? It doesn't. You're just tearing down our program because you can't accept the facts about your own team that are being pointed out.

so you made a thread bashing an entire program/fan base and don't expect your own program to be questioned in the process?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threw a fit? No. I'm not the one ranting in long paragraphs - that would be you. You can trash Michigan all you want - but I know my program is doing just fine and will continue to do so over my entire lifetime. The same can't be said for Oregon.

how has Michigan been recently?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon can, they just havent. its not like either game was a blow out.

My team lost to both of them in very memorable fashion! Top that!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the talent is on the field for this year. the coaches basically all got promotions, Oregon has been promoting head coaches from within since Rich Brooks, it's a formula that has worked here and has proven to be a success, each coach is better than the last. the facilities will ccontinue to bring in top talent.

It won't take much for Oregon to fail. Like I keep saying, you can't buy kids with facilities.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And OU did recover the on-side kick which would have ended the game with a kneel down. I like the UO program and think they have the best chance of any team from the PAC to take down the SEC in a title game. But there is no defending the replay official that made that call. He had no justification afterward either for his call. All he said was poor me I am getting threatened. Never once defended his call on the field. He and the policy of the PAC to only have their officials for home games has cheated us fans out of some great games. OU wanted to make a trip to the west coast a regular part of the schedule but not under the terms we will use our own officials. Whatever happened to that official anyway? Did he get a job with Nike?

Ive seen plays where all it takes is a knee to end it. but then there is a bad exchange from center. or then the QB hesitates or the center steps back and bumps him or the RB steps up and bumps him and the ball ends up on the ground. in theory yes a knee would have ended the game. but the game is not over until it is over.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question, why does it matter what Michigan has done? It doesn't. You're just tearing down our program because you can't accept the facts about your own team that are being pointed out.

your opinion is not fact

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you made a thread bashing an entire program/fan base and don't expect your own program to be questioned in the process?

You can question it, but like I keep saying - it doesn't change where Oregon is headed. We can have an entirely different conversation about where Michigan is heading and where we've been.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't take much for Oregon to fail. Like I keep saying, you can't buy kids with facilities.

I am pretty sure Oregon has maintained a certain level that will keep kids wanting to play there. the facilities arent hurting recruiting.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can question it, but like I keep saying - it doesn't change where Oregon is headed. We can have an entirely different conversation about where Michigan is heading and where we've been.

where is Oregon heading after just opening a brand new 68 million dollar facility?

You think this equates to failing in the future?

LOL :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you base this on no facts. And the facts you do have within this argument are against you....

Sure, it's an opinion - as all future predictions are.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is Oregon heading after just opening a brand new 68 million dollar facility?

You think this equates to failing in the future?

LOL :L

The only reason you have that facility is because you have 1 rich donor. Your Athletic department wouldn't even be self sustaining without him; who's 75 years old might I add. I think your success sits on the ledge of failure and it just takes 1 event to push Oregon over the edge.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Oregon has maintained a certain level that will keep kids wanting to play there. the facilities arent hurting recruiting.

Are they hurting, no - but there are plenty of programs with pretty great facilities that can't win football games or recruit worth crap.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maize, there is no program I respect more than Michigan for their tradition but you are wrong when you say you can't buy kids with facilities. OU has been pouring money into their program for just this reason. The kids today want the best dorms, practice fields, workout rooms, and stadiums. OU has slid in recent years on recruiting and you know why? Because their athletic dorms were old and out of date. You know what they just opened? That's right athletic dorms! I would argue that OU has some of the best tradition there is but we were still lose recruits to places that have new uniforms and facilities. So instead of just saying this is the field that such and such played on and you should be proud to play here. Even though the kid probably doesn't remember such and such player because they weren't born yet. OU decided that putting money back into the facilities was the way to go. It is a smart move by UO to do this the way they have. I think it does ensure their competitiveness for the near future at least.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how has Michigan done since then? You know the strong and mighty tradition and history program that is Michigan.

During the same time period Michigan has 4 conference titles and a bowl record of 6-7 (also no national titles). So in other words, very comparable. Yet 20 years from now, when those facilities are aged and other program have built newer, better facilities (maybe even Michigan among them) Michigan's tradition will remain. Throwing money at shiny facilities is only a temporary band-aide, a history of championships (both conference and national) and a laundry list of historic names of coaches and players lasts forever.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you have that facility is because you have 1 rich donor. Your Athletic department wouldn't even be self sustaining without him; who's 75 years old might I add. I think your success sits on the ledge of failure and it just takes 1 event to push Oregon over the edge.

That is not true..... I know for a fact....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they hurting, no - but there are plenty of programs with pretty great facilities that can't win football games or recruit worth crap.

Position for position who would you take on Michigan's roster over Oregon's?

lil ol Oregon's recruits are out performing big bad Michigan's recruits.

Oregon will be in the top 3 next year in players drafted into the NFL.

THis year they had 2 - 1st rounders not to mention several others in rounds 2-7.